Jump to content
Lord Snooty

Birmingham -V- Wednesday 18 OMDT

Recommended Posts

Be happy with a point. 

 

Be nice to face a team not in good form.

 

QPR have flown up the table recently, Brum have picked up and Norwich (next week) are bang in form

 

Of course, we were in good form and then had the standard Wednesday meltdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

UTO

 

WIlson.gif.2a682082940c95fd9ce232a6898f3f13.gif

Can see they're helping with his stiffness 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id be over the moon with a point today 

 

Depends which Wednesday turn up .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, owler66 said:

Can see they're helping with his stiffness 

 

WTF:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owlstalk prediction - can't win situation, meltdown should we lose to an in form team, should we win the doom sayers wait until the next loss until the climb back out of their hiding places. Usual scapegoats should we win or lose.

 

We're going to finish mid table. We're going to lose to teams we think we should beat, we're going to win when we think we should lose. That's the championship.

 

Predicting a high scoring game, heart says 3-2 us head says loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope it's not another soft as poo performance where we can't be arsed to get going or lay a glove on the opposition. Far too many games this season already. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ that bench. Nuhiu starting again also. Snap your hand off for a point. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson 

Palmer

Fox

Onomah

Pelupessey

Fletcher 

Bannan

Lees

Nuhiu

Reach

Hector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-3-1-2?

 

Dawson

 

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Fox

 

Pelupessey

Bannan

Onomah

 

Reach

 

Nuhiu 

Fletcher

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So shaw on the bench a realistic option or there on work experience. I really just do not understand the manager. 

 

Fox playing instead of Penney and no pace in the team. Nuihu shown nothing to warrant a place for me, I rather Preston get a change than Nuihu at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That can only be 442. No other option. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

4-4-2?

I thought that but as we have no wingers, probably 532....going to be a long afternoon of defending and booting the ball long to an isolated strike partnership, while we watch them have the run of the park in our half while we defend the 18 yeard box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, striker said:

I thought that but as we have no wingers, probably 532....going to be a long afternoon of defending and booting the ball long to an isolated strike partnership, while we watch them have the run of the park in our half while we defend the 18 yeard box

 

Palmer and Fox as our marauding fullbacks. :laugh:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

4-3-1-2?

 

Dawson

 

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Fox

 

Pelupessey

Bannan

Onomah

 

Reach

 

Nuhiu 

Fletcher

 

So long as Jos has installed some discipline and understanding of what he wants into them since mid-week then this is probably as strong a line up that we can field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Owlstalk prediction - can't win situation, meltdown should we lose to an in form team, should we win the doom sayers wait until the next loss until the climb back out of their hiding places. Usual scapegoats should we win or lose.

 

We're going to finish mid table. We're going to lose to teams we think we should beat, we're going to win when we think we should lose. That's the championship.

 

Predicting a high scoring game, heart says 3-2 us head says loss

 

The fact that Tufty has got a Sheffield United team half a division higher than it ought to be is also an important factor.

 

Jos will inevitably be compared to him.

 

And thus far, he compares unfavourably.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No disrespect at all to the kids on the bench, but if Jos can’t motivate the likes of Hutchinson, Boyd, Abdi, Jones, Westwood etc to give us 20 minutes of football then the bloke is in the wrong job. 

 

Thats c £6.5m worth of wages sat at home doing absolutely nothing. It’s getting to the point with me where I’m seriously thinking of not renewing after 35 consecutive years. The shameful waste of money needs to be addressed and I’m reluctant to support it anymore. 

  • Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

So long as Jos has installed some discipline and understanding of what he wants into them since mid-week then this is probably as strong a line up that we can field.

 

Yep, it's not always the line up or tactics that can explain away some of our performances though. It's attitude. How we sometimes don't bother to get into the opposition, close down, look like winning 1st and 2nd balls. That seems to happen at times no matter whether we are 352, 433, 442, 4231 etc. Also our chopping and changing won't help the team at all anyway. Over the season we've changed so much in terms of our tactics and formation and personnel. Injuries, just like last year disrupt us hugely. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...