Tom Lees

should be embarrassed of the season he's having

club captain and ants are better leaders

over 200 championship appearances and thornily is making him look sunday league

got til Christmas for me or I be selling him to highest bidder

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

So in one breath you say how awful he is, and in the next you expect a bidding war for him? 

cant see to many clubs after him atm ,chuck nuhiu abdi jones and Boyd in the deal and we'll be lucky to get a million at this rate

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

He’s an old fashioned centre half and he’s been asked to do something he can’t and is uncomfortable doing, as a result his confidence is shot to sh*t. Let’s not forget footballers are only human not robots

tackling and marking are standard requirements for a centre half old fansioned or not

Edited by WelshOwl74

7 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

His downfall is a testimony to Jos’s genius.

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

tackling and marking are standard requirements for a centre half old fansioned or not

He was part of a defence that recorded a clean sheet record twice, and reached two playoffs 

Tom Lees is the least of our worries

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

He was part of a defence that recorded a clean sheet record twice, and reached two playoffs 

Tom Lees is the least of our worries

2 seasons ago ,times move on,teams get better (bar Wednesday) ,lees is well past the level required now .loovrns held lees hand for seasons and its only just clicked on him now that he needs to step up.

how is lees not a worry when he's the leader of a back 4/5 that has no clean sheets in 15 matches?

9 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

2 seasons ago ,times move on,teams get better (bar Wednesday) ,lees is well past the level required now .loovrns held lees hand for seasons and its only just clicked on him now that he needs to step up.

how is lees not a worry when he's the leader of a back 4/5 that has no clean sheets in 15 matches?

If Jos picked our best keeper and stopped p!ss arsing about with the formations and personnel every game we might have a chance

30 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

His downfall is a testimony to Jos’s genius.

That's just testicles and you know it.

He was poor under Carlos too.

The factor in both is he doesn't have a leader alongside him. He needs a Loovens to play well. Someone to shout for him whilst he just plays.

53 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Is this the guy who is valued on here at £10/15m+ and better than Harry Maguire? 

I find it hillarious when people say “his game has gone down hill since Loovens left”.

We aren’t talking about some 19 year old defender here, he’s a senior pro and club captain!!

If he can’t play without an older more experienced defender next to him then that is utterly pathetic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I find it hillarious when people say “his game has gone down hill since Loovens left”.

We aren’t talking about some 19 year old defender here, he’s a senior pro and club captain!!

If he can’t play without an older more experienced defender next to him then that is utterly pathetic.

It's true though.

4 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

It was starting to become obvious in the 2-4 derby, when him and van aken got run ragged. Its clear now how important Loovens was to our club and defense.

In the last 2 seasons, Loovens has played 32 games for Wednesday and Sunderland. Only 7 of them resulted in clean sheets and he got sent off after an hour of one of those.

There can be no doubt we did the right thing letting him go. 

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

In the last 2 seasons, Loovens has played 32 games for Wednesday and Sunderland. Only 7 of them resulted in clean sheets and he got sent off after an hour of one of those.

There can be no doubt we did the right thing letting him go. 

Yup he didn't play many games for us last season, hence why we did so badly. When he did play more, we did better: the two play off seasons. His influence as captain wasn't represented in his personal stats.