Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Promotion this season or we are f****d?

We need to sell in January;

Reach

Fessi

Rhodes (to Norwich)

Winnall (to Derby)

Only Reach's sale will damage our current squad, FF's sale will have a huge impact sadly as its usually his introduction thats motivated wins

Luhukay needs to be disposed of and a manager appointed that understands this division and can keep us in it

Relegation is far more likely than promotion if we stay as we are, if the 4 players above are sold we should hopefully secure enough to keep us out of an embargo this summer. Its desperate, yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. We simply can't afford another dead summer with an embargo, especially with so many players due to leave us. We have to give whoever is the manager room for manouver

But before that - we have to stay up. We should definitely have enough in this squad to do that. With the right manager.

*crosses everything that the Chairman will act*

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, vulva said:

We have a plan?

Promotion or bust apparently

Source: DC's speech at Fans Forum (after he blamed the fans for us being in a mess)

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Promotion or bust apparently

Source: DC's speech at Fans Forum (after he blamed the fans for us being in a mess)

That's not a plan. That's a statement. I think we may have uncovered the underlying issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Sell FF and Reach for about £15-18m in January. Maybe Nuhui and Joao (£2m - £4m for the pair).

Use some, if not all of the money to appease FFP and bring in some young players in, preferably Fwds who have pace and might actually score goals

Edited by adelphi1867

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Reach

Fessi

Rhodes (to Norwich)

Winnall (to Derby)

Only Reach's sale will damage our current squad, FF's sale will have a huge impact sadly as its usually his introduction thats motivated wins

Luhukay needs to be disposed of and a manager appointed that understands this division and can keep us in it

Relegation is far more likely than promotion if we stay as we are, if the 4 players above are sold we should hopefully secure enough to keep us out of an embargo this summer. Its desperate, yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. We simply can't afford another dead summer with an embargo, especially with so many players due to leave us. We have to give whoever is the manager room for manouver

But before that - we have to stay up. We should definitely have enough in this squad to do that. With the right manager.

You sell when stock is high and buy when it is low.  Sell high, buy low.

We should sell Reach in January.  Possibly Rhodes if Norwich will have him.

Winnall and Forestieri should be kept and only sold when they’ve had a good run in the team and their stock has risen.

plus I can’t see anybody signing Winnall until he’s proven his fitness and there is nothing to suggest that Lampard rates him.

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You sell when stock is high and buy when it is low.  Sell high, buy low.

We should sell Reach in January.  Possibly Rhodes if Norwich will have him.

Winnall and Forestieri should be kept and only sold when they’ve had a good run in the team and their stock has risen.

plus I can’t see anybody signing Winnall until he’s proven his fitness and there is nothing to suggest that Lampard rates him.

Can't see FF getting a decent run in the team under this manager

I think DC was eluding to the fact that without promotion, we would need to sell players.

Selling  players is not a bad thing though, the best clubs sell players, but need the right recruitment plan in place which still concerns me. 

I genuinly think releasing the out of contract players plus hopefully the sale of Rhodes goes a long way to balancing the FFP black hole.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Reach

Fessi

Rhodes (to Norwich)

Winnall (to Derby)

So..Nigel.."We "............. forget the chairmans plan..and implement what?

The Chairman runs the whole thing..Do we approach him....?

"Hey Delphjon....Lovely elephants , but I think it might need tweakin' a bit?"

He will then accuse you of buying Rhodes, and Selling Jack Hunt..

Where do you go from there....?

Youve already slagged his masterplan of the "Golden Elephant" wotsit, spaffed millions on Rhodes, and sold Jack!!

Your position is tenous to say the least.

So you get all diplomatic....

"I realise I made a mistake when I bought Jordan...yer holiness...and to try and circumvent me obvious error...I sold Jack hoping that the club that bought him would put the f.ookin' decimal point in the wrong place on the cheque"

He'll strip you naked and you will be sat stradllin' a Golden Elephant for the last years of yer life!

Do you want that Nige?..Honestly..do you really want that?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, 33 said:

Nope he definitely said we were fuucked

But only if he we dont get promoted to be fair