The pressure is on...

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pressure is mainly on Jos to come back to winning ways immediately

Pressure on Chansiri too as results aren’t keeping fans happy 

The least pressure is on the players who aren’t delivering as a team but are the ones who feel the pressure least 

weird that the ones who can immediately affect results are the ones least under pressure 

Chansiri is under pressure and rightly so, he can't afford to be relegated this season, but the financial mess he has put us in means he can't throw money at it either.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Have to be honest. 

Truth be told, I think the losses bother me a lot more when we are good (i.e. have a sense of expectation). 

Currently, I don't particularly rate this team and I'm not convinced by this manager. The last week has pretty much reaffirmed what I thought at the start of the season; that we'd be mid-table at best. 

We went into this period of fixtures in 6th, having lost 1 game in 9? A good team would have seized the moment and kicked on. What we have done? Lost three in a row and conceded a shed load of goals in the process. 

Totally get it.

I didn’t even bother tuning in for the Boro game, I knew we’d get beaten.

I had to talk myself into watching yesterday’s game.

I can’t wait for this season to be over. 

29 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The more positive folk don't generally go missing when we lose and tend to be on here, rain or shine, whatever the result unlike those who tend to revel in negativy and gloat at our failings and who rush out from the shadows following any loss, setback or hint of unrest.

I would guess if anyone you're referring to, I'm not really sure who you might mean, has gone then it might just be because they are sick of all the constant bitching and moaning in here and the shitstirring and trolling to fuel the bad feeling.

I've said it before, I don't get it?  I can't see the point in carrying so much resentment that you can no longer enjoy a  simple victory.  I'd personally just let go, move on and find something more positive in which to channel my energy and enthusiasm.

Instead some folk continue spending vast swathes of time and effort into manipulating bad feeling and anger from their fellow supporters against their chosen foes.  Strange.

The beauty of the written word on these types of platforms is it is very easy to go back and see who posts what and the most fervently about which issues and when.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with huge contrasts of opinion and views, it's what it is here for.  Some contributors though seem to simply exist for the attention they create and crave by channelling the emotions of those more genuinely frustrated but yet to lose the ability to enjoy the good bits that come now and then.

Very, very sad.

You've done it again Bertie ...

You've only bloody gone and won the internet again !!!

lol.....

Gold Standard post Lad .....

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The more positive folk don't generally go missing when we lose and tend to be on here, rain or shine, whatever the result unlike those who tend to revel in negativy and gloat at our failings and who rush out from the shadows following any loss, setback or hint of unrest.

I would guess if anyone you're referring to, I'm not really sure who you might mean, has gone then it might just be because they are sick of all the constant bitching and moaning in here and the shitstirring and trolling to fuel the bad feeling.

I've said it before, I don't get it?  I can't see the point in carrying so much resentment that you can no longer enjoy a  simple victory.  I'd personally just let go, move on and find something more positive in which to channel my energy and enthusiasm.

Instead some folk continue spending vast swathes of time and effort into manipulating bad feeling and anger from their fellow supporters against their chosen foes.  Strange.

The beauty of the written word on these types of platforms is it is very easy to go back and see who posts what and the most fervently about which issues and when.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with huge contrasts of opinion and views, it's what it is here for.  Some contributors though seem to simply exist for the attention they create and crave by channelling the emotions of those more genuinely frustrated but yet to lose the ability to enjoy the good bits that come now and then.

Very, very sad.

Well said.  Top post.  

Guest Hillsborough Mole
47 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Very, very sad.

Do you really think that people think about it that deeply?

Pressure, isn’t on.  We aren’t going up or down.  Only pressure is finding a buyer for Adam Reach so we can alleviate the FFP conundrum. We have a clear out at the end of the season so we can rebuild.

We have a strange over the top fanbase.  The amount of people coming on here thinking we were about to get promoted after Bristol city was ridiculous. `I came on here after that game saying we weren’t a top 6 side and got negged etc. We have been relying on wonder goals all season and we can’t defend.  We are miles away.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I know, sad isn't it?  Yes though, some do.

I can see that some do it as some form of wind up. But its only a very few. And yes, that is sad. Because it detracts from actual reality

I think there is a genuine concern amongst our fanbase for the clubs future, and as with most things, that concern grows as it reaches peoples consciousness - and those conscious levels will differ from person to person - based on numerous different qualities that individual may have.

