Villa want Bannan

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Ridiculous ain't it, so an owner can just throw money at it and walk away and another owner can come in and do same to make sure of promotion 

Hope they stay down

And if that's the case then DC should get on phone to Amanda staveley tomorrow, her clients make look DC look like a pauper. 

To be honest, I thought the 30 mil they paid for the shares would go against FFP as income, and it does, but they're still in the crappolla :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Buy low sell high. All the most successful teams in this league do it, get rid when there’s a demand, sell for top whack and reinvest in someone younger at a much lower price with potential. Bannan is in his prime and worth 10-12 million. He won’t be worth that in a season or two. Sad to see him go but holding on to players too long and flat out refusing to let people go has put us in our current mess. 

Hes our only consistent player over 3 seasons and deserves attention, to say refusing to let people go has caused our current mess is way off, who else has shown consistent form to draw serious attention and big money.

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Well they’re levelling up then, from what I’ve seen Bannan is twice the player Grealish is 

Can't argue with that, but Grealish is still only 23 and for some reason seen as a shining light.

With Spurs rightly laughing at the 40 mil valuation Villa put on him, I could still see him going there for 25.

11 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t think any of the managers you mention would come? Do you?

I don’t think they would put up with some of the “non performers” either.

And, that is the context that you have to gauge the current managers predicament.

At least he’s trying to make a fist of it.

He certainly doesn’t court popularity.

I wasn't having a dig per say more at our chairman /scouting network not being up to scratch as many have pointed out. 

I was using those managers just to put a point across that was more meaning, a manager with plenty of knowledge and contacts in our leagues would have a better idea of cut price players suited to our predicament and the championship than jos does with the ineptitude of our current senior scouting network. I'll not knock the dev squad scouting as such as thornily, Baker and possibly including Nielson, West, hagen, dawodo, and grant from the u18s too seems to be doing a good job. 

We have so many pieces missing in our current jigsaw unless we have a large infusion of cash we will never complete the picture.

Bannan is my favourite player because of his skill and attitude, however we have to be realistic at his age  8 - 10 million would be a good price. Like our other Crown Jewels Reach, FF and possibly Joao I feel we should let the bidding begin and cash in at the right price.

Time to chuck this jigsaw in the bin and buy a new one.

If we got offered big money like 8m I’d let him go.

hes a great player and I like him but we are over reliant on him.

everything goes through bannan usually in deep positions.

he doesn’t score many either.

if we could use a 1/4 of that money on any lower league midfielder/wide player with pace and play joey Onomah and reach in the 3 I’d be happy with that.

Edited by ka58

We all suspect that someone has to be sold to help appease the FFP situation. If one or more are sold for half decent cash in January then I suspect they would be replaced by quality loanees to see us through til the end of the season so Jos can bring in his chosen players in the summer. That's unless Sibon is our new head coach by then of course lol 

FFP

FFS

8 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I'd be extremely sad to see Bannan leave.

He's been one of the few players to shine in the gloom of the last 15 months; at his best he's a rolls royce of a footballer, and even off form he always gives 100%, never leaves anything out on the field and has a genuine affiliation with club and fans. Under anything like normal circumstances, he'd be the last player we should let go.

But our perilous financial situation and stale, over paid squad, are as much a consequence of our inability to move players on at the right time, as they are of our shocking recruitment. What could we have got for Westwood a couple of years ago now he rots? Tom Lees doesn't look like a £10 million pound defender anymore does he?

If we are going to ever get out of this perpetual cycle of paying sky high prices for mediocre football, then we are going to have to sell some of our better players. If we could get north of £10 million, then with a heavy heart I'd agree it was the right decision. 

Glad some of our fans are able to see sense. I’ve been reading page after page of 12m, 15m even 20m at least comments. For one of our best players admittedly but also a player that could have left for free at end of season and that unless I’m mistaken we signed for free. 

Our mistake as a club and as fans is is wanting to hold onto players for far too long. Lees 6-10m Westwood 1-2m, Fessi 10-12m, Reach 9m Jaoa 9m, Hirst 2m were all stories / rumered interest I remember reading. It only takes selling one or two a season to fund your next wave of development and improvement. Leeds, Brentford, dare I say even Utd seem to do this very well. 

Our aim shouldn’t be to keep hold of all our best players and recontract after original contracts run there courses but to find the next Bannan, the next Fessi, the next Lees.

Recontracting our best players or signing players deemed to good for championship puts them on 20-30k per week and only being able to lose 12m a season means you can only afford a handful of them. My best guess is we have: Westwood, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Fessi, Hooper, Jaoa, Fletch, Rhodes & Reach that fit that category. 

If we continue to ‘buy high and sell never’ we as fans will continue to pay huge prices too. We as a club used to be great at signing bargains. We need to start selling a few at a profit now. 

Would not be happy if we excepted £8M for him. Pigs would get £20M if they had him. He is worth more too us.  or do we sell a couple at £12M and start again.