18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d have Megson back tomorrow.

He’d make us difficult to beat and why might get the odd clean sheet every now and again.

Sadly not very realistic, there’s no way he’d get along with Dejphon Chansiri.

Totally agree with this.

17 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It’s a top manager we need and I’m at a loss to understand why Mr Moneywallet felt it a good idea to spaff millions on players, mostly duff ones, and not on a decent manager.

Had we concentrated on getting a top class manager, paying the necessary to get him, we might never be in this mess. A half decent manager 

a) Wouldn’t have wasted money on crap players

b) Would’ve got the best out of the squad at his disposal.

Another criticism of the Chairman. If he walked into a hotel room full of Champions League managers, he’d appoint the janitor.

If only, he'd sign Harry Redknapp.

Edited by northderbyshireowl

10 minutes ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Why? He likes spending money which we ain't got and as for Megson didn't we have to sack him to get out of League one?

I think Megson would have got us promoted that season, most certainly the season after, then got us promoted from the Champsionship. He set the foundations down, MM just needed to keep faith.

10 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

Hasn’t Megson already criticised the running of the club saying that the fans are the only thing Premier league?

Chansiri will hire me before he hires Meggo.

He was referring to the stadium, and lets be honest, he is 100% correct. Megson was WBA assistant and has visited all the Premier league stadiums.

Its what I like about Megson, he knows what Wednesday fans like, blunt honesty. I think we are all fed up to the back teeth of the last two managers never giving a straight answer to simple questions.

Edited by northderbyshireowl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

Hasn’t Megson already criticised the running of the club saying that the fans are the only thing Premier league?

Chansiri will hire me before he hires Meggo.

Agreed tho, I cant see Chansiri hiring him. Chansiri reminds me of the FA, appointing yes men over talent, maybe its a cultural thing, as Thai's don't like 'losing face' and are not confrontational.

Megson signed average players like semedo .. Ryan Lowe...Rob Jones.. chris ogrady but stressed to them what it meant to play for Wednesday...got them fired up.....made them work and bully teams ..... when we lost ..it hurt megson like it hurt us...that’s everything we miss now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

The fact this thread has more up votes than down makes me utterly embarrassed to support Sheffield Wednesday.

The fact that this thread has lots of up votes is because of HIM. HE is needed back where HE belongs. In charge of Sheffield Wednesday. 

garymegson

The Cult of Megson 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

The fact that this thread has lots of up votes is because of HIM. HE is needed back where HE belongs. In charge of Sheffield Wednesday. 

garymegson

The Cult of Megson 

Yup, the grass isnt always greener -- England realised that with foreign coaches -- about time we looked closer to home, and more are accepting of that.

Guest Theboylangers
5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Plenty of time !? :ohmy: He's been here 10 months and has bought precisely 1 player for a paltry fee.

Your description above could probably be applied to about 98% of all managers in the entire football league for the last 20 years.

Why do you ignore the 2 players (premiership) that he's brought in? Do they not count? 

8 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Why do you ignore the 2 players (premiership) that he's brought in? Do they not count? 

Did you miss the phrase "bought"? That is what is normally used as some sort of measure of how much the manager has been able to reshape the squad. It's not exactly a revolution he's been able to lead is it - a mediocre midfielder no one has ever heard of and two guys who wouldn't have featured for their Premier League clubs and who will leave in a few months anyway?

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Did you miss the phrase "bought"? That is what is normally used as some sort of measure of how much the manager has been able to reshape the squad. It's not exactly a revolution he's been able to lead is it - a mediocre midfielder no one has ever heard of and two guys who wouldn't have featured for their Premier League clubs and who will leave in a few months anyway?

So loans don't count? 

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

So loans don't count? 

So as far as you are concerned Luhukay should have been able to take the side that was tumbling down the league, with an almost ever present injury list of significant proportions and rumours of all kinds (some of which may have substance) about issues outside of his control and be able to turn them into a great team with £350,000 and a couple of unspectacular loans?

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So as far as you are concerned Luhukay should have been able to take the side that was tumbling down the league, with an almost ever present injury list of significant proportions and rumours of all kinds (some of which may have substance) about issues outside of his control and be able to turn them into a great team with £350,000 and a couple of unspectacular loans?

Everyone on here seems to be happy with Hector and to some extent Onomah when he plays. Why are they unspectacular?