Nuhiu and Joao

The more I see them on the pitch, the more I’m starting to resent them. I can forgive lack of quality for effort, but having watched the extended highlights and watching these 2 useless lumps walking around the pitch for 90 minutes, my blood is about to boil 

I’ve said it all season with Joao, but the way he applies himself on a football pitch is an absolute disgrace, and I would have had shot of him a long time ago. He reminds me of Marko Arnautovic at West Ham with his languid style, however Arnautovic can get away with strutting around as he’s a class footballer who can hold up the ball, link play and score quality goals. Joao is a good finisher, but can’t hold the ball up, can’t link play, isn’t strong, doesn’t even attempt to run the channels or play on the shoulder. Nuhiu, well I’ve learnt to find his flaws endearing, but he should NEVER start a game for this club 

My god I can’t wait to have different options upfront. Can’t wait for Winnall to come back, he may not be the answer but he can’t be any worse than watching these two 

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The more I see them on the pitch, the more I’m starting to resent them. I can forgive lack of quality for effort, but having watched the extended highlights and watching these 2 useless lumps walking around the pitch for 90 minutes, my blood is about to boil 

I’ve said it all season with Joao, but the way he applies himself on a football pitch is an absolute disgrace, and I would have had shot of him a long time ago. He reminds me of Marko Arnautovic at West Ham with his languid style, however Arnautovic can get away with strutting around as he’s a class footballer who can hold up the ball, link play and score quality goals. Joao is a good finisher, but can’t hold the ball up, can’t link play, isn’t strong, doesn’t even attempt to run the channels or play on the shoulder. Nuhiu, well I’ve learnt to find his flaws endearing, but he should NEVER start a game for this club 

My god I can’t wait to have different options upfront. Can’t wait for Winnall to come back, he may not be the answer but he can’t be any worse than watching these two 

The highlighted bit is spot on but it is nothing new. Get him in and around the penalty area and he will score goals but playing him in a wide role in a front 3 and having him not get anywhere near getting in scoring positions is futile. 

Don't know what to say about Nuhiu last night, barely put a foot right yet on Friday he had a positive impact in the few minutes he was used for.

As for the last bit, I wouldn't hold your breath, the new injury will make those in charge even more cautious with his return, likely to be at least a couple of

weeks from involvement with the under 23's and then 3 games for them before he is considered for the 1st team bench.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The highlighted bit is spot on but it is nothing new. Get him in and around the penalty area and he will score goals but playing him in a wide role in a front 3 and having him not get anywhere near getting in scoring positions is futile. 

Don't know what to say about Nuhiu last night, barely put a foot right yet on Friday he had a positive impact in the few minutes he was used for.

As for the last bit, I wouldn't hold your breath, the new injury will make those in charge even more cautious with his return, likely to be at least a couple of

weeks from involvement with the under 23's and then 3 games for them before he is considered for the 1st team bench.

Hoping the fact Winnall has already 2 played 2 U23 games, will mean he doesn't have to play another 3 as well.

I disagree slightly, I don’t know if it came across as much on the telly but due to his position Joao was doing a lot of work running back into the full back area more often than not. 

His hold up play was poor, but playing him in the “wide forward” position is a waste of what he is.

Nuhiu is what he is. He looks terrible a lot of times because of his sloth like pace. However his all round game was terrible last night 

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Hoping the fact Winnall has already 2 played 2 U23 games, will mean he doesn't have to play another 3 as well.

Given that he picked up another injury in doing so and will now need rest and rehab from this, I think that given our current approach it is more than likely that he will have to have another spell with the young uns when he gets over this current injury.

12 minutes ago, torres said:

When they played together as a proper 2 upfront last season they looked good and complimented each other - so why change that??

It was towards the end of the season, most clubs were on the beach, and probably couldn’t be arseed wrestling around with a 6ft 6in lump lol 

Don't bank on Winnal coming in being the saviour. It's the slow sideways passing  system that we are playing this season that is making the forwards look worse than they are. Defences are organised and the forwards are markedup when the receive the ball.

Currently we have

Nuhiu looks like a carthorse

Joaoa looks like Bambi

Fletcher looks like a hamster running like mad on a wheel but getting nowhere

Reach Hibernating for 75 minutes per game

They are not all that bad.

Guest Bulgaria
34 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Spot on.

joao is not playing well at the minute, but you have to bear in mind that when he is up front with nuhiu, he is alongside possibly the biggest numpty ive ever seen in a Wednesday shirt, his goals at the back end of last season was the worst thing to happen to this club in the cc era, because we kept him, he shouldn't be allowed to own football boots

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, clampyowl said:

joao is not playing well at the minute, but you have to bear in mind that when he is up front with nuhiu, he is alongside possibly the biggest numpty ive ever seen in a Wednesday shirt, his goals at the back end of last season was the worst thing to happen to this club in the cc era, because we kept him, he shouldn't be allowed to own football boots

Joaos best goal runs have come when directly partnered with Nuhiu. 

And vice-versa.  

I think it's more to do with Joao being asked to drop in and drop wide that's the issue. As it is with the central striker becoming isolated rather than them as a pairing. Which when done directly can be effective. 

Both suffered last night and neither looked anywhere capable as a result.

Carry on.

1 hour ago, NYowl said:

Don't bank on Winnal coming in being the saviour. It's the slow sideways passing  system that we are playing this season that is making the forwards look worse than they are. Defences are organised and the forwards are markedup when the receive the ball.

Currently we have

Nuhiu is a cart horse and has been since we signed him, bar a purple patch when he needed a new contract. 

Joaoa looks like Bambi

Corrected. I'm really starting to despise Nuhiu, as he is lazy and poor at his job but getting very well paid to be so. 

2 hours ago, NYowl said:

Currently we have

Nuhiu looks like a carthorse

Joaoa looks like Bambi

Agreed