Time for a poll

Why do Owls fans always look for negatives when considering changing the manager?.

EXAMPLES:

1. Who could do a better job?.

2. Who else would take the job?.

3. We can't afford a new manager.

4. Current man will come good give him a little more time.

ANSWERS: 

Plenty of people could do a better job.

Plenty of managers would love to manage SWFC.

We have a rich owner.

The current man never comes good once they've proven they can't do it.

GO BRITISH - GO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP -  GO Mick McCarthy. [should have been the first choice all along after Carlost.

3 hours ago, markg said:

Typical of our fans to waste energy moaning about the manager. He could be doing better but surely he isn't the issue here. Look at our squad and what we are paying for tickets etc.

Yes because it was high ticket prices that caused us to play like blind men for the second half on Saturday. It was the “ injured” players fault we tackled like Fanny’s at QPR. He may not have his best players available but his half time team talk and subs at Birmingham we’re the main reason we got tw@ted not the bloody ticket prices

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Yes because it was high ticket prices that caused us to play like blind men for the second half on Saturday. It was the “ injured” players fault we tackled like Fanny’s at QPR. He may not have his best players available but his half time team talk and subs at Birmingham we’re the main reason we got tw@ted not the bloody ticket prices

It could have been playing on their minds though?

Nervous expectation ?

Like the very first time you popped your cherry ...

Fear of failure ....

Letting your paying public down?

Nah we were just garbage ....

They still got paid ....

We still got ripped off ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Owl_80 said:

Why do Owls fans always look for negatives when considering changing the manager?.

EXAMPLES:

1. Who could do a better job?.

2. Who else would take the job?.

3. We can't afford a new manager.

4. Current man will come good give him a little more time.

ANSWERS: 

Plenty of people could do a better job. If it wasn't for our financial position.

Plenty of managers would love to manage SWFC. If it wasn't for our financial position.

We have a rich owner. Who is not allowed to invest any more of his money due to P&S restrictions.

The current man never comes good once they've proven they can't do it.

GO BRITISH - GO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP -  GO Mick McCarthy. [should have been the first choice all along after Carlost.

I'm on the fence. I haven't thought about "Jos Out" until this very second, so let me ramble.

If Mick McCarthy came in, obviously he'd bring Jones, Boyd, Westwood, Hutchinson etc...back into the lineup.

Player's who've had it, playing with a promise of another years contract? I don't want that. I really don't.

So what do I want? A manager who will change the ethos of the club, having young players playing for contracts, putting the work in on the training ground.

And what I want, is basically what Jos is doing - SO JOS IN!

Back him. He speaks sense, we'll clear the deadwood out in the summer and then he'll have more freedom to stamp his mark.

Edited by bigash_swfc

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

It could have been playing on their minds though?

Nervous expectation ?

Like the very first time you popped your cherry ...

Fear of failure ....

Letting your paying public down?

Nah we were just garbage ....

They still got paid ....

We still got ripped off ......

Thats it!

Everytime they trot out I think

"gonna get f.ooked"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I'm on the fence. I haven't thought about "Jos Out" until this very second, so let me ramble.

If Mick McCarthy came in, obviously he'd bring Jones, Boyd, Westwood, Hutchinson etc...back into the lineup.

Player's who've had it, playing with a promise of another years contract? I don't want that. I really don't.

So what do I want? A manager who will change the ethos of the club, having young players playing for contracts, putting the work in on the training ground.

And what I want, is basically what Jos is doing - SO JOS IN!

Back him. He speaks sense, we'll clear the deadwood out in the summer and then he'll have more freedom to stamp his mark.

In any sport, you have to get the basics right.

In rugby for example it's find touch, get the lineout right, the breakdown etc.

New Zealand have some brilliant players who play brilliant rugby, but they are also exceedingly good at the bread and butter aspects of the game.

The first thing any manager has to do, additionally, is get the best out of the players he has.

Jos isn't doing that, nor is he getting the fundamentals right.

He doesn't seem to realize what most fans do, namely that we're simply not good enough to implement his ethos.

The Blades will simply press us high up the pitch, pressurize young butter fingers, and wait for us to make a mistake.

When we do "bang!", and the floodgates will duly open.

Old Six Fingers would come in and scrap that instantly.

He'd take one look at our defenders' technical capabilities and scrap it immediately.

