If the Chairman agreed.

9 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Its not that easy to sell a club though. Everyone seems to think we'll have investors queuing around the corner to buy us, but the harsh truth is, is that we won't, and those that do we should be wary of.

We're in FFP trouble and look likely to lose some of our assets which means any new owner is going to have to invest more money. 

Now here's the tricky part. It can go two ways. You can get an owner that really cares for the club like we already have or you can get someone like Ashley, who just wants to make money. They'll get us up only to pocket the rewards and have us yoyo-ing between the leagues or worse. With Chansiri's lack of knowledge about football, I really wouldn't expect him to make the best decision with who to sell the club to.

He's our owner and he has done a lot of good for us. Some of us need to remember that. It could be a lot worse. For all of our sakes we've gotta stick together and help him right his wrongs and become a better businessman.

Businessmen get their name from making money from business. For SWFC that would mean asset stripping getting money in then making us bankrupt and putting us into administration. That is what a shrewd person would do. Its happened to countless businesses and goes on all the time. Nobody wanting to make a club successful and make money would buy a club like wednesday. Infact 95 % of clubs make a loss. Gambling on getting in the premiere is never profitable. 

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Reality is we’re not going to be in the Premier League in the next few years. We need to get the fans back onside and all supporting the club.

I’ve had enough of has-beens pocketing 30k a week, gold and silver memberships, £42 POTG in the Kop and dropping fans favourites with no explanation.

The club needs some fresh impetus and I don’t see either Chansiri or Jos as the men to bring it.

FFP means the clubs plan has to change from 3 seasons ago. Until the 30k has beens are not with us DC hands are tied, something he has deffo learnt is not to be in this position again with highly paid players never fit on long contracts. When the wage bill is trimmed things like prices and future plans need sorting. This season is not yet a write off. P and S will show DC has to come up with other options than throwing money at it.

24 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Its not that easy to sell a club though. Everyone seems to think we'll have investors queuing around the corner to buy us, but the harsh truth is, is that we won't, and those that do we should be wary of.

We're in FFP trouble and look likely to lose some of our assets which means any new owner is going to have to invest more money. 

Now here's the tricky part. It can go two ways. You can get an owner that really cares for the club like we already have or you can get someone like Ashley, who just wants to make money. They'll get us up only to pocket the rewards and have us yoyo-ing between the leagues or worse. With Chansiri's lack of knowledge about football, I really wouldn't expect him to make the best decision with who to sell the club to.

He's our owner and he has done a lot of good for us. Some of us need to remember that. It could be a lot worse. For all of our sakes we've gotta stick together and help him right his wrongs and become a better businessman.

Absolutely BANG ON CORRECT !!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

The problem is the fans crying for new manager and chairman while 6 points off a play off position 2 months away from xmas

That's true, but it does appear that there has now been a turning point.

We began badly, picked up and gleaned some frankly undeserved results, but we now seem to be getting score lines more in keeping with our performances.

But the real problem for me is the forthcoming derby.

Suffer a thrashing in that, and Jos is a dead man walking.

You may well forgive him, but many members of our fan base will not.

We're then back to where we were a year ago, with a divided crowd and a stubborn chairman digging his heels in.

The only way to prevent that, rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, would be to change the manager.

9 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

The last thing we need now is to get on the back of DC.

Hes put his own money into the club. Spent around £80 million if reports are to be believed.

Hes clearly a very good businessman so isn’t going to let the club go and take a loss, and no one is going to buy us for 80+ million. 

Lets support DC. Yes he’s made mistakes but without him now we could be well and truly screwed. 

Having a load of money from shares in his daddy’s business doesn’t automatically make you a good businessman. 

I’ve seen very little evidence of good business acumen. 

I bet 90% of the people on here don’t even know what his business is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

The last thing we need now is to get on the back of DC.

Hes put his own money into the club. Spent around £80 million if reports are to be believed.

Hes clearly a very good businessman so isn’t going to let the club go and take a loss, and no one is going to buy us for 80+ million. 

Lets support DC. Yes he’s made mistakes but without him now we could be well and truly screwed. 

There is no evidence what so ever to say he is a very good business man.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

That's true, but it does appear that there has now been a turning point.

We began badly, picked up and gleaned some frankly undeserved results, but we now seem to be getting score lines more in keeping with our performances.

But the real problem for me is the forthcoming derby.

Suffer a thrashing in that, and Jos is a dead man walking.

