I can take defeats when you have a man in charge that knows what was wrong and what he is doing.

I'm really not bothered about nice football, building from the back and all that nonsense.

I want to see some kind of pride and balls in the manager - they can play the way they want but they get players to sit up, work a shift and aren't afraid to tell them during the game if they aren't.

We are a limp handshake of a club and a team at the moment - an easy touch that other clubs look at and think 'they're beatable'. A team that collapses like a pack of cards, a team that doesnt have the nouse to hold a lead or to come back from being down. No leaders - including the manager.

We can't change the players at the moment. But we can bring in a leader.

Whether it's Megson or someone of his ilk I don't care, but the guy we have isn't taking us anywhere at all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Yea, two decent promotions with decent sides, he's a decent manager, not denying that. Think we genuinely need something exceptional now tho, because we won't be able to spend a decent amount for a while. We only spent what some teams in this league spend on one player in the last few years and we are in serious trouble with ffp, we need someone exceptional if we make a change imo. 

Personally, I'd appoint a Megson or a McCarthy until the end of the season before things get really bad.

We'd stay up with either of those at the helm, and they'd discover who's got the endeavour in the side, and who hasn't.

Sort the wheat out from the chaff.

That's basically what Megson did before.

I remember his saying about players who couldn't be bothered with flash chariots parked in the car park.

Then, in the summer, take it from there.

We've got some good youngsters, and Dawson is one of them, but if we keep on like this we'll ruin them.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Personally, I'd appoint a Megson or a McCarthy until the end of the season before things get really bad.

We'd stay up with either of those at the helm, and they'd discover who's got the endeavour in the side, and who hasn't.

I remember his saying about players who couldn't be bothered with flash chariots parked in the car park.

We've got some good youngsters, and Dawson is one of them, but if we keep on like this we'll ruin them.

Is this the cliche thread?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Is this the same Gary Megson that before his final game had lost consecutive outings against Blackpool, Exeter, Stevenage and Chesterfield, scoring just once in the process and then watched someone else replace him and tear the league up?

Or could that be that he lost Marshall and once Antonio came in so did our results.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Is this the same Gary Megson that before his final game had lost consecutive outings against Blackpool, Exeter, Stevenage and Chesterfield, scoring just once in the process and then watched someone else replace him and tear the league up?

Boring self indulgent rubbish. Jones was promoted with megson’s team and yet we continue to trot out these 4 teams. Pathetic.

Unsurprisingly I’d have megson back in a heartbeat, why the hell not. At least when he was manager we had some pride and passion.......unlike the current set up.

Also, as you don’t want megson then who do you want as Jo’s clearly isn’t working 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is this the cliche thread?

It is indeed. :stuwinky:

But you know what will happen, Juanito.

We'll lose next week, get hammered at the Lane (which will alienate a sizeable section of the fan base), then we'll have that grim, chronic decline until the New Year.

Swansea rescued us last time, so we don't yet know how bad things will have to get before Chansiri pulls the trigger.

We got away with a few earlier on in the season.

Would things be sorted out, or would those performances catch up with us?

It's looking increasingly like the latter.

17 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Do you think we will end up in the s***e this year? I agree the players dont seem to give 100%, but with the talent some of them have, 60% would keep us up imo. We should really be challenging the top 6 with this squad imo. If we were in a bad situation then yes, why not megson. But I honestly cannot see us been anywhere near relegation this year, unless we suffers another serious injury crisis. Jos imo has done ok, nothing special and nothing terrible, megson would us improve slightly, but he's not long term for me. I know it's probably not possible, but I would personally love to see Pearson have a go here. He is exactly what we need imo, if him and DC could get on (a big if) he has the potential to be special imo, something I cannot see megson being. 

27 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

There is no need for it. Warnock proved it time and time again, and though his detractors hate it, so did Megson, twice.

i wish as a wednesday fan i could plus this 100 times over. wednesday are expected by their fan base to achieve success, and do it in a certain style of play. 

if we're not f***ing about on the ball, 'we're not doing it the correct way'

you've only to look across the city at the swine to see you don't need 50 passes, as pressure will pay off far more dividends.

even coke's side knew how to press (when fit) in the first season.

until we drop this 'has to be done the hard way' we're handicapping ourselves (sorry tiptap boys).

direct, driven, pressing, quality crosses, shoot and follow it in, english football. it'll fill the stadium more than tiptap will.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Boring self indulgent rubbish.

Routine reply for someone who doesn't agree, but it seems you wanted to shoehorn 'self indulgent' in there as displaying some kind of wisdom as it makes little sense otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Jones was promoted with megson’s team

Should he have used someone else's? :huh:

12 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

...yet we continue to trot out these 4 teams. Pathetic. 

Many are losing their sh*t at losing three in a row over the last few days. What's the difference? But you must agree it's difficult to make a case for Megson's genius considering how his tenure ended?

14 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Unsurprisingly I’d have megson back in a heartbeat, why the hell not. At least when he was manager we had some pride and passion.......unlike the current set up.

Also, as you don’t want megson then who do you want as Jo’s clearly isn’t working 

Why is 'pride and passion' (or getting angry and shouting a lot) so consistently used as some sort of precursor to success? Loads of managers have been successful without taking that approach and plenty have failed by following it. It is absolutely irrelevant.

But even as Luhukay struggles with the horrendous mess he inherited, the almost non-existent budget and being forced to rely on so many Academy players, why is it "clearly" not working just ten days after we were remarkably in the playoff positions?

Horses for courses, Megson or McCarthy for the difficult 2 or 3 years ahead if we must sack Jos.

People think whoever is manager should get us promoted. Only one man was offered that opportunity with money and he's gone because he couldn't do it.

The owner needing us to get promoted does not mean Jos is terrible if he doesn't. We are all starting to realise why the bookies didn't fancy us and it's not because of who is in the managerial hotseat. We are threadbare.

1 minute ago, Lythamowl said:

Truly beautiful reply

i am overshadowed by your genius.

oh.....who do you want to manage us?

I'm afraid to say your last two posts have been a study in childishness. No idea why you're getting quite so exercised. I just don't rate Megson all that much. 

Under the circumstances, Luhukay is doing reasonably well. Yes, there are some reservations, but the perfect manager doesn't exist. But in any case, we almost certainly can't afford a change so it's a rather pointless discussion anyway.