Colin

He’s got the championship in his back pocket, can get results in this league with any club and any set of players. He squeezes the absolute maximum out of what he has at his disposal. The foreign nobody hasn’t worked at all for us, need someone who knows English football inside out and he fits the bill. 

I’ve known him for over 50 years, and still wouldn’t have a clue if he’d accept or wet himself laughing. To be honest I rate Wilder a lot higher, other than for having a face that reminds me of a bulldog chewing a wasp, he has a way of motivating average players into Championship leaders, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I for one wish that he was an Owl.

Edited by optimisticowl

I think Colin has mellowed in recent years. Used to be calm and relatively honest with the local media, who were his on going bread and butter and then rage when he got a chance to speak to the national media.

Now he seems more mellow, calm and honest with the national press as well.

Nothing to do with the question asked, but perhaps his 'anyone but Wednesday' stance was just an act too.

We've had 34 seasons out of the top flight since 1970.   That's a long time.

Warnock has got 4 clubs into the top division.  None are giants.

Notts Co QPR Shef U and Cardiff.

He even took Scarboro into the football lge.

I would have welcomed him.

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Mandy wanted him, a section of our fan base didn't.

In retrospect, should we have taken him?

These threads remind me of those hamster wheels. Pointless and never fizz*Ng stops.

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Well, I guess we're in a "where did it all go wrong?" frame of mind. 

But come on. It doesn't matter how bad the situation is, how can anyone associated that animal with SWFC. 

5 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

But come on. It doesn't matter how bad the situation is, how can anyone associated that animal with SWFC. 

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I would rather stay down than go up with that nasty piece of work

I think Colin is a nasty piece of work, which is why he's successful.

He's also a ruthless professional who wanted to use us as a means of settling old scores with McCabe.

That's how much of a Blade he is.

He knew full well how much it would have sickened their fans if he'd got us up.

The man's a mercenary, like they all are.

He might have been laughing and giggling with Giddings and co' at the time, but I never doubted what his agenda was.

I don't like him, and I didn't like the way he behaved in that game last season when Cardiff lost.

But that's what it is.

3 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

I’ve known him for over 50 years, and still wouldn’t have a clue if he’d accept or wet himself laughing. To be honest I rate Wilder a lot higher, other than for having a face that reminds me of a bulldog chewing a wasp, he has a way of motivating average players into Championship leaders, he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I for one wish that he was an Owl.

Wilder hasn't even done it once with one club and promotion is still several months away if they are still there at the end who knows . Colin has avoided relegation with a club who looked finished and got promotion with several different clubs and players . Wilder is no Colin yet . Given that I would take either no matter their allegiance . 

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I remember hearing Colin talking about the job offer on the radio.

It was the reaction of a section of our fan base which scared Mandy off.

I remember one Owls fan ringing up Football Heaven and saying that the sight of Colin made him feel physically sick.

He has that effect on most people, but it's not a beauty contest. lol

Watching some of our pathetic performances has the same effect on me.