You may well forgive him, but many members of our fan base will not.

We're then back to where we were a year ago, with a divided crowd and a stubborn chairman digging his heels in.

The only way to prevent that, rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, would be to change the manager.

A change in manager may make some fans feel better but is a new manager in the best interests of the club. It is not. In no way would a new manager improve results, A short term knee jerk reaction will not suddenly change seasoned professionals form who recently have played very poorly overnight ??? = No !! Would injured players suddenly heal ??? = No !! Would a seasoned respected manager take on the SWFC manager job with the very few options available to Jos at the moment ??? = N0 !! The answer is obvious. If fans feel the need to moan and complain why not direct their attentions to the leagues misplaced P and S rule that is shafting us atm. It is unfair and causing the opposite to what its supposed to stop. While relegated ex premiere clubs are being given extortionate parachute payments. Lastly the derby is so important to us, but its still the same points as any other game. In some respects the players attitude to the game is as important as the result (a marginal loss but every player gave 150 %) I would be able to live with a bit easier than just losing. On the other hand a win and a good performance would redeem fans until xmas at least. I dont think Jos needs reminding how important the derby is. The players should also know its importance. What I really dont want to happen is to get beat and then our fans start chanting Jos or DC out- that would be total embarrassment for the fans and club. But it seems a foregone conclusion as many fans patience has been tested to much already.

20 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

A change in manager may make some fans feel better but is a new manager in the best interests of the club. It is not. In no way would a new manager improve results, A short term knee jerk reaction will not suddenly change seasoned professionals form who recently have played very poorly overnight ??? = No !! Would injured players suddenly heal ??? = No !! Would a seasoned respected manager take on the SWFC manager job with the very few options available to Jos at the moment ??? = N0 !! The answer is obvious. If fans feel the need to moan and complain why not direct their attentions to the leagues misplaced P and S rule that is shafting us atm. It is unfair and causing the opposite to what its supposed to stop. While relegated ex premiere clubs are being given extortionate parachute payments. Lastly the derby is so important to us, but its still the same points as any other game. In some respects the players attitude to the game is as important as the result (a marginal loss but every player gave 150 %) I would be able to live with a bit easier than just losing. On the other hand a win and a good performance would redeem fans until xmas at least. I dont think Jos needs reminding how important the derby is. The players should also know its importance. What I really dont want to happen is to get beat and then our fans start chanting Jos or DC out- that would be total embarrassment for the fans and club. But it seems a foregone conclusion as many fans patience has been tested to much already.

I'm not so sure about that, the results not improving I mean.

From what I've heard the Westwood situation isn't financial/contractual, but rather about promises made to Dawson and a complete breakdown in the relationship between Westwood and Jos.

A new manager would doubtless reinstate Westwood, and that would be a big bonus as it would inspire confidence in the defence.

And frankly, it wouldn't do Dawson any harm either.

He would also like as not stop spending time passing around at the back, nor would he play so many youngsters concurrently.

In the spring McCarthy said he would consider us, so he is an option, although I realize that you're not a fan of his.

But what you say about the fans turning nails it for me.

It's a repetition of the poisonous atmosphere of last season which concerns me, and the only way that could be halted would be a managerial change.

It was only when Carlos left that the fans reunited and tensions with the chairman eased.

28 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm not so sure about that, the results not improving I mean.

From what I've heard the Westwood situation isn't financial/contractual, but rather about promises made to Dawson and a complete breakdown in the relationship between Westwood and Jos.

A new manager would doubtless reinstate Westwood, and that would be a big bonus as it would inspire confidence in the defence.

And frankly, it wouldn't do Dawson any harm either.

He would also like as not stop spending time passing around at the back, nor would he play so many youngsters concurrently.

In the spring McCarthy said he would consider us, so he is an option, although I realize that you're not a fan of his.

But what you say about the fans turning nails it for me.

It's a repetition of the poisonous atmosphere of last season which concerns me, and the only way that could be halted would be a managerial change.

It was only when Carlos left that the fans reunited and tensions with the chairman eased.