Arsenal didn't concede 13 goals in a season by having a kick around at the back...

Our older players have simply been frozen out by the manager.

They're the same players who got us to two play offs, let's not forget.

I'm not saying don't introduce youth, but it has to be done selectively.

We're not strong enough to be able to rely purely on youth, and young players can't play a full season.

I rate "Kemmy", but by the time Jos has done with him his confidence will be in tatters and he won't be fit for a pig to grin at.

So, pending the expected thrashing chez Tufty, it's Mick in.

29 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In any sport, you have to get the basics right.

In rugby for example it's find touch, get the lineout right, the breakdown etc.

New Zealand have some brilliant players who play brilliant rugby, but they are also exceedingly good at the bread and butter aspects of the game.

The first thing any manager has to do, additionally, is get the best out of the players he has.

Jos isn't doing that, nor is he getting the fundamentals right.

He doesn't seem to realize what most fans do, namely that we're simply not good enough to implement his ethos.

The Blades will simply press us high up the pitch, pressurize young butter fingers, and wait for us to make a mistake.

When we do "bang!", and the floodgates will duly open.

Old Six Fingers would come in and scrap that instantly.

He'd take one look at our defenders' technical capabilities and scrap it immediately.

Arsenal didn't concede 13 goals in a season by having a kick around at the back...

Our older players have simply been frozen out by the manager.

They're the same players who got us to two play offs, let's not forget.

I'm not saying don't introduce youth, but it has to be done selectively.

We're not strong enough to be able to rely purely on youth, and young players can't play a full season.

I rate "Kemmy", but by the time Jos has done with him his confidence will be in tatters and he won't be fit for a pig to grin at.

So, pending the expected thrashing chez Tufty, it's Mick in.

Could be quite afew dynamics to what fans actually want...

Instant success vs. benefiting long term.

Writing this season off, for a better next season. Impatient fans or more so paying fans don't want to hear.

I agree we'd have more success pressuring high up the pitch, although we haven't got the players to do it.

Forestieri - Matias - Lee - Winnall - Abdi - Hooper etc...and then if we wanted Onomah to push forward, we'd probably have to sit Bannan very deep, where his defensive ability is non existant. 

I don't see anything other than a defeat against that lot, which is sad but yet again, we're in dire need of a squad overhaul. Sometimes you just can't introduce players selectively, it's forced up on you. Sink or swim....and they'll be alot swimming next season.

24 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Could be quite afew dynamics to what fans actually want...

Instant success vs. benefiting long term.

Writing this season off, for a better next season. Impatient fans or more so paying fans don't want to hear.

I agree we'd have more success pressuring high up the pitch, although we haven't got the players to do it.

Forestieri - Matias - Lee - Winnall - Abdi - Hooper etc...and then if we wanted Onomah to push forward, we'd probably have to sit Bannan very deep, where his defensive ability is non existant. 

I don't see anything other than a defeat against that lot, which is sad but yet again, we're in dire need of a squad overhaul. Sometimes you just can't introduce players selectively, it's forced up on you. Sink or swim....and they'll be alot swimming next season.

Good points.

I see things thus.

At the moment we are a team which possesses very talented forwards, amongst the best in the division, but as we go ever further back through the team the quality of the players diminishes.

Top six strike force, bottom six defence.

So what to do?

We know that in the summer at least some of our strikers will be sold for financial reasons, so for them (and us) it's the last hurrah.

Bearing this in mind, what we currently require is someone who can stop us conceding goals.

If it has to be two banks of four, time-wasting, spoiling tactics and the like, so be it.

Because the good news is that we don't have to create 20 chances to score two goals.

We were absolutely mullered in that first derby, but we only lost in real terms 2-0, and we have the players to get goals out of nothing.

United don't, which is one of the reasons they play the way they do.

So this season isn't a write-off yet, but it will be if Jos continues to implement totaalvoetbal at the back.

That's why I favour McCarthy at this present juncture.

He'd make us as ornery as Ipswich, but with a much better strike force.

I wouldn't necessarily always favour him, but he's the man for the job given the current circumstances.

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

No need for the sarcastic tone is there? I went to qpr and Birmingham so was as frustrated as anyone. I get your point. Mine was that we can blame the manager and even replace him but we will be very quickly back to the same problems