22 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i wish as a wednesday fan i could plus this 100 times over. wednesday are expected by their fan base to achieve success, and do it in a certain style of play. 

if we're not f***ing about on the ball, 'we're not doing it the correct way'

you've only to look across the city at the swine to see you don't need 50 passes, as pressure will pay off far more dividends.

even coke's side knew how to press (when fit) in the first season.

until we drop this 'has to be done the hard way' we're handicapping ourselves (sorry tiptap boys).

direct, driven, pressing, quality crosses, shoot and follow it in, english football. it'll fill the stadium more than tiptap will.

Can't agree more you don't win games and get out of this division playing tippy tappy football, this is the championship, its a battle, a scrap, there's no time or space on the ball. Our problem is we Don thave the character in the side to do this. 

25 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Do you think we will end up in the s***e this year? I agree the players dont seem to give 100%, but with the talent some of them have, 60% would keep us up imo. We should really be challenging the top 6 with this squad imo. If we were in a bad situation then yes, why not megson. But I honestly cannot see us been anywhere near relegation this year, unless we suffers another serious injury crisis. Jos imo has done ok, nothing special and nothing terrible, megson would us improve slightly, but he's not long term for me. I know it's probably not possible, but I would personally love to see Pearson have a go here. He is exactly what we need imo, if him and DC could get on (a big if) he has the potential to be special imo, something I cannot see megson being. 

I agree that on paper we shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone, but seasons tend to go in one direction or the other, and they can often turn on individual matches.

I was saying to Guru earlier that although we started badly, we picked up got a way with a few.

I mean, we played poorly but got positive results.

So then a club either improves the way it is playing, or it starts to get the results its performances deserve.

And that's what now appears to be happening.

But my real concern is the Lane derby.

It couldn't be coming at a worse time, with us in this pickle and Wilder keen to stick the boot in and avenge the BDM.

4-2 wasn't a massacre, even if United's performance merited it.

We got away with it at the Lane last season, because it was Jos' first game in charge so Wilder was cautious.

But this time we're there for the taking, and I fear there'll be no reprieve.

If that happens, then Jos is finished.

He may still be in post, but a sizeable percentage of the fan base will never forgive him so he's a dead man walking.

Then it's last season revisited, with large swathes of the fan base wanting him out, and Chansiri stubbornly digging his heels in.

Nobody will come in to take him off our hands, as happened with Carlos, and my worry is how long Chansiri will wait before finally pulling the trigger.

40 minutes ago, Stoop said:

To be fair I think we’d probably end up going down if Megson took over with this team. Some of our lot wouldn’t last a day with him in charge

I've just had a vision of him locking reach in the training ground and beating him repeatedly until he gained enough balls and aggression to finally stand up to him and say no more and smack him in the face . Lol 

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm afraid to say your last two posts have been a study in childishness. No idea why you're getting quite so exercised. I just don't rate Megson all that much. 

Under the circumstances, Luhukay is doing reasonably well. Yes, there are some reservations, but the perfect manager doesn't exist. But in any case, we almost certainly can't afford a change so it's a rather pointless discussion anyway.

Wow. So if I have the temerity to disagree with you then I’m childish? I don’t quite see the need for you to be so high and mighty as if you’re superior or something?

my point being if we were to have a change of manager, which I think we need by the way, then someone who is passionate about the club like megson would be a good bet. Is it foolproof? Of course not but I as I said earlier....why the hell not!

• Like 1

I honestly dont think Gary Megson would take this job if it was offered to him, put it this way I think he's well aware of the difficulties with working with a chancer and maybe he wouldnt want to be humiliated again by getting sacked after winning the pigs at home!

5 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Wow. So if I have the temerity to disagree with you then I’m childish?

So this is merely disagreeing with me then...?

54 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Boring self indulgent rubbish.

Pathetic.

31 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Truly beautiful reply

i am overshadowed by your genius.

5 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

I don’t quite see the need for you to be so high and mighty as if you’re superior or something?

All 3 of your replies have contained that kind of stuff. Had you stuck to advocating Megson alone (I don't agree with it but it's hardly the most ridiculous suggestion ever) then there wouldn't have been a problem.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

I honestly dont think Gary Megson would take this job if it was offered to him, put it this way I think he's well aware of the difficulties with working with a chancer and maybe he wouldnt want to be humiliated again by getting sacked after winning the pigs at home!

I disagree, I am certain he'd take it. He came to watch us play when Carlos' head was on the block, so he was putting his hat into the ring.

Players of his era didnt earn big money. If a decent payday is offer, he'd be crazy to refuse it.

20 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So this is merely disagreeing with me then...?

All 3 of your replies have contained that kind of stuff. Had you stuck to advocating Megson alone (I don't agree with it but it's hardly the most ridiculous suggestion ever) then there wouldn't have been a problem.

You must be related to my wife......she’s never wrong either! :laugh:

3 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

FFS NO !!!!!!! End of thread.

In my opinion I …..

S41t I've done it again.

It's twice tonight I have tried posting.

Only to realise the thread has been closed by someone who knows more about football than anyone else on here.

So does not need to listen to anyone elses opinion.

FFS.

• Haha 3

It’s a top manager we need and I’m at a loss to understand why Mr Moneywallet felt it a good idea to spaff millions on players, mostly duff ones, and not on a decent manager.

Had we concentrated on getting a top class manager, paying the necessary to get him, we might never be in this mess. A half decent manager 

a) Wouldn’t have wasted money on crap players

b) Would’ve got the best out of the squad at his disposal.

Another criticism of the Chairman. If he walked into a hotel room full of Champions League managers, he’d appoint the janitor.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3