U23s v Burnley (h)

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You are entitled to your own view. They're like arseholes everyone a got one. Doesn't mean that you're opinion is the correct one though.

The manager himself seems to think it's the defence too and not the keeper.

Have I said it’s the correct one? It may be, it may be not? That said another view I have is we’ll be in the bottom three before the end of the season if we persevere with Dawson in goal but I hope that’s something else I’ve got or I’ll get wrong :biggrin:

38 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Some myth. 15 games, 26 goals conceded and 0 clean sheets. He’s certainly swimming strongly in the shallow end, Isn’t he? :rolleyes:

Yeah it's all keepers fault back four are superb so is midfield. 

How many games have watched in the flesh this season 

Just got back.

Wildsmith was horrendous.

First goal he miss-controls a back pass, then passes it to a Burnley player who hits a grass cutter that my 2 year old could have stopped. Squirms straight through him. 2nd goal I have seen Van Aken taking the blame from people who seemed to be watching with the 1st team players. I was at the other end. Wildsmith shouted 'keepers' then stopped causing Van Aken to stop for a second. Player nipped in and fired under Wildsmith who could have saved it. On the keeper for me although it looked like Van Aken made the error from a far. 3rd goal was a disaster, simple cross, no one near him. Caught it, then fumbled it onto the floor for a Burnley player to run in and score. 4th goal was well worked. 

Wednesday played well and deserved much more from the game. Let down by a supposed senior goalkeeper.

Dawson has saved more shots than any keeper in the division and hasn't been to blame for any goals really so he's basically dealt with everything he could. We'd be bottom with Wildsmith in goal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Just got back.

First goal he miss-controls a back pass, then passes it to a Burnley player who hits a grass cutter that my 2 year old could have stopped. Squirms straight through him. 2nd goal I have seen Van Aken taking the blame from people who seemed to be watching with the 1st team players. I was at the other end. Wildsmith shouted 'keepers' then stopped causing Van Aken to stop for a second. Player nipped in and fired under Wildsmith who could have saved it. On the keeper for me although it looked like Van Aken made the error from a far. 3rd goal was a disaster, simple cross, no one near him. Caught it, then fumbled it onto the floor for a Burnley player to run in and score. 4th goal was well worked. 

Wednesday played well and deserved much more from the game. Let down by a supposed senior goalkeeper.

Dawson has saved more shots than any keeper in the division and hasn't been to blame for any goals really so he's basically dealt with everything he could. We'd be bottom with Wildsmith in goal.

Maybe our manager knows what he is doing in terms of the goal keeping situation after all.

• Like 2

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Maybe our manager knows what he is doing in terms of the goal keeping situation after all.

The problem is people see the 1st team games only.

Hardly anyone see's U18/U23 games, and no one see's training. 

Stuff like this could be happening every day.

57 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Is hutch injured or just out of favour

According to someone on Facebook (I know!) who apparently was there, Hutch was there and fuming because they wouldn't play him.

Someone else reckoned Sam also said that Winnall was fit.

This was not a 'friend' of mine just someone on one the sh ite Wednesday pages so who knows.

Just now, BIG D said:

According to someone on Facebook (I know!) who apparently was there, Hutch was there and fuming because they wouldn't play him.

Someone else reckoned Sam also said that Winnall was fit.

This was not a 'friend' of mine just someone on one the sh ite Wednesday pages so who knows.

Maybe we saving them for Saturday 

26 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The problem is people see the 1st team games only.

Hardly anyone see's U18/U23 games, and no one see's training. 

Stuff like this could be happening every day.

Reminds me of when we had Francisco Sanetti, made his debut in final game of season scoring a blinder and then the following season when we were doing crap most of the Kop were shouting his name wanting him to come on as sub.

Thing is I saw most of the reserve home games as they were back then where Francisco Sanetti  was playing and as a striker I think I'm right in saying he didn't score a single goal all season  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, mark77 said:

Just got back.

Looks like the star agrees with your prognosis.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/joe-wildsmith-endures-an-afternoon-to-forget-as-sheffield-wednesday-s-under-23s-suffer-heavy-home-defeat-1-9418953

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Me too..Its the invisible van!

van aken is so skinny he is almost invisible, I was quite shocked how skinny his legs were last april when he was going down the steps to the ground, no wonder he is always injured ,he just don't look physically big enough to be a championship defender. 

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

He is a great shot stopper but its his all round game that needs improvement, for me does not come out to the attackers and close them down.

Wildsmith did nothing wrong from last season to only feature in the two cup games one of which he kept a clean sheet, Westwood well who knows.

jos is a total clown ,he says dawson and wildsmith are our future , but wildsmith aint getting game time and this is the 2nd u23 game he has played and is making big errors , what should have happened is wildsmith should have gone to somewhere on loan ,he needs experience what he cant get with the odd u23 game , im sure if he went somewhere like Barnsley he would be getting massive experience and game time, what jos has done with westwood is criminal ,ive no problem with westwood going in the summer but upto then use him he is on appx 25k a week, total wasted