RichieB

Villa want Bannan

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Bannan to villa,reach to wolves ,get £20 million in January for both ,would be good business

And the scary part is that would probably just allow us to break even on the FFP deficit. There wouldn't be much cash for replacements. 

• Agree 1

Wasnt it the daily mirror though:picnic:

50 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

After looking into it Villa are still sailing close to the FFP wind, the takeover doesn't actually change anything.

So if the rumour of their interest in Bannan is true it can only mean they're selling Grealish.

Sort of makes sense that, to me anyway.lol

Well they’re levelling up then, from what I’ve seen Bannan is twice the player Grealish is 

Buy low sell high. All the most successful teams in this league do it, get rid when there’s a demand, sell for top whack and reinvest in someone younger at a much lower price with potential. Bannan is in his prime and worth 10-12 million. He won’t be worth that in a season or two. Sad to see him go but holding on to players too long and flat out refusing to let people go has put us in our current mess. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

18 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

And the scary part is that would probably just allow us to break even on the FFP deficit. There wouldn't be much cash for replacements. 

Not this season. But over a three year rolling period, breaking even would make a big difference in the summer (I think) 

• Thanks 1

Just emphasises the completely amateurish transfer and player management this club chose to operate after the first year of Chansiris tenure.

The reality of our financial situation is the one pretty transparent thing around the murky  waters that is our club at the moment. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't trust jos, more the fact I wouldn't trust our chairman, but if we had a big mick, Megson, allardyce, pullis type of manager in charge at the moment, who knows this league and British football inside out, I'd say if you can get £10/12 million for bannan, similar for Reach & get Nando fit and firing before Christmas, I'd let them cash in on all three, get a couple of Prem loans in and steady the ship allowing for a rebuild in the summer.... 

Problem is would you trust DC & Jos to be able to do that??? 

Edited by shezzas left peg

27 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

It's finally sinking in then?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Keep banging the drum

They'll get the rhythm soon enough.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

but if we had a big mick, Megson, allardyce, pullis type of manager in charge at the moment, who knows this league and British football inside out

I don’t think any of the managers you mention would come? Do you?

I don’t think they would put up with some of the “non performers” either.

And, that is the context that you have to gauge the current managers predicament.

At least he’s trying to make a fist of it.

He certainly doesn’t court popularity.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Buy low sell high. All the most successful teams in this league do it, get rid when there’s a demand, sell for top whack and reinvest in someone younger at a much lower price with potential. Bannan is in his prime and worth 10-12 million. He won’t be worth that in a season or two. Sad to see him go but holding on to players too long and flat out refusing to let people go has put us in our current mess. 

Spot on mate. 

8 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

:carlos::Chansiri:

36 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

It will at least enable us to keep Westwood, Hutch and Abdi, in exile until their contracts run out Whoopee

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Ridiculous ain't it, so an owner can just throw money at it and walk away and another owner can come in and do same to make sure of promotion 

Hope they stay down

And if that's the case then DC should get on phone to Amanda staveley tomorrow, her clients make look DC look like a pauper. 

To be honest, I thought the 30 mil they paid for the shares would go against FFP as income, and it does, but they're still in the crappolla :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Keep banging the drum

They'll get the rhythm soon enough.

That's why we need to make the most of this season while we still have these players.

We ain't going to do that with Jostle and his defending.

Just now, gurujuan said:

It will at least enable us to keep Westwood, Hutch and Abdi, in exile until their contracts run out Whoopee

Yay! And not forgetting Jones and Boyd. 

22 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Hes our only consistent player over 3 seasons and deserves attention, to say refusing to let people go has caused our current mess is way off, who else has shown consistent form to draw serious attention and big money.

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Well they’re levelling up then, from what I’ve seen Bannan is twice the player Grealish is 

Can't argue with that, but Grealish is still only 23 and for some reason seen as a shining light.

With Spurs rightly laughing at the 40 mil valuation Villa put on him, I could still see him going there for 25.