U23s v Burnley (h)

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Another one peddling the Dawson myth

Some myth. 15 games, 26 goals conceded and 0 clean sheets. He’s certainly swimming strongly in the shallow end, Isn’t he? :rolleyes:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Some myth. 15 games, 26 goals conceded and 0 clean sheets. He’s certainly swimming strongly in the shallow end end, isn’t he? :rolleyes:

How many shots has he faced from his wee wee poor defenders?

How does his shot saved to goal ratio compare to the rest of the divisions keepers?

If you constantly face shots you are gonna concede a few.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How many shots has he faced from his wee wee poor defenders?

How does his shot saved to goal ratio compare to the rest of the divisions keepers?

If you constantly face shots you are gonna concede a few.

Ever thought however good or bad our defenders are, they are more prone to errors because they have no confidence in the keeper behind them who tends to flap more than Yankee Doodle Pigeon when he’s trying to escape the clutches of the Vulture Squadron?

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Some myth. 15 games, 26 goals conceded and 0 clean sheets. He’s certainly swimming strongly in the shallow end, Isn’t he? :rolleyes:

If you constantly change the defence, thats what you get.

There are far far bigger concerns than Dawson, who has now become the scapegoat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

they are more prone to errors because they have no confidence in the keeper behind them

I really don't think that happens. surely they would be more determined to prevent shots coming in.

• Like 1

Ever thought however good or bad our defenders are, they are more prone to errors because they have no confidence in the keeper behind them who tends to flap more than Yankee Doodle Pigeon when he’s trying to escape the clutches of the Vulture Squadron?

Nope. Our defenders are just poo. Tske Lees for example. Did a lack of confidence in daeson mean that lees decided to not tackle opposition attackers 3 times in the last month, leading to shots on goal against a keeper he supposedly doesn't trust??

How about his back pass to him which sold him very short? Was that Dawson's fault too?

We have many faults but keeper isn't one of them.

You still didn't answer my question though. What's his shots saved to goals conceded ratio like in respect to other champ keepers?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Nope they are just garbage, look at how bad lees is. 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Get him alongside a proper partner again to take off the leadership burden and he'll be fine again.

Just make him defend that's all he needs to do lol

Hes just not very good. Where are we going to find that person that needs to do his job as well as his own? 

Money?????? 

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Nope. Our defenders are just poo. Tske Lees for example. Did a lack of confidence in daeson mean that lees decided to not tackle opposition attackers 3 times in the last month, leading to shots on goal against a keeper he supposedly doesn't trust??

How about his back pass to him which sold him very short? Was that Dawson's fault too?

We have many faults but keeper isn't one of them.

You still didn't answer my question though. What's his shots saved to goals conceded ratio like in respect to other champ keepers?

No I don’t know but the fact you keep peddling it suggests he’s near the Top but I think Dawson’s the problem, you think it’s the defence and I’ll bow to your superior judgement as I do to all the other know it alls on here. It’s only opinions after all and that’s what football in the main is based on but some have to argue the to$$ and neg away just to prove they’re right. That’s not my style. I accept other fans to have another view to me but I’m entitled to mine just as you are to yours.

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Haha 1

No I don’t know but the fact you keep peddling it suggests he’s near the Top but I think Dawson’s the problem, you think it’s the defence’s and I’ll bow to your superior judgement as I do to all the other know it alls on here. It’s only opinions after all and that’s what football in the main is based on but some have to argue the to$$ and neg away just prove they’re right. That’s not my style. I accept other fans to have another view to me but I’m entitled to mine just as you are to yours.

You are entitled to your own view. They're like arseholes everyone a got one. Doesn't mean that you're opinion is the correct one though.

The manager himself seems to think it's the defence too and not the keeper.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Hes just not very good. Where are we going to find that person that needs to do his job as well as his own? 

Money?????? 

There's a good defender in there we've seen it before.

He can't play in a 3. In a 2 he needs a strong leader alongside him to organise while he just gets on with it. We don't have anyone to do that atm so I'd play Thorniley and Hector for the time being.