If the Chairman agreed.

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

The last thing we need now is to get on the back of DC.

Hes put his own money into the club. Spent around £80 million if reports are to be believed.

Hes clearly a very good businessman so isn’t going to let the club go and take a loss, and no one is going to buy us for 80+ million. 

Lets support DC. Yes he’s made mistakes but without him now we could be well and truly screwed. 

Don’t mean to be awkward to you personally mate but is he really a very good businessman. How do we know? He’s got running a footy club terribly wrong 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, woodys said:

Don’t mean to be awkward to you personally mate but is he really a very good businessman. How do we know? He’s got running a footy club terribly wrong 

I think the fact he can afford to buy a football club is enough proof he’s a good businessman?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

The chairman spent 40 million quid to buy us and has probably poured in at least  similar amount funding the team since then. Is there anybody out there who would want to spend that kind of dosh on a poor championship team like us, probably not. So we are basically stuck with DC.

i'm not sure if we're stuck with him, or he's stuck with us.

52 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Hes put his own money into the club. Spent around £80 million if reports are to be believed.

Hes clearly a very good businessman so isn’t going to let the club go and take a loss, and no one is going to buy us for 80+ million. 

Lets support DC. Yes he’s made mistakes but without him now we could be well and truly screwed. 

Please give an example of what he's done to prove that

51 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

What evidence is there to support your comments that he’s a good business man?

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I think the fact he can afford to buy a football club is enough proof he’s a good businessman?

so the bloke running the chippy on the corner, and making a good profit, should be fine running a professional football club?

this bloke had advisors, and it looks as though (let's say) some of the advice hasn't worked out too well, and it's cost him financially.

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Please give an example of what he's done to prove that

1 minute ago, Animis said:

What evidence is there to support your comments that he’s a good business man?

The fact he can afford to buy a football club?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

so the bloke running the chippy on the corner, and making a good profit, should be fine running a professional football club?

this bloke had advisors, and it looks as though (let's say) some of the advice hasn't worked out too well, and it's cost him financially.

Have you actually read my post?

All I said is he’s clearly a good businessman so he’s not going to just give the club up for half of what he’s invested. As the original poster suggested. 

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

The fact he can afford to buy a football club?

Having loads of money and being a successful and skilled businessman do not go hand in hand.

Wang jianlin's son Wang sicong owns a business bought through a 500 million rmb gift from his father. Wang sicong could run a proverbial p1ss up in a brewery but he would have enough money to buy a football club. Wang sicong is renowned in China for being a fruitcase who wastes money lavishly including buying ten mobile phones for his pet dog!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Having loads of money and being a successful and skilled businessman do not go hand in hand.

Wang jianlin's son Wang sicong owns a business bought through a 500 million rmb gift from his father. Wang sicong could run a proverbial p1ss up in a brewery but he would have enough money to buy a football club. Wang sicong is renowned in China for being a fruitcase who wastes money lavishly including buying ten mobile phones for his pet dog!

Well let’s hope Wang doesn’t want to buy us then

if we got promoted first or second season dc was owner he'd have been a legend with fans .

Times are abit hard and now its 'sell the club'

Dc has messed up and I'm sure he is aware of that ..of he wasn't he wouldn't have got ceo .

Jos looks like he isn't the man to take us forward but every club in world football makes a bad appointment sometime

I get the frustration but some people really need to think before they speak

whose gonna wanna buy us atm

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Very good point and I certainly wouldn't want to see a Venkys or Oyston type owner but what about someone like Amanda Stavely?

No. Because she is just a front  man (sorry, woman) for a consortium of investors.  All they would be interested in was making money, not the long term future if our club.

Im not DCs biggest fan but his biggest fault has just been spending badly. Hes put plenty of money in, rejected sales of our key players and made improvements to our academy. Unfortunately hes spent badly and taken bad advice, probably had his pants down by Doyen. We could have a lot worse.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

It's a family business though isnt it, not something he's built up himself. 

I don't know the ins and outs of the company heirarchy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was a great businessman, I also wouldn't be surprised if he was just a trust fund baby given too much pocket money to play with.

Despite his financial commitment though, it's clear he is not a football man. 

4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

It's a family business though isnt it, not something he's built up himself. 

I don't know the ins and outs of the company heirarchy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was a great businessman, I also wouldn't be surprised if he was just a trust fund baby given too much pocket money to play with.

Despite his financial commitment though, it's clear he is not a football man. 

From my understanding DC built up his own business which is where all his money comes from, not his dads busines (John west) 

We can agree he’s not a footballing man though. He even admitted this when he first took over.

Just now, S72 Owl said:

From my understanding DC built up his own business which is where all his money comes from, not his dads busines (John west) 

We can agree he’s not a footballing man though. He even admitted this when he first took over.

I thought that was why he appointed a genuine football man in Roeder. We made smart signings in that time and from a purely footballing point of view, everything seemed to be in order. 

Really thought we'd got our act together at that stage, shame. 

6 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

His father does not own Thai Union Group, it is a public listed company of which the Chansiri family collectively own 20.3%. Dejphon Chansiri owned shares in the original family business before the flotation. When the family business was floated, all of the Chansiri family landed a considerable windfall, as would be expected. What is interesting though is, after the flotation, DC's father and brother were retained in senior executive positions by the PLC but Dejphon Chansiri was overlooked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3