Sibon returns...

2 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

What's the problem here, why so much negativity about an ex player coming back to visit Sheffield?

Anyone who keeps a place in their heart for Sheffield and Wednesday is OK in my book.

Just think the timing was a bit off 

People want to hear about improvements and changes at the club, if any 

Not a mediocre player returning to the club for a pointless chat. And yes he was mediocre I saw him live for many seasons, was just the best of a bad bunch 

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Just think the timing was a bit off 

People want to hear about improvements and changes at the club, if any 

Not a mediocre player returning to the club for a pointless chat. And yes he was mediocre I saw him live for many seasons, was just the best of a bad bunch 

Thanks for clearing that up buddy.

I remember hearing the news we’d signed Sibon when i was very hungover in the morning on a lads holiday in Benidorm in 1999.

At the time I was convinced the woman on Sky news had said we’d signed De Bilde and Seedorf and for the rest of the holiday thinking we’d signed Clarence Seedorf.

You can imagine my disappointment when I got home.

• Haha 4

Not having that Sibon would come back here just for a visit ....   clearly been after a job 

Maybe we could do a lot worse, I’ve never understood why people give the bloke grief .. for me he stuck by the club more than most did at the time 

people saying he was nothing more than mediocre, I’m sure he didn’t do too bad when he left the club and went on to score a lot of goals for Heerenveen and PSV 

Brought his gert over wi him anaal from what I heard in his interview,"to see where he used to work and show her the local countryside" :wub:  

Non committal when asked if he would like to work in this country. 

That's enough for me. Gerald Sibon is our new strikers' coach. yayyyyyyyyy

FFP
FFS

5 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

He says in the interview the ground hasn't changed.  It's 15 and half years since he left and it literally hasn't changed at all.  Is there anything apart from white seats showing Chansiri and new badge these days?

Flatter pitch mate.

FFS.

5 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

He says in the interview the ground hasn't changed.  It's 15 and half years since he left and it literally hasn't changed at all.  Is there anything apart from white seats showing Chansiri and new badge these days?

I thought he said "nothing's changed …………………………………………….

But then, he'd still be right, wouldn't he..  lol 

FFP
FFS

On 29/10/2018 at 13:05, Hillsborough Mole said:

Many of the idiots who criticised Sibon were lapping up the performances of OGrady and Sodje just a few years later

I quite liked O’Grady, in the context of the time, back then. But he couldn’t finish.

Sibon was wasted talent IMO.

Still, it’s all about opinions.