We need to forget the Chairmans plan

Guest Hillsborough Mole

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

The only 2 I wouldn't sell is Bannan and Foriesteri.

Everyone else can go at the right price.

There’s probably only Reach (other than those two) who anyone else would buy.

I wouldn’t sell Reach, FF or Bannan in January. We need to stay up this year first.

23 hours ago, Kenilworth Owl said:

A plan would normally involve a strategy, with a number actions to deliver the intended result (promotion)

I see no plan

The strategy is to win promotion. The action to deliver the plan is to win games......................we have a problem.

20 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Sell all saleable assets go down come back up ,With a British savvy manager who knows the game .

We tried that, it takes a long time to come back up. Much better to sell all saleable assets and stay up.

Realistically I think we would get enough from the sale of Reach to keep the wolf from the door. I don't think we would get much for Forestieri at the present time, if we had sold last closed season we would have done ok but he isn't even a starter most games.

£5m tops at present. If he gets picked every game and hits form £10m - £12m

On 27/10/2018 at 17:57, Hillsborough Mole said:

Promotion this season or we are f****d?

We need to sell in January;

Reach

Fessi

Rhodes (to Norwich)

Winnall (to Derby)

Only Reach's sale will damage our current squad, FF's sale will have a huge impact sadly as its usually his introduction thats motivated wins

Luhukay needs to be disposed of and a manager appointed that understands this division and can keep us in it

Relegation is far more likely than promotion if we stay as we are, if the 4 players above are sold we should hopefully secure enough to keep us out of an embargo this summer. Its desperate, yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. We simply can't afford another dead summer with an embargo, especially with so many players due to leave us. We have to give whoever is the manager room for manouver

But before that - we have to stay up. We should definitely have enough in this squad to do that. With the right manager.

*crosses everything that the Chairman will act*

Unfortunately and surprisingly I find myself agreeing with you 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Unfortunately and surprisingly I find myself agreeing with you 

Thats a sad day for everybody :-)

I thought FFP was over a 3 year period.  We've spent nothing this season so far and so surely at the end of the season Carlos's spend for his first season will not be included in out FFP going forward and so I'd have thought this would give us some money to play with again?

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

I thought FFP was over a 3 year period.  We've spent nothing this season so far and so surely at the end of the season Carlos's spend for his first season will not be included in out FFP going forward and so I'd have thought this would give us some money to play with again?

Youre way off pal