Birmingham -V- Wednesday 18 OMDT

Owlstalk prediction - can't win situation, meltdown should we lose to an in form team, should we win the doom sayers wait until the next loss until the climb back out of their hiding places. Usual scapegoats should we win or lose.

We're going to finish mid table. We're going to lose to teams we think we should beat, we're going to win when we think we should lose. That's the championship.

Predicting a high scoring game, heart says 3-2 us head says loss

So shaw on the bench a realistic option or there on work experience. I really just do not understand the manager. 

Fox playing instead of Penney and no pace in the team. Nuihu shown nothing to warrant a place for me, I rather Preston get a change than Nuihu at the moment.

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

4-4-2?

I thought that but as we have no wingers, probably 532....going to be a long afternoon of defending and booting the ball long to an isolated strike partnership, while we watch them have the run of the park in our half while we defend the 18 yeard box

Just now, striker said:

I thought that but as we have no wingers, probably 532....going to be a long afternoon of defending and booting the ball long to an isolated strike partnership, while we watch them have the run of the park in our half while we defend the 18 yeard box

Palmer and Fox as our marauding fullbacks. :laugh:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Owlstalk prediction - can't win situation, meltdown should we lose to an in form team, should we win the doom sayers wait until the next loss until the climb back out of their hiding places. Usual scapegoats should we win or lose.

We're going to finish mid table. We're going to lose to teams we think we should beat, we're going to win when we think we should lose. That's the championship.

Predicting a high scoring game, heart says 3-2 us head says loss

The fact that Tufty has got a Sheffield United team half a division higher than it ought to be is also an important factor.

Jos will inevitably be compared to him.

And thus far, he compares unfavourably.

No disrespect at all to the kids on the bench, but if Jos can’t motivate the likes of Hutchinson, Boyd, Abdi, Jones, Westwood etc to give us 20 minutes of football then the bloke is in the wrong job. 

Thats c £6.5m worth of wages sat at home doing absolutely nothing. It’s getting to the point with me where I’m seriously thinking of not renewing after 35 consecutive years. The shameful waste of money needs to be addressed and I’m reluctant to support it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

So long as Jos has installed some discipline and understanding of what he wants into them since mid-week then this is probably as strong a line up that we can field.

Yep, it's not always the line up or tactics that can explain away some of our performances though. It's attitude. How we sometimes don't bother to get into the opposition, close down, look like winning 1st and 2nd balls. That seems to happen at times no matter whether we are 352, 433, 442, 4231 etc. Also our chopping and changing won't help the team at all anyway. Over the season we've changed so much in terms of our tactics and formation and personnel. Injuries, just like last year disrupt us hugely.