Just seen this on FB

As per title. Anybody else heard about this?

3 minutes ago By James Gordon
Frickley Athletic manager Spencer Fearn has left the club to take up a role at Championship club Sheffield Wednesday.

Fearn’s departure was confirmed on social media following their 3-0 defeat to Ramsbottom United in the FA Trophy.

A club statement said: “To confirm the earlier post on social media, Spencer has been offered a full time coaching role with a championship club & will leave the club with immediate effect.

“It is a mark of his integrity that he appreciates that he cannot serve us & his new club at the same time & commit 100% to both. We all wish him the very, very best of success.

“The club have acted immediately to appoint John Stancliffe as interim first team manager & this will ensure continuity of the plans that are in place for the football club, which extends way beyond activity on the pitch.

“We ask that everyone gets behind Stan and his team, the players and the management team.”

Edited by darra

2 minutes ago, darra said:

I didn't think he would be either

With all the "Jos getting sacked" rumours, I first thought this was one of those. But if it's for a regular coaching position I don't see why not. 

It sounds like his Lifeskills company has done well and I know Wednesday have a tie up already with local colleges so may be a match made in Heaven.

It says in the article above or another I read that they (his Lifeskills company) had a centre at the ground previously so maybe there is more than just coaching to his role.