The pressure is on...

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, he goes to the Lane on the ninth to all intents and purposes with his job in the balance.

Suffer a heavy defeat, and he's done.

I wouldn’t bet on it.

Chansiri kept Carlos way past his sell by date (including a humiliation at the hands of the Ched Scrubbers) and I wouldn’t bet against him doing the same with Jos.

He doesn’t strike me as the type of person who likes to admit that he’s got an appointment wrong.

40 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If nothing else, Chansiri shows loyalty to his appointments. He also knows far more than we do about the problems behind the scenes. It will take more than fan power to dislodge Jos.

Loyalty or not wanting to admit he appointed the wrong person

either way it was misguided was for a long time as far as CC went, hopefully he will see the problem for what it is this time and deal with it in a timely fashion

29 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Chickens are certainly coming home to roost.

As attendences drop leading up to Xmas the Chairman will have to start taking a long hard look at his performance.

Agreed.

He might be happy watching any old rubbish but I get the feeling that more and more fans are starting to get fed up at paying some of the most expensive ticket prices in the league to watch what was served up last season and this.

Is the pressure on him? 

Is the constant changing (meddling) of personnel, tactics, formation etc due to a man being under pressure or is quite the opposite? 

Part of me suspects it's the latter. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely don't believe it will be like that
I think instead it will be a quiet disappointment and subdued rather than anger or boos etc

At the moment I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing tbh. 

Not sure if others feel the same. 

Beyond getting over angry at the crap results. Think last season pretty much wiped out my enthusiasm. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Is the pressure on him? 

Is the constant changing (meddling) of personnel, tactics, formation etc due to a man being under pressure or is quite the opposite? 

Part of me suspects it's the latter. 

I believe personally that he's just trying his best

I don't think pressure is playing any part in his selections - only availability and the opponent's we are playing

Owlstalk Shop

Without being overly pessimistic, difficult to see us getting anything from the next 3 games and a defeat against the blunts could be decisive in many minds.

After which we have a run of winnable games through to Boro on boxing day.

4, 5 or even 6 defeats on the bounce, leaving us well and truly in the bottom half will be too much for Jos to recover from I would think and DC will have to act, probably with the backing of most fans.

Don't think he is as close to Jos as he was with CC and will have learned from last time to be more decisive.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that but if  I were a betting man....

Edited by striker

I often wonder if football managers really feel pressure anymore. I am not aiming this accusation at JL but I totally think that many of them cannot care less whether they stay in a job or not. They know that they are doing a job where you can go from hero to zero overnight and the sack is just part of their existence and expectations. Just another aspect of the vile, money dominated world of modern football.

52 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Lose 3 on the bounce, any manager at any club anywhere these days and it starts kicking off.

Anyone who kicked off previously to then see things improve will naturally scream louder as they now feel vindicated for screaming like a baby last time.

It becomes a toxic cycle and it is very unlikely to be fixed quickly by booting Jos and bringing someone else in to work miracles under the same conditions.

A win on Saturday will hopefully calm everyone down a bit ahead of a victory the week after at our rivals.

Agreed.  The negativity really seems to be amplified here, though - and I don't think it's all stems from anger over the ticket prices.  I think it's been a staple for years.

26 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

To be fair though this team on paper is excellent and the youth talent coming through is tremendous. We don't need loans we don't need anymore players. We need a tremendous player motivator who will give the players what they need but also sometimes a kiss up the ass they need as well 

This team is excellent?  And even the best youth products are going to have off days or down patches.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I believe personally that he's just trying his best

I don't think pressure is playing any part in his selections - only availability and the opponent's we are playing

I agree, he doesn't strike me as a person who would change things under pressure. He clearly has been avoiding a permanent squad or formation and some managers just do that instead of going 442 any day. Could be that the players are just not (yet) used to it.

I'm sure his being a foreigner makes these things easier for him to do because he doesn't have the English mindset regarding football. That being said, it would be very interesting to see which players he would bring in if he had the chance.

• Like 1

The wins have been by a one goal margin, and not deceive enough to think we can turn them out regularly.

The players are fragile, particularly the defence and we need leadership and a stable line up to suit the players attributes and pattern of play - quickly. Stop forcing round pegs into square holes - we aren't in pre-season experimental phase.

We don't want to get to a point where we start saying we need wins, because this currently means scoring two per game, and the pressure will be increased. 

Jos needs to earn his salary quickly and show the fans, and presumably the owner that he has a plan with the players available. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Is it? Can't say I've noticed any pressure ... other than what the fans are trying to create, but then again, they would, wouldn't they? 

And have a right to, given promises made and the cost we are paying to watch our beloved club struggling with seemingly no direction in any department.

I’ve kept faith with Jos because he has a strong track record ( obviously not in the craziest league on the planet) and in terms of personal he hasn’t been able  to add his own players.

However, many of our players would walk into most of the championship teams in an instant... and that right there is my issue with Jos!

All players can lose form and  ( just like any human being) can lose motivation and direction. 

That right there is where he is failing imo. 

For many ( not me ) the biggest game of the season is almost upon us. 

DC should recognise from CC’s failure in the derby that this can re energise belief throughout the club or destroy it! 

This is an opportunity to lift moral .

For the sake of the club I hope  Jos has done more than player, tactic,  formation research for the derby.

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

At the moment I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing tbh. 

Not sure if others feel the same. 

Beyond getting over angry at the crap results. Think last season pretty much wiped out my enthusiasm. 

I've tempered my expectations and now am enjoying the squad for what it is.  Bannan's midfield artistry and youth being served.

Anything else is just gravy.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely don't believe it will be like that
I think instead it will be a quiet disappointment and subdued rather than anger or boos etc

Apathy would be a more fitting description but it's absolutely bang on in your summing up of the mood at present.:tango: