Nuhiu and Joao

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Joao is a super sub

Nuhiu is a super sub

both don't do enough over 90 mins to warrant a start.

But we only have 3 fit forwards, and one of them, Fletch, needs to be carefully managed.

If you look back you will see that Jos almost never starts Nuhiu or Fletch in consecutive games. 

Sadly he has no choice but to rotate. If he overplays one of our 3 current forwards we are in a dire mess. 

Nuhiu should never play another game for the club....play another midfielder, defender, coach, fan, steward, owt just not him

Joao needs to pull his finger out of his arse and get back to how he was earlier on in the season before Jos dropped him and played Nuhiu in front of him

Edited by dani_armo
  • Haha 1

Half the fans this time 18 months ago raging about our ridiculous glut of quality forwards while the rest of the side looked patchy. Funny how things turn about.

Nuhiu has always had the capacity to look a hero battler or absolute flaming garbage at the flip of a coin. Joao doesn’t yet know how to play 90min at this level. We’ve made him an impact sub and it’s all he understands IMO. He has to learn to write his story on a game in more than a 25min spell, and he keeps starting wayyyy too slow.

I feel he might yet figure it out but ffs he’s taking his sweet time. Honestly don’t believe he’s a lazy player though, I think he’s so far out of 90min rhythms he’s getting it badly wrong when he starts.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

But we only have 3 fit forwards, and one of them, Fletch, needs to be carefully managed.

If you look back you will see that Jos almost never starts Nuhiu or Fletch in consecutive games. 

Sadly he has no choice but to rotate. If he overplays one of our 3 current forwards we are in a dire mess. 

We miss Forestieri And Matias so much. 

Joao and Nuhiu are just so immobile when they are on the pitch together. we need lively people around them. 

May aswell go with midfielders up front at the moment as they are not linking with the midfield to join any attacks together at all.

I'm not buying this idea that they have both lost interest. I saw Reach play in what appeared to be a centre forward position against Stoke earlier in the season and I was appalled by his performance. Looking back he has since proved me wrong with better performance on the wing and I'll put the Stoke game down to poor service.

I've only got the 15 minutes extended highlights and the radio commentary to go on, but it's apparent in the first half especially, when all must admit we played well until the first goal we played possession football. Moving the ball forward slowly. Looks great, but on a small pitch in a 433 where did LJ and Nuhiu have to go? Reach had a quiet game also.

None of the front three are going to run the channels of we don't play balls into the channels. They were all playing with there back to goal, with the only service being balls into feet.

That's got to be tactical, and if we were able to keep a clean sheet it would have been good enough, and we might have nicked a goal.

The team problem is when we lose the ball, our players can't defend. I will critice all of the front three for the tracking back, but the back four and midfield were appalling also on each of the three goals.

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Joao 2 goals in last 2 starts.

Goal a game ratio still not good enough for our fans. 

You look at it that way if it makes you feel better - truth is he lacks the application to be a good player and must be massively frustrating to play with.  I swear some on here still think he's going to turn into a world-beater; give it up, it's not happening and we are stuck with him!

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Half the fans this time 18 months ago raging about our ridiculous glut of quality forwards while the rest of the side looked patchy. Funny how things turn about.

Nuhiu has always had the capacity to look a hero battler or absolute flaming garbage at the flip of a coin. Joao doesn’t yet know how to play 90min at this level. We’ve made him an impact sub and it’s all he understands IMO. He has to learn to write his story on a game in more than a 25min spell, and he keeps starting wayyyy too slow.

I feel he might yet figure it out but ffs he’s taking his sweet time. Honestly don’t believe he’s a lazy player though, I think he’s so far out of 90min rhythms he’s getting it badly wrong when he starts.

Very good point about Joao, probably another case of mismanagement

9 hours ago, NYowl said:

Don't bank on Winnal coming in being the saviour. It's the slow sideways passing  system that we are playing this season that is making the forwards look worse than they are. Defences are organised and the forwards are markedup when the receive the ball.

Currently we have

Nuhiu looks like a carthorse

Joaoa looks like Bambi

Fletcher looks like a hamster running like mad on a wheel but getting nowhere

Reach Hibernating for 75 minutes per game

They are not all that bad.

