If the Chairman agreed.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Acknowledging mistakes have been made DC seems to have genuinly taken the club on as a fan and invested many millions, not sure why the level of animosity  towards him, particularly considering previous custodians.

Ok we're in a pickle with FFP, but this stems from DC actually spending money.

For all Mandaric did and do think he was good for the club, he didn't really spend any money, taking on loans to run the club and minimal transfer spend.

Dave Allen...enough said

Dave Richards et al, who asset stripped and used the club to further their own agendas.

Compared with these and some current owners at ither clubs, aware i may need my tin hat on standby,  I'm happy with DC and in no rush to see him leave 

I'll say again I desperately want Mr Chansiri to succeed  we will all as fans love it 

but in my opinion

basic misunderstanding of what he bought and where he bought it 

alienating all previously loyal business and commercial supporters 

pricing out POTD fans 

messing with the kit price, design and delivery 

getting involved with blood sucking agencies 

club employees leaving 

judging where we are now with a virtual promotion side out through injury or other reasons

self admitted impending doom  via P&S penalties

a struggling manager 

decreasing home attendance

80m down the swanny are we better off even in league position than we were when MM left ?

yep you're right can't see why people are so critical 

38 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Be careful what you wish for

That's the thing, isn't it?

I remember, not so long ago in recent history, when we didn't have a pot to wee wee in. All we could afford to recruit were cast offs. Players were paying their own transport costs to away games. Bills weren't being paid. And finally, inevitably, the winding up order and a great footballing institution being 10 minutes away from extinction. And I never, ever want to go back to that era.

So, while he may have his faults, I wouldn't rush to throw Chansiri overboard. Unlike some, he hasn't pillaged the club or broken it up and sold the pieces to mysterious offshore trusts. He hasn't been an absentee owner. I believe that he genuinely cares for the club but that through inexperience and poor advice he has made some serious mistakes. I just hope that he has learned from those mistakes.

Guest Bulgaria
16 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I think the fact he can afford to buy a football club is enough proof he’s a good businessman?

How's about the bloke I know who was left stacks of cash due to rich relative's but didn't have a clue how to invest it because he knew nowt about business?

Guest Bulgaria
54 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Be careful what you wish for, if Assem Allam sells Hull he will be looking for another club to asset strip. :rolleyes:

We have assets?

56 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Be careful what you wish for, if Assem Allam sells Hull he will be looking for another club to asset strip. :rolleyes:

Incompetent owners seem to be increasing is number. It’s time the FA stepped in here and gave more power to the supporters. Clubs are getting trashed. 

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's the thing, isn't it?

I remember, not so long ago in recent history, when we didn't have a pot to wee wee in. All we could afford to recruit were cast offs. Players were paying their own transport costs to away games. Bills weren't being paid. And finally, inevitably, the winding up order and a great footballing institution being 10 minutes away from extinction. And I never, ever want to go back to that era.

So, while he may have his faults, I wouldn't rush to throw Chansiri overboard. Unlike some, he hasn't pillaged the club or broken it up and sold the pieces to mysterious offshore trusts. He hasn't been an absentee owner. I believe that he genuinely cares for the club but that through inexperience and poor advice he has made some serious mistakes. I just hope that he has learned from those mistakes.

I agree.  It's with noting however that he can't be thrown overboard.... he's the owner. 

57 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Incompetent owners seem to be increasing is number. It’s time the FA stepped in here and gave more power to the supporters. Clubs are getting trashed. 

They are getting trashed.  You're right.  However the solution of giving power to the supporters is a non-starter.  Look at the debates on here!!!  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

IF and it's a big if, I was to win the Millions on the Lottery, the very last thing I would spend it on is a Football club.

I would, it's a simple game. I would get a manager who knew a bit about football. Spend big on young players, pay as you play for old un's..l prem in two years...simple

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

They are getting trashed.  You're right.  However the solution of giving power to the supporters is a non-starter.  Look at the debates on here!!!  

Germany seems to make a decent go of it. Right now each club is one dodgy owner away from being fizzed over, and it will only get worse as the PL bonanza gets higher. 

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t really know why any new owner would take us on to be honest 

How would Chansiri sell it? “Yeah I spent millions and millions on the club and couldn’t get it up, but you might be able to”

Any potential owner who employs people with the slightest knowledge of football will know that DC has made a testicles of it and will probably fancy they can do it better. 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

So you’re saying he’s totally immune from criticism because he’s not playing? 

I would say it depends what he's being criticised for, if it's for his naivety in accepting poor advice and his sometimes poor financial decisions fair enough.

If he's being criticised for players mistakes/poor performances then he shouldn't be held accountable.