The pressure is on...

It seems like the players bought season tickets by the way they stand around watching our opponents play like Barcelona without so much as a challenge. They could pay me to back off and never put a challenge in and only mark space. We have to get in other teams faces and look like we want to win.. that would be a nice change.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I wouldn’t bet on it.

Chansiri kept Carlos way past his sell by date (including a humiliation at the hands of the Ched Scrubbers) and I wouldn’t bet against him doing the same with Jos.

He doesn’t strike me as the type of person who likes to admit that he’s got an appointment wrong.

You make a very good point.

And things could have been much worse last season.

We don't know how stubborn Chansiri actually is, because Swansea took Carlos off our hands.

And Chansiri may well do likewise with Jos.

However, even if he remains in post he'd be finished.

The majority of the fans would never forgive him, and we know what effect the defeat in the first derby had on the players because they said so later.

No manager of either Sheffield club could survive a hiding at the hands of the other, and Pep knows that the Blades will never have a better chance of avenging Boxing Day than this.

He went there last time for his first game in charge.

They changed the captain, the walkout music, he called us the Titanic 2 days before and we had more than half the team missing.

Everything was set up for the demolition'

We drew the game and might easily have nicked it late on.

He was cool asfuck under extreme pressure.

Anyway, we play Norwich next so hopefully he's got them concentrating on that game.  A win will change the mood again.  Let's all calm down a bit, eh?

• Like 2

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Suffer a heavy defeat, and he's done.

I'd take that now.

Short term pain for long term gain

The negativity stems from disappointment. After MM saved the club and stabilised us, his sale to a very wealthy owner gave us real hope of a great future. DC injected real money into the transfer budget, but most of it has been wasted. He asked fans to back him by buying inflated season tickets, matchday tickets and increasing box prices to a level which alienated business people.

He has appointed managers who had no experience of English Leagues and it almost worked but almost is not good enough. He now wants fans to keep backing him but admits if we are not promoted this season we are in big trouble. He is out of his depth and I wish I could be optimistic for the future but I can't .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

At the moment I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing tbh. 

Not sure if others feel the same. 

Beyond getting over angry at the crap results. Think last season pretty much wiped out my enthusiasm. 

Completely agree with this.

Just apathy all ways round really.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

The negativity stems from disappointment. After MM saved the club and stabilised us, his sale to a very wealthy owner gave us real hope of a great future. DC injected real money into the transfer budget, but most of it has been wasted. He asked fans to back him by buying inflated season tickets, matchday tickets and increasing box prices to a level which alienated business people.

He has appointed managers who had no experience of English Leagues and it almost worked but almost is not good enough. He now wants fans to keep backing him but admits if we are not promoted this season we are in big trouble. He is out of his depth and I wish I could be optimistic for the future but I can't .

He now wants fans to keep backing him but admits if we are not promoted this season we are in big trouble.

Is that DC as good as admitting that he's made an absolute Mess of running the Football Club ? Personally i think it is. :tango:

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

At the moment I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing tbh. 

Not sure if others feel the same. 

Beyond getting over angry at the crap results. Think last season pretty much wiped out my enthusiasm. 

You won't believe this but I completely agree with you.

26 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

He now wants fans to keep backing him but admits if we are not promoted this season we are in big trouble.

Is that DC as good as admitting that he's made an absolute Mess of running the Football Club ? Personally i think it is. :tango:

And that's about as close to an admission which we're ever going to get.  

2-1 Ken.png

7 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You won't believe this but I completely agree with you.

Have to be honest. 

Truth be told, I think the losses bother me a lot more when we are good (i.e. have a sense of expectation). 

Currently, I don't particularly rate this team and I'm not convinced by this manager. The last week has pretty much reaffirmed what I thought at the start of the season; that we'd be mid-table at best. 

We went into this period of fixtures in 6th, having lost 1 game in 9? A good team would have seized the moment and kicked on. What we have done? Lost three in a row and conceded a shed load of goals in the process. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Have to be honest. 

Truth be told, I think the losses bother me a lot more when we are good (i.e. have a sense of expectation). 

Currently, I don't particularly rate this team and I'm not convinced by this manager. The last week has pretty much reaffirmed what I thought at the start of the season; that we'd be mid-table at best. 

We went into this period of fixtures in 6th, having lost 1 game in 9? A good team would have seized the moment and kicked on. What we have done? Lost three in a row and conceded a shed load of goals in the process. 

You are absolutely correct in this. The team lacks a solid spine, there is a lack of leadership and heads drop far too quickly. I'm also sceptical about the manager but to be fair he's got a lot to contend with. He could help matters though by at least having excellent on the bench because we do have it but choose not to use it. You are also correct about kicking on. How many times have we seen results drop after the international break. It's ridiculous but as a true reg of the squad and management. The quantity of goals conceded is now a real concern especially with the free scoring and full on pressing pigs looming.

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You are absolutely correct in this. The team lacks a solid spine, there is a lack of leadership and heads drop far too quickly. I'm also sceptical about the manager but to be fair he's got a lot to contend with. He could help matters though by at least having excellent on the bench because we do have it but choose not to use it. You are also correct about kicking on. How many times have we seen results drop after the international break. It's ridiculous but as a true reg of the squad and management. The quantity of goals conceded is now a real concern especially with the free scoring and full on pressing pigs looming.

Apologies. Some typos in there. Chuffin typing on phone predictive thingy.

55 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

No need to admit it.

Even the most ardent apologist (even the regulars on here in hiding) can't deny he has well and truly clusterfooked it up.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

No need to admit it.

Even the most ardent apologist (even the regulars on here in hiding) can't deny he has well and truly clusterfooked it up.

Absolutely spot on there with your damning assessment of DC's 3 year tenure of SWFC.:tango:

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Anyway, we play Norwich next so hopefully he's got them concentrating on that game

They have tons of concentrating to do, will i be playing, wonder what system, wonder if he will swap systems for no reason, wonder if i play crap he will keep me on......foook it think i'll be injured, me head hurts lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No need to admit it.

The more positive folk don't generally go missing when we lose and tend to be on here, rain or shine, whatever the result unlike those who tend to revel in negativy and gloat at our failings and who rush out from the shadows following any loss, setback or hint of unrest.

I would guess if anyone you're referring to, I'm not really sure who you might mean, has gone then it might just be because they are sick of all the constant bitching and moaning in here and the shitstirring and trolling to fuel the bad feeling.

I've said it before, I don't get it?  I can't see the point in carrying so much resentment that you can no longer enjoy a  simple victory.  I'd personally just let go, move on and find something more positive in which to channel my energy and enthusiasm.

Instead some folk continue spending vast swathes of time and effort into manipulating bad feeling and anger from their fellow supporters against their chosen foes.  Strange.

The beauty of the written word on these types of platforms is it is very easy to go back and see who posts what and the most fervently about which issues and when.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with huge contrasts of opinion and views, it's what it is here for.  Some contributors though seem to simply exist for the attention they create and crave by channelling the emotions of those more genuinely frustrated but yet to lose the ability to enjoy the good bits that come now and then.

Very, very sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

I'm afraid that if he's out, we'll be in more problems. If there's no money for transfers or loans, there's no money no matter who is in charge. I don't think that any freeze outs are just because Jos doesn't like someone's face, it must be the general atmosphere among the whole squad that is now starting to smell through the small cracks in the surface.

we all know its carlos and chansiri what has got us into this mess but you cant keep a manager who is failing ,his tactics ,completely changing his defence every game ,and his choice of subs,along with not taking fit pro`s when we have kids just out of school on the bench, why no boyd/hutch when they are fit, never mind the westwood debacle .