Intelligence, business acumen, football knowledge, an awareness of what happens at other clubs, inside knowledge gained from various club staff, whats happening on the pitch, whats happening off the pitch, experiences in dealings with the club, Chairmans statements and Fans Forums - everyone is different. As that is communicated on this forum (and many others, including Twitter and Facebook) you'll find peoples views will sway one way or the other. Its rarely going to be an instantaneous thing - and right now given the Chairmans statements about it being a sh*t or bust kind of season - and bust looking a more likely scenario the opinion on whats happening is swaying to concern. Concern with how the club is being run. The buck stops at the top.

More and more fans seem to be waking up to our current situation which isnt as good as we all hoped when the cash was being splashed. And we are all now hoping there is some kind of plan.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

You don't mean that. 

No. I absolutely don't

I'd like him to go before it

25 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I can see that some do it as some form of wind up. But its only a very few. And yes, that is sad. Because it detracts from actual reality

I think there is a genuine concern amongst our fanbase for the clubs future, and as with most things, that concern grows as it reaches peoples consciousness - and those conscious levels will differ from person to person - based on numerous different qualities that individual may have.

Intelligence, business acumen, football knowledge, an awareness of what happens at other clubs, inside knowledge gained from various club staff, whats happening on the pitch, whats happening off the pitch, experiences in dealings with the club, Chairmans statements and Fans Forums - everyone is different. As that is communicated on this forum (and many others, including Twitter and Facebook) you'll find peoples views will sway one way or the other. Its rarely going to be an instantaneous thing - and right now given the Chairmans statements about it being a sh*t or bust kind of season - and bust looking a more likely scenario the opinion on whats happening is swaying to concern. Concern with how the club is being run. The buck stops at the top.

More and more fans seem to be waking up to our current situation which isnt as good as we all hoped when the cash was being splashed. And we are all now hoping there is some kind of plan.

Go and have a pint ....

It will get better 

I promise you 

It will .........

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Go and have a pint ....

It will get better 

I promise you 

It will .........

I did that yesterday

Most of the afternoon. I can assure you. It didnt really help

4 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

At QPR and Birmingham the team looked devoid of a single idear..

At Birmingham we were ok for most of the first half.

A goal just before half time was a big blow. Tom Lees At fault again.

long hard season ahead.

UTO

Lees at fault for the second too, was the wrong side of the player that headed home , poor defending.

Guest The Horse

Even if we get dry bummed by the piggies home and away, he ain't going anywhere.

We can't afford it.

I don't feel he's the right man for the job, can't quantify it other than to say it's a gut feeling - he just doesn't feel right for us.

But he's here and he needs to work poo out fast. I'd love him to turn things around, prove me wrong.

But like when you're trying to convince yourself that your new girlfriend is awesome despite something deep down telling you otherwise, it just doesn't feel... right.

Chansiri says nothing..Neither does Jos much....

I was hoping Jos was just acting cool at press conferences...sip of water, knowing smile...mutterin'

"A fortnight"

Now I reckon he's either rippin' the p8ss, or knows its mainly hopeless and is resigned to it.

I got a text from a mate at Birmingham..

"Fletch will get another".....

then

"he's took Fletch off"

Its rare you can read someone being "Aghast" into a text..but he was.

The whole thing smacks of resignation, 

Its like Luhukay was told the same as us..."promotion this year or "big Trouble"...and simply thought 

"Hey ho then"

and thats the direction the club seem to be going in...like total..."Meh"

A rudderless wandering, on and offa the pitch, the fans tip up, grumble....Look at 'Boro fans..They booed their team off the other day...

We walk up Penistone poutin', hit over the head for nigh on two decades, bloody punch drunk on platitudes.

I know folk think things will change with a couple of wins, and they lighten up somewhat, but look at the big picture...Its not tiptoein' through tulips is it?

Its dire...

There was a Sunderland fan on 5 live or summat the other night, saying how wonderful it was outside the top division , win a few, enjoying it...

Ring back in 20 years you f.ookin' dimwit, regale us of the joys of it all...bloody idiot!

I can remember all the "Jam tomorrow " promises from years back..Its not even f.ookin' Jam thats promised now...its "Big Trouble"...

and for once...I'm believing them