Owlstalk members guide to football management

31 minutes ago, owler66 said:

This thread is for people who are happy to keep Wednesday back stop excepting rubbish and challenge poor performances, my wife is scouse a Liverpool supporter and laughs at what we put up with. 

I will not apologise for not excepting crap this club has been kept back for years by people like the OP

Ah.. the old 'I'm a better fan than you are because I get unrealistically angry about everything' routine?

Some good points "accept" (sic) Liverpool aren't the likeliest benchmark for what we should "except" (sic). :huh:

Edited by DJMortimer

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Ah.. the old 'I'm a better fan than you are because I get unrealistically angry about everything' routine?

Some good points "accept" (sic) Liverpool aren't the likeliest benchmark for what we should "except" (sic). :huh:

Scouses loved Kenny Dalglish as soon he was not performing well he was out, 

He would still be a Wednesday manager that's the difference between the clubs 

11 hours ago, SouthCoastOwl said:

Blame Dawson

Blame Pudil

Blame Fox

Blame Jos

Blame Carlos

Blame Chansiri

Blame Hillsborough for being too quiet

Blame Hillsborough for being too intimidating for younger players

Blame lack of stripes on the back of the shirt

Blame the club badge

Blame the super tram

Blame the superstore

And big dave you can’t forget him , unless that’s what you meant by tram 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

But would you accept it if he was misspelling expect? lol 

FFP
FFS

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

sic definition: 1. a word written in brackets after a word that you have copied to show that you know it has been spelled or used

If you're going to rip someone at least get it right...

On 29/10/2018 at 15:21, SouthCoastOwl said:

Blame Dawson

Blame Pudil

Blame Fox

Blame Jos

Blame Carlos

Blame Chansiri

Blame Hillsborough for being too quiet

Blame Hillsborough for being too intimidating for younger players

Blame lack of stripes on the back of the shirt

Blame the club badge

Blame the super tram

Blame the superstore

But trust me on the sunscreen

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:22, Roy Of The Roasters said:

1) Be wise with hindsight. Because the players you didn't pick, the formation you didn't go with and the substitutions you didn't make would quite obviously have worked.

2) Blame Cameron Dawson.

Or Liam Palmer

Gary Neville nailed it on MNF. Modern day Players need a way of playing and philosophy on the training pitch to be successful. All the top managers (Klopp, Pep, Pochettino) have one way of playing and they stick to it.

I’d love to know what goes on in training as every time we step out on a Saturday there’s no game plan whatsoever.

Whatever Jos is doing in training the players clearly aren’t understanding 

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:15, owler66 said:

This thread is for people who are happy to keep Wednesday back stop excepting rubbish and challenge poor performances, my wife is scouse a Liverpool supporter and laughs at what we put up with. 

I will not apologise for not excepting crap this club has been kept back for years by people like the OP

YEARS? try decades.

And it is the fans who only want success for a few years just to have the bragging rights in Sheffield.

I have had a S/T EVERY season since 1971, I have experienced too many seasons of Boom and Bust, but never a time of PLANNED progress, bringing players to the club with their futures in front of them (not for the short term), build a good youth development system, build a good coaching system and staff.

What has held this club back in that time has been a policy of  short sighted, knee jerk  reactionary panic moves.

How many Managers have we had in the last 20 years who has been given the time to build a club?.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

YEARS? try decades.

And it is the fans who only want success for a few years just to have the bragging rights in Sheffield.

I have had a S/T EVERY season since 1971, I have experienced too many seasons of Boom and Bust, but never a time of PLANNED progress, bringing players to the club with their futures in front of them (not for the short term), build a good youth development system, build a good coaching system and staff.

What has held this club back in that time has been a policy of  short sighted, knee jerk  reactionary panic moves.

How many Managers have we had in the last 20 years who has been given the time to build a club?.

Spot on