37 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Apart from available so is Nigel Pearson

I would personally be defo interested in having Pearson here, he is defo the type of gaffer we might need. He would either be amazing or flop (flop as in mid table), but it's a risk i'd take to get where we belong. Megson not so much, he's decent but that's all he is, decent and will never be exceptional. 

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Absolute rubbish.

This division is about doing the basics right.

Warnock, Pulis, McCarthy, Megson - you’ll not be pushovers in this division with them in charge.

You can add wilder to that list . No matter how cultured the football is you want to see , you need the players for it and the cash . All the above do the basics perfectly well and give the players a cause to fight for and accept nothing less than total effort , let's face it giving the dark side a cause must be hard enough . No matter how fancy the team and the cash and attitudes it has it always hates playing teams built on nothing but pride and determination . Winning is winning and I don't care how it comes . Pretty on the eye is a bonus . As for dinosaurs , all dinosaurs would destroy all its modern day equivalent and all pretty football has the hardest days against dinosaur sides . 

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I agree with Cosby Blunkett - Warnock took Cardiff from the bottom of the Championship to the Premier League.

No one has ever accused him of playing silky football.

Yup you dont, commitment, hoofball, decent crosses and free kicks, can win you plenty of games in this division. Trying to pass it from the back with a side with too many players who can't do it is asking for trouble.

48 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

He's available, he'll be cheap, and we are in a relegation fight. 

got to change the manager,Mcarthy for me but Megson will do,get some passion back in the side were so flimsy and there for the taking in nearly every game this season,get it sorted before it is too late,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

I would personally be defo interested in having Pearson here, he is defo the type of gaffer we might need. He would either be amazing or flop (flop as in mid table), but it's a risk i'd take to get where we belong. Megson not so much, he's decent but that's all he is, decent and will never be exceptional. 

2 promotions from this league suggests otherwise.

#hailhisnameforheislord

#hisclubhispeople

#oneofus

#grennowoods

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Why, when we are 'in trouble' and people feel we need a new manager,doess the same old listof failed Maagers come up . Thw two most obvious being Megson and McCarthy? I would suggest we need someone in the lines of Warnock..

I think its because we can see no progress under Jos, he's had plenty of time but is stilling faffing about with tactics and formations, which leads one to conclude he doesnt know what he's doing.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Is this the same Gary Megson that before his final game had lost consecutive outings against Blackpool, Exeter, Stevenage and Chesterfield, scoring just once in the process and then watched someone else replace him and tear the league up?

Yep that’s the bloke Whatever happened to him?

• Haha 1

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

2 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

...he's had plenty of time but is stilling faffing about with tactics and formations, which leads one to conclude he doesnt know what he's doing.

Plenty of time !? :ohmy: He's been here 10 months and has bought precisely 1 player for a paltry fee.

Your description above could probably be applied to about 98% of all managers in the entire football league for the last 20 years.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Is this the same Gary Megson that before his final game had lost consecutive outings against Blackpool, Exeter, Stevenage and Chesterfield, scoring just once in the process and then watched someone else replace him and tear the league up?

I’ve said many times before.  I don’t think it had anything to do with the manager.

our record with Marshall or Antonio in the team was outstanding.

Without them it was rubbish.

Mandaric hung Megson out to dry that season. Didn’t back him then just before sacking him brought in Antonio followed by Ranger and Treacy.

Megson has made it clear he told Mandaric at the start of the season we’d p1ss the league if he got Antonio and Marshall.

Mandaric wanted revenge on Megson and got it.

It was Dave Richards and Big Ron revisited.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Isn't that exactly the problem we've had with manager recruitment.......

The problem has been that Chansiri will not appoint a manager with experience of this league, rather than the cost.

Nor will he appoint a Britisher.

I don't like Megson, but I'd bring him in tonight.

I'd rather have the Ginger one in the dugout at the Lane than Jos.

32 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

2 promotions from this league suggests otherwise.

#hailhisnameforheislord

#hisclubhispeople

#oneofus

#grennowoods

Yea, two decent promotions with decent sides, he's a decent manager, not denying that. Think we genuinely need something exceptional now tho, because we won't be able to spend a decent amount for a while. We only spent what some teams in this league spend on one player in the last few years and we are in serious trouble with ffp, we need someone exceptional if we make a change imo.