The money we've spent!

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Hey, I'm not criticising the partnership stance. But anyone that tries to pipe up and say it's the money DC alone has wasted is talking out of a usually-hidden orifice. Like you say, a partnership. When we lose, we lose hard... both fans and owner. 

I remember two years ago complaining of our aging recruitment policy and trying to explain to people that we were wasting money. The number of people that responded with "Who cares, it's his money not mine"... it was like trying to explain something to a particularly stubborn brick wall. Well, like you say, it's a partnership...  and for every match we continue to pay the top 10% of prices in this league while getting average Championship football in return is a loss for both fans and DC. Until either the numbers in the pricing table come down or we push to the top end of the table I think all involved should be very disappointed and lament the series of decisions that have led us to this position. 

I too was saying the same about the recruitment and got the same result, I said it would all and in tears, from the 1st season, we kept on buying ageing attacking players and neglecting the defence.

I do blame Mr Chansiri, but for being naïve at the tine and allowing himself to be milked by people who conned him.

All that is in the past, we have said players on long contracts, high earners and injury prone, but we are still contracted to pay them for the duration of their contracts.

It's like the time with Sibon, DeBillde, Jonk, Hinchlife, the two Scottish players, it seem's we never learn from past errors.

The great irony is we've spent substantive amounts of money on players and yet the team put out yesterday contained a handful of players to which an actual fee was paid.

There can't be another club in the league with such an expensive *fringe* side. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yeah really...your post had nothing to do with the topic of conversation!! It was a quick excuse for you jump down someone’s throat....give it a rest!! 

? Jump down someone's throat ?  really ?

Which generation where you brought up in ?  lol

what's your problem pal ? I mention people should just not slate our Chairman off on what was a bad day for him personally..

I'd be happy to do that any other time, and have.... but have a bit of bloody respect.

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

? Jump down someone's throat ?  really ?

Which generation where you brought up in ?  lol

what's your problem pal ? I mention people should just not slate our Chairman off on what was a bad day for him personally..

I'd be happy to do that any other time, and have.... but have a bit of bloody respect.

Theres a proper thread in the “non SWFC news” to pay respects...and if you read through them you will see that’s ive more than paid my respects. I just don’t see why you’d use it in another thread when it’s a pointless comment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Theres a proper thread in the “non SWFC news” to pay respects...and if you read through them you will see that’s ive more than paid my respects. I just don’t see why you’d use it in another thread when it’s a pointless comment. 

You question reading through things correctly... yes ?

Read what I put. I'm talking about people slagging OUR Chairman off, a few hours after he'd lost a mate.
Doesn't take much common decency to just leave DC out of the firing line for at least 24 hours... now does it ?

Anyhow, what's said is said.

All the best to you, I'm sure you're a respectful  person, like you said.

UTO, and all that

On 28/10/2018 at 11:33, adelphi1867 said:

I too was saying the same about the recruitment and got the same result, I said it would all and in tears, from the 1st season, we kept on buying ageing attacking players and neglecting the defence.

I do blame Mr Chansiri, but for being naïve at the tine and allowing himself to be milked by people who conned him.

All that is in the past, we have said players on long contracts, high earners and injury prone, but we are still contracted to pay them for the duration of their contracts.

It's like the time with Sibon, DeBillde, Jonk, Hinchlife, the two Scottish players, it seem's we never learn from past errors.

I remember having a similar conversation at the time. Slightly different angle though - ours was more "what are we going to do with all these players that aren't good enough for the Prem when we get promoted?"

Seems a long while ago now.

On 28/10/2018 at 09:23, robowl4life said:

All that money spent and had a bench full of youngsters. 

Most of it it seems to have been spunked on crocs.

Shoe.png.3b81fedf5e64a4cb8ed00ea164442c35.png

At least they will wipe down nice and easily. Just a bit of warm water & soap and any nasty residue's will be gone.

Edited by hasthagotanycheese
error
  • Haha 1

On 28/10/2018 at 11:15, adelphi1867 said:

But Mr Chansiri said from the start, that it would be a partnership between himself AND the fans.

I am a Pensioner, 68 yrs young, and I get my S/T for £ 250:00 very similar to the 'old' guys at the lane.

They get it at 60 though don't they?