Villa want Bannan

I’m not naive about footballers and their (understandable IMO) rent-a-loyalty, but genuinely thought he’d had a bit of a rubbish time there, and has frequently spoken publicly about wanting to ‘see out his career at Wednesday’ while Villa were in our division (and had reportedly already shown interest).

Be fascinating to see how this one plays out - of course they might make him an offer he can’t refuse career-wise, but they’re currently pulling up even fewer Championship trees than we are, and I can’t see DC rolling over in the wage battle for Bazza, even if it means offloading an extra couple of others.

Intriguing. Hope he stays, obviously,

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I’m not naive about footballers and their (understandable IMO) rent-a-loyalty, but genuinely thought he’d had a bit of a rubbish time there, and has frequently spoken publicly about wanting to ‘see out his career at Wednesday’ while Villa were in our division (and had reportedly already shown interest).

Be fascinating to see how this one plays out - of course they might make him an offer he can’t refuse career-wise, but they’re currently pulling up even fewer Championship trees than we are, and I can’t see DC rolling over in the wage battle for Bazza, even if it means offloading an extra couple of others.

Intriguing. Hope he stays, obviously,

You’ve got a point, Villa aren’t the attraction they were a few years ago after dropping out of the prem. If they were still a prem side he’d already be gone 

Don’t buy that he’s a fan though? Has he oublically said this? The blokes Scottish 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

Thought Bannan was a Celtic fan?

Not that it matters. 

I think we have to take all potential sales seriously. 

I just hope we do what other clubs do and add a digit at the end as a starting point.

Rather than taking the first scandalous offer as usual.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You’ve got a point, Villa aren’t the attraction they were a few years ago after dropping out of the prem. If they were still a prem side he’d already be gone 

Don’t buy that he’s a fan though? Has he oublically said this? The blokes Scottish 

Yeah I’ve never heard he was a particularly big fan either

I think Bannan is a very, very, good player. Always gives 100% regardless of his actual performance.

Very surprised he signed another contract. He is the heart of team - and the only player worth keeping hold of, above all else.

I’d be very sorry to see him leave.

A true Club player.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

You always start high and meet on sortish middle ground, he's worth more than 8 million 

Best creative midfielder in the Champ at the moment by some distance, and top three easy over last four seasons. High profile, prime age, and unproven kids have gone for half as much again after one good term. Even without my Owls-tinted glasses on, £8m is scandalously lowball.

Edited by Mr. Tom