Colin

5 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Wilder hasn't even done it once with one club and promotion is still several months away if they are still there at the end who knows . Colin has avoided relegation with a club who looked finished and got promotion with several different clubs and players . Wilder is no Colin yet . Given that I would take either no matter their allegiance . 

Chris Wilder been a success at all clubs he managed. Alfreton, Oxford, Northampton and now Sheff U.

Still a mardy git but think he is one of best managers working outside top division

3 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Wilder hasn't even done it once with one club and promotion is still several months away if they are still there at the end who knows . Colin has avoided relegation with a club who looked finished and got promotion with several different clubs and players . Wilder is no Colin yet . Given that I would take either no matter their allegiance . 

One is almost 70, the other is 51, also he avoided relegation to the Conference with Northampton and then won promotion the next season, a bit like a younger Warnock don’t you think?

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Imagine the riot it would have caused in the car park had Colin got us into the PL, after McCabe had rejected him...

That's no doubt what the nasal one had in mind, but sadly some of our fans couldn't see it.

An opportunity lost, no question.

Not our carpark though 

16 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

One is almost 70, the other is 51, also he avoided relegation to the Conference with Northampton and then won promotion the next season, a bit like a younger Warnock don’t you think?

I'm not saying you're wrong , maybe came across wrong . My point is just that at championship level Colin is tried and tested , wilder is undoubtedly doing a great job over the last season and a bit but time will tell if wilder makes the championship his own or even ( shudders ) the prem because as you say he has nineteen years on Warnock . Like I said I am basing it purely on championship level .

Edited by cross owl

Name any other manager that has 8 promotions under their belt including 4 to the top flight and more importantly the 4 top flight promotions were all with different clubs. Whatever you might think of him there simply is no one better qualified to do the job, the question is do we really want top flight football back at Hillsborough?

14 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Name any other manager that has 8 promotions under their belt including 4 to the top flight and more importantly the 4 top flight promotions were all with different clubs. Whatever you might think of him there simply is no one better qualified to do the job, the question is do we really want top flight football back at Hillsborough?

They cant. There isnt one

46 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Who needs promotion eh

Colin is 1 man over the last 10 years who has gained promotion from this league. 

3 managers get promotion each season.....

Why does it have to be Colin? The guy is vile!!! 

He was calling for Hudds to beat us in the Play Off's. 

Edited by CF83OWL

With Mandy in charge it wouldn't happen cos Mandy knew the history and the potential backlash etc...

With DC in charge it's possible. He wouldn't have a clue who Colin is so would probably treat him the same as any other candidate 

17 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Colin is 1 man over the last 10 years who has gained promotion from this league. 

3 managers get promotion each season.....

Why does it have to be Colin? The guy is vile!!! 

He was calling for Hudds to beat us in the Play Off's

Of course he was. You get behind the pigs when they get into the playoffs do you? Obviously not. 

I personally think he'd love to manage us and stick it to the element of our fan base that hates him.

I remember a few years ago when there were rumours of him being interviewed, it split the fan base right down the middle and I've never seen Owlstalk so divided. The 'Warnock in' and 'no thanks' camps were at it for weeks, it was like a civil war. For that reason, as much as I've always liked him, I'd have to say no.