The KW situation is much simpler. From what JL has seen he rates CD and Wildsmith as better keepers. If you review the last 30 or so games KW played he really was not the keeper of a few seasons ago. Bearing this in mind and JL must be pretty dam sure to state CD is No1 before season started, your argument is nullified regarding a new manager changing results for the better. The job is way above Mccarthys head, far to much long term planning and squad management required for him to be successful. What you say about confidence is correct, soon as a team scores the heads drop as if its here we go again. We cave in far to easy after giving 1 goal away and confidence is the reason for this or lack of it.The atmosphere becoming poisonous like last season only makes the players worse. The last 2 games the only ex academy player apart from palmer has been dawson, as penney and thorniley, baker and preston have been dropped or subs. This has actually made results worse. So playing to many youth players concurrently has only resulted in our better performances. We need to see a rapid change in results starting with clean sheets and a better more organised defence. I really think frpm what i have seen the rest will then fall into place as confidence will rise and hopefully goals to put teams away when its only 1 - 1.

10 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

I think the fact he can afford to buy a football club is enough proof he’s a good businessman?

Let me play devils advocate in your defence here: 

- record season ticket sales of recent years

- record shirt sales of recent times

- record attendances of recent times

- appoints players / managers that achieve best position in recent years 

- this ones a sound bite from Carlos so unsure if true, record point tally of last 50 years 

I dont know much about tuna, other than salt water is better than brine, but he seems to have delivered quite well against non emotional tangible measures of success for running a club. 

Out of interest, what would others point to as the reasons he’s not running us well? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

DC is here until we're in the prem. And then some. 

Don’t believe we’ll ever get to the Prem under Chansiri. More likely to return to League One and we won’t recover like the last two times we’ve been there because the fans will quite rightly tell the club to do one. Make a mistake once, fair enough. Make the same mistake twice, careless. Make it three times, totally insane. There’s no coming back from that.

13 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

From my understanding DC built up his own business which is where all his money comes from, not his dads busines (John west) 

We can agree he’s not a footballing man though. He even admitted this when he first took over.

good grief where have you been for the last 3 years of this being laughed at to get that 'understanding' ? 

oh hang on -  you may be right elev8 and Dtaxis seemingly unique in the world of business models are clearly the source of our funding 

8 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Acknowledging mistakes have been made DC seems to have genuinly taken the club on as a fan and invested many millions, not sure why the level of animosity  towards him, particularly considering previous custodians.

Ok we're in a pickle with FFP, but this stems from DC actually spending money.

For all Mandaric did and do think he was good for the club, he didn't really spend any money, taking on loans to run the club and minimal transfer spend.

Dave Allen...enough said

Dave Richards et al, who asset stripped and used the club to further their own agendas.

Compared with these and some current owners at other clubs, aware i may need my tin hat on standby,  I'm happy with DC and in no rush to see him leave 

Edited by striker

13 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

No I have no reason to doubt you. 

Like ive said I don’t really know the ins and outs of DC’s businesss or family businesses. 

I usually only care about what’s going on, on the pitch.

But you’ve claimed he’s a very good business man.

There is no evidence to suggest this. Others have actually supported he is the opposite of what you claim. You’re sticking to your guns for some reason and now claim you’re only interested in what’s going on, on the pitch. 

Then a strange comment ‘everyday is a school day’. All a bit weird.

16 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

The chairman spent 40 million quid to buy us and has probably poured in at least  similar amount funding the team since then. Is there anybody out there who would want to spend that kind of dosh on a poor championship team like us, probably not. So we are basically stuck with DC.

Sure if he could get the management of the club sorted then he could still make a success of it.  Problem is we seem to have gone full-circle in terms of being a club going places to one stuck in a downward spiral.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Acknowledging mistakes have been made DC seems to have genuinly taken the club on as a fan and invested many millions, not sure why the level of animosity  towards him, particularly considering previous custodians.

Ok we're in a pickle with FFP, but this stems from DC actually spending money.

For all Mandaric did and do think he was good for the club, he didn't really spend any money, taking on loans to run the club and minimal transfer spend.

Dave Allen...enough said

Dave Richards et al, who asset stripped and used the club to further their own agendas.

Compared with these and some current owners at other clubs, aware i may need my tin hat on standby,  I'm happy with DC and in no rush to see him leave 

Disagree with DC taking us on as a fan. Like most middle aged men, they probably don’t know too much about what will occupy their chosen mid-life crisis. Use the analogy of expensive sports cars or bikes. Many blokes who have never previously owned one make a purchase cos it’s a new shiny toy and promptly wrap it around a tree. Think we are nothing more than a mid-life ego toy; own a fairly large English football club with bags of history, with no experience. Like going into a bike shop with your credit card and saying give me the fastest route to failure.