Colin

34 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

No he didn't, that's just paper and local media talk

No it wasn't, it was a real possibility but some of our blinkered fanbase put paid to our chance of getting out of this league.

United fans weren't complaining when Quinn, Bromby and Geary were their 3 main players when they got promoted so i don't see why we shouldn't be professional and see beyond all this petty, immature hatred.

There were times when i didn't like the man but i don't half admire his record and the game of football is a far more interesting arena with characters like Colin.

Yes, even the battle of Bramall Lane included 

:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Didn't Colin himself say that they talked and decided against it, due to his connections with the grunts.

20 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Colin wanted the job, but Mandy was concerned about attendances.

So they agreed that it was a non-starter.

14 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I remember hearing Colin talking about the job offer on the radio.

It was the reaction of a section of our fan base which scared Mandy off.

I remember one Owls fan ringing up Football Heaven and saying that the sight of Colin made him feel physically sick.

He has that effect on most people, but it's not a beauty contest. lol

MM and Colin did speak about the possibility and it would have happened without all the vitriole.

At the time it was split 50/50 so Milan and Colin considered it was better to leave it alone.

He's since gone on to have even more success.

Compare the Cardiff side he got promoted to any of the teams at the start of last season and consider what he could have done with the players at his disposal here.

And some still put their personal feelings ahead of the success of Sheffield Wednesdsy football club.

Just wow!

1 hour ago, owls_wawaw said:

Absolutely yes it's about time this club and fans got of their hi horse and realise we will only get out of this league with someone who has been there and done it. Him Steve Bruce would all be top candidates for me also jokanovic from Fulham would be a fantastic appointment

They were talking about jokanovic on the radio and how Fulham have conceded the most goals, 28. Saying how he's become a manager who sets up his side to defend and its obviously not working

15 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

No it wasn't, it was a real possibility but some of our blinkered fanbase put paid to our chance of getting out of this league.

United fans weren't complaining when Quinn, Bromby and Geary were their 3 main players when they got promoted so i don't see why we shouldn't be professional and see beyond all this petty, immature hatred.

There were times when i didn't like the man but i don't half admire his record and the game of football is a far more interesting arena with characters like Colin.

Yes, even the battle of Bramall Lane included 

:ph34r:

MM and Colin did speak about the possibility and it would have happened without all the vitriole.

At the time it was split 50/50 so Milan and Colin considered it was better to leave it alone.

He's since gone on to have even more success.

Compare the Cardiff side he got promoted to any of the teams at the start of last season and consider what he could have done with the players at his disposal here.

And some still put their personal feelings ahead of the success of Sheffield Wednesdsy football club.

Just wow!

Not to mention the statue of a Wednesday legend in their car park

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

How many years have we been out of the prem? around 19 is it ?

Tricky one this conundrum 

That is beyond scary.

I was a kid in the wonderful 83-84 season and the media kept going on about the fact that SWFC were back in the big time for the first time in 14 years.

That to me at the time seemed as far away as World War II.

19 years FFS!!!!!

Nearly half of my life, how the chuff did that happen?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

That is beyond scary.

I was a kid in the wonderful 83-84 season and the media kept going on about the fact that SWFC were back in the big time for the first time in 14 years.

That to me at the time seemed as far away as World War II.

19 years FFS!!!!!

Nearly half of my life, how the chuff did that happen?

33 years out of the top flight + 1 

But we are fussy who gets us up there 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Warnock would have split the fan base too much.

Cant help smile at thought of him being Wednesday manager stood on touchline with all the SWFC gear on at Bramall Lane next week. 

Yep would have been classic that one! 

Although I think the fan base is already split 

Im going to hate my self for this but if Cardiff get rid of him .. I would personally drive to Wales pick him up and bring him to Hillsborough. I can't stand the man, however he's got personally, he's a character and his record in the championship is unbelievable. I believe we would stand a better chance of going up with him than we do with Jos.....

Or he would run us in to the ground and id look back at this post feeling rather silly. 

:goalie:

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
21 minutes ago, the monk said:

How many years have we been out of the prem? around 19 is it ?

Tricky one this conundrum 

Not everything regarding swfc revolves around getting to the premiership. I think you would be rather surprised at the amount of fans who ain't that bothered.

5 minutes ago, the monk said:

33 years out of the top flight + 1 

But we are fussy who gets us up there 

Ridiculous isn't it?

We all know he is an abrasive character but its calculated and deliberate to create a certain atmosphere that he can work to his and his clubs advantage.

If we can't see that as fans just because of petty rivalry there is no hope for us.

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Warnock would have split the fan base too much.

Cant help smile at thought of him being Wednesday manager stood on touchline with all the SWFC gear on at Bramall Lane next week. 

An absolute dream scenario for the media that one, on a par with anything ever seen in the Championship i think.

As has already said, the fanbase is already split so can't see how a successful manager could have any more of a detrimental impact.