Are we as a club on a whole, just too nice!!

Before jos came in with the previous regime 

Under Carlos sums us up and is one of the reasons we're in this mess.!!

Sheffield wednesday - a NICE northern club. 

With a NICE honourable chap as owner, ,goes on about one big family. 

With NICE on the whole fans, few idiots, but generally good natured. 

With a NICE likeable manager,who's charming and says the right things (Carlos). 

With NICE neat tidy footballers... 

This was the problem for 3 years, we've just been too damn NICE!! for our own good, DC, was too nice and nieve and allowed advisors and hangers on have our pants down with transfers and contracts. 

Carlos signed nice, neat, tidy, very sporting footballers who weren't combative, outspoken or Fiery. 

Even when we the fans could see it all falling apart like a house of cards, we were too nice and still loved Carlos, wouldn't protest or openly complain (apart from on here). 

Thus were still left with a nieve chairman, who thinks he can just bumble along without the fans getting all upset and out on the pitch a leaderless bunch of nice guys who are good footballers, but don't have the mentality, drive or aggression to really dig in and get the job done when needed.

This also means a really hard job for jos and it does make you think he's looked at the squad and thought "oh dear lord what do I do with this lot" so has turned to the kids to look for some aggression power, pace and above all passion to get stuck in and play. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Thanks 3

Yes.

Generally speaking, we are a soft touch.

Even when we are decent (2015 - 2017), I'd suggest we are quite flaky and prone to getting bullied.

How often have we gone away from home and really put a team to the sword? Bullied them, outplayed them, over powered them?

Hate to say it, but for whatever reason, United when they're half decent (now, under Colin), always have that edge to them. 

Don't have to be nasty but watching Derby tonight it is about denying space, getting at the opposition and then using that pace and energy to go forward. Daft thing is the first season under Carlos we adopted the high press approach. To my utmost confusion we stopped doing that

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Blimey Corky, hasn't your malady lifted yet, it's been 24 hours!

Have a stiff drink! 

Ha ha .... just quoting the obvious and what most fans think.....have you gone back to blindly excepting the mess already??

5 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Ha ha .... just quoting the obvious and what most fans think.....have you gone back to blindly excepting the mess already??

I'm not blind to the mess. It's been quite apparent for about 2 years. 

But I'm not going to give myself high blood pressure about it when there's sweet Fanny Adams I can do about it!

Slouch into a comfy chair Hugh. Have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.

Relax. After all...

cup-of-tea-with-shortbread-cookie-cup-of

....We've got to do it all again on Saturday!

44 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Carlos seemed to do ok for 2 seasons with this nice squad. 

That's becouse, Westwood, Wallace, loovens and Hutch almost all four he inherited I think Wallace came just after carlos... Could do the nasty or not so sporting part of the game when needed.. How many of them play for us now?? 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not blind to the mess. It's been quite apparent for about 2 years. 

But I'm not going to give myself high blood pressure about it when there's sweet Fanny Adams I can do about it!

Slouch into a comfy chair Hugh. Have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.

Relax. After all...

cup-of-tea-with-shortbread-cookie-cup-of

....We've got to do it all again on Saturday!

Won’t give me high blood pressure!!.. learnt years ago ..as a club swfc take their loyal fans for granted.....we will sell out most away allocations...still turn when we are paying highest matchday tickets in the league....and are expected to just put up with it as always ......

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes.

Generally speaking, we are a soft touch.

Even when we are decent (2015 - 2017), I'd suggest we are quite flaky and prone to getting bullied.

How often have we gone away from home and really put a team to the sword? Bullied them, outplayed them, over powered them?

Hate to say it, but for whatever reason, United when they're half decent (now, under Colin), always have that edge to them. 

Exactly my point, even those first 2 seasons under Carlos when we played some great football, we'd go beat Newcastle, Derby or a villa, then proceed to drop points at a Barnsley, Bolton, Millwall or Burton becouse they'd get in our faces and bully us off our game. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Won’t give me high blood pressure!!.. learnt years ago ..as a club swfc take their loyal fans for granted.....we will sell out most away allocations...still turn when we are paying highest matchday tickets in the league....and are expected to just put up with it as always ......

That's the way of it.  Only option is to stay away. But... there's always the pull.