Birmingham -V- Wednesday 18 OMDT

Just now, Holmowl said:

Hutch terrible early doors.

Penney terrible last 3 games.

I think we all know there are bigger reasons why Boyd and Westwood aren’t in the frame.

Good side today. I’m surprised it’s Fox rather than Thorniley. Joao has had two starts and been poor in both. Not surprised Nuhiu and Fletch get the nod, though they have hardly played like Gods!

Good team. Need some decent luck and lots of energy now. 

Understand you but the team today is too defensive and we will attract pressure with no pace or outlet up front.

The Brum will look at that line up and be rubbing their hands together.

Let's hope for a quick start and maybe an early goal then who knows we might have a chance.

On paper it looks like a hard day at the office: Birmingham in form, us successive defeats, Fox playing, Hooper not, etc, but this is the championship, so anything can happen.

Let's hope for an early Reach stunner, Nuhiu to recover last season's form and their keeper sent off before half time. Realistically I'd take a point to stop the bleeding and a decent performance. Cmon Wednesday!

15 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

No he doesn't

Jos inherited a very sticky situation and the injury nightmare is still there

Lets see how your mate Tufty would cope with such a crisis

They tailed off once Coutts got injured...

15 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

And how long has that fool been in charge at the sty!

Belfast is absolutely right that Jos inherited a sticky situation, which is why his results were poor initially, and improved as the better players returned.

We do miss Hooper and Lee, but we still have some very good players at the club.

We're not the bobbage which some on here would have us believe.

I'd say we're pretty much where we ought to be, although we need to play less in defence.

As for the goalkeeping situation, well I've already expressed my opinion about that, and it's an opinion shared by those who are, shall we say, "in the know".

Regarding Tufty.

If a manager is judged by the results he gets relative to the players he has at his disposal, then there probably isn't a better manager in the land at present.

We're always saying that the hardest thing to do in football is to score goals, for example, so look who he has up front compared to us.

I mean, we know he attempted to sign Joao, and there were rumours about Winnall too.

Man for man, few of their players are better than ours, but in their case the composite is far greater than the sum of its parts.

I guess it's like the Mind The Gap season where United's players had all played in the Championship, some in the PL, whereas our lads hadn't played above Third Division level.

But we were a good unit, guided by a Sheffield Wednesday fan and ex-player who could inspire "pashun" and knew how to organize admittedly modest players into an effective composite.

Now it's role-reversal.

Jos isn't bob, but he's no Wilder (or Megson).

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I think there are other reasons why these never play .Probably more down to Chansiri than Jos. 

Jos stated in the Summer, he was going to go with younger players this season, that's why Wallace and Loovens left, as would Boyd and Jones if their contracts were up.

ANY new players coming in would be between 18 - 24 yrs old, most fans on here agreed then.

20 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

Might be an obvious question but are westwood forreistieri and hooper injured? 

Big 3 players to be missing.

Its pouring down here. Hope the games decent and warms me up. 

Foresteiri out another couple weeks at least. Hooper probably out for rest of season. As for Westwood even mystic meg ain't a foookin clue whats going on there. He's been fit since begining of season but neither owner or manager will say why he's not being picked.