Have to agree. Our current play style is not getting the best out of these players.

Look at Jordan Rhodes, he looked completely lost in our system last year, and is now banging them in at Norwich.

LJ has always shown glimpses of talent but is generally lazy. Nuhiu generally works hard but has limited talent. 

Personally I’d have looked to move both out the door. Giving Nuhiu a new contract on the back of a few good games at the end of last season, whilst ignoring how bad he’s been for several years prior was just stupid. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The more I see them on the pitch, the more I’m starting to resent them. I can forgive lack of quality for effort, but having watched the extended highlights and watching these 2 useless lumps walking around the pitch for 90 minutes, my blood is about to boil 

I’ve said it all season with Joao, but the way he applies himself on a football pitch is an absolute disgrace, and I would have had shot of him a long time ago. He reminds me of Marko Arnautovic at West Ham with his languid style, however Arnautovic can get away with strutting around as he’s a class footballer who can hold up the ball, link play and score quality goals. Joao is a good finisher, but can’t hold the ball up, can’t link play, isn’t strong, doesn’t even attempt to run the channels or play on the shoulder. Nuhiu, well I’ve learnt to find his flaws endearing, but he should NEVER start a game for this club 

My god I can’t wait to have different options upfront. Can’t wait for Winnall to come back, he may not be the answer but he can’t be any worse than watching these two 

spot on.Joao,dont know whats happened with him,Nuhui never been good enough,Winnall is an upgrade for certain

nuhiu as his uses though not sure he should be starting games and doubt that he would if we had our full compliment of strikers ….he's a handy bloke to have if your hanging on under the cosh away from home coz he can do a good job both defensively at set pieces and holding the ball killing time up front . …..

don't normally like jumping on players backs as we have to accept where we are a club, bad runs & poor performances are normal, especially for a young, mid-table team going through a transitional period, however I agree with the OP about Joao & Nuihu, both were a disgrace on Tuesday night, I'd drop both for Fletch & Reach (just behind) on Saturday.

Bit harsh saying Atdhe shouldn't start another game again. 

16 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The more I see them on the pitch, the more I’m starting to resent them. I can forgive lack of quality for effort, but having watched the extended highlights and watching these 2 useless lumps walking around the pitch for 90 minutes, my blood is about to boil 

I’ve said it all season with Joao, but the way he applies himself on a football pitch is an absolute disgrace, and I would have had shot of him a long time ago. He reminds me of Marko Arnautovic at West Ham with his languid style, however Arnautovic can get away with strutting around as he’s a class footballer who can hold up the ball, link play and score quality goals. Joao is a good finisher, but can’t hold the ball up, can’t link play, isn’t strong, doesn’t even attempt to run the channels or play on the shoulder. Nuhiu, well I’ve learnt to find his flaws endearing, but he should NEVER start a game for this club 

My god I can’t wait to have different options upfront. Can’t wait for Winnall to come back, he may not be the answer but he can’t be any worse than watching these two 

It seems like an Eternity since the last time winnall was in a Wednesday shirt, but the one thing I remember was aggression and effort, like Nuhiu and jaoa he may have his weaknesses, but you couldn't fault the lad for his effort and willingness to try and get on the end of things, reminds me a bit of Andy Booth in that respect. 

11 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

You look at it that way if it makes you feel better - truth is he lacks the application to be a good player and must be massively frustrating to play with.  I swear some on here still think he's going to turn into a world-beater; give it up, it's not happening and we are stuck with him!

Reminds me a bit of Paolo wanchope, with that wierd languid running style and as if the balls never really under his full control which can be a nightmare to defend against or read. 

My problem with him is I don't think like a few others he has the mentality to play week in week out with the pressure of this level.. Dosent react in the right way when he's bullied, pushed around or given no time by defenders he tends to go missing instead of pushing back or picking up the pace of what he's doing. 

17 hours ago, twolaptops said:

So if Jos is consistent NEITHER will be selected next time

Depends whether you think Fletcher can play the lone striker role.

Forestieri injured

Matias injured

Winnall injured

Hooper injured.

Rhodes loaned out.

And I was the one who thought we had too many strikers back in August.