Jos you are the MANAGER so manage all the players at your disposal and play your best players

You have my support whilst you are in charge but why not show us your real man management skills and make use of ALL your best resources.  We have some key players who are top 6 quality but for whatever reason you won’t use them ahead of what were previously reserves or squad players - FF vs Matias, Hutch vs Thorniley and of course Westwood vs Dawson.  Can we even expect Hooper & Lee (if they ever actually recover) to actually be included?  You are deliberately  trying to do the job with one hand behind your back.  We have undoubted quality in the squad so why not show that you know how to blend experience and skill with youth and energy.  Until you can show you are up to it we are mid table at absolute best.  Still loyal and supportive but Very disappointing.  Unfortunately as a lifelong Owl this isnt a surprise!

3 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

You have my support whilst you are in charge but why not show us your real man management skills and make use of ALL your best resources.  We have some key players who are top 6 quality but for whatever reason you won’t use them ahead of what were previously reserves or squad players - FF vs Matias, Hutch vs Thorniley and of course Westwood vs Dawson.  Can we even expect Hooper & Lee (if they ever actually recover) to actually be included?  You are deliberately  trying to do the job with one hand behind your back.  We have undoubted quality in the squad so why not show that you know how to blend experience and skill with youth and energy.  Until you can show you are up to it we are mid table at absolute best.  Still loyal and supportive but Very disappointing.  Unfortunately as a lifelong Owl this isnt a surprise!

Man management means managing all members of a business or team to get the best results.

Having man management skills does not mean complying with everyone else's point of view or theories on what are or are not the team or businesses best resources.

Just saying like :picnic:

9 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

what you think are the best players maybe doesn't equate to what jos thinks ……..he'll pick what he thinks is the team to do the job on the day ,sometimes he'll get it right sometimes not …..lees,FF,hutch,fletcher would always be in my team but I wouldn't be calling jos out for not picking them .he'll have a plan me I just want my favourites in . 

50 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

Some things maybe be out of his control with certain players .

52 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

Im sure he is probably doing thisbin his opinion. I doubt he fields a weak team in order not to win a game

31 minutes ago, NYowl said:

This, I wouldn't be suprised if some of the big earners have already been told that they won't figure in the team. in the hope they will sort something out and get themselves off the wage bill asap.

Why would they?

Lets be honest, who will take a punt on Hutch?

Maybe the "Westwood" problem is well known in football circles, although we are in the dark about it, who's gonna outlay to take that on...?

Abdi...most will now say ...Who?

Hooper, injured...and injury prone

Maybe these "Big earners" have no options...and thats the problem

41 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Why would they?

Lets be honest, who will take a punt on Hutch?

Maybe the "Westwood" problem is well known in football circles, although we are in the dark about it, who's gonna outlay to take that on...?

Abdi...most will now say ...Who?

Hooper, injured...and injury prone

Maybe these "Big earners" have no options...and thats the problem

Agree with Abdi and probably Hutchinson

Westwood,  Boyd, Hooper and Jones I would imagine will be looking to get contracts and it may be easier for them to get a contract with another club in January rather than waiting for the mass exodus in the summer.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Think we're mid table at best whether Jos is up to it or not to be honest. 

I agree with this - a mid table finish would be a hell of a result

Guest Kagoshimaowl

So these best players would mean both Hutch and Westwood start next game. Will never happen so Jos out for me.

Team should be

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Hutchinson

Penney

Pelupessy

Bannan

Onomah 

Reach

Fletcher

Subs: Wildsmith, Thorniley, Pudil (Fox if not fit), Abdi, Boyd, Nuhiu, Joao

Stop giving this bull crap about being ‘training ‘ fit but not match fit. The two kids who ARE good enough stay in the squad and the others go back where they belong. Guaranteed better results 

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

I dont think going on about It is going to change Jos mind, a decision has been made and wants a younger squad.

Not saying some of the players mentioned have not done well for us but sometimes absence makes them seen better than they were or how much contribution they were actually able to make between injuries.

At some point you've got to give young players time and rather see Dawson, Thornily, Baker, Penney etc develop who should be the future of the club rather than watch someone run down their contact just because of how much they earn (recruitment decisions notwithstanding and is a different discussion).

We are going to be inconsistent and do bang on about It but think Jos needs to commit to a system, moving young players round the pitch doesn't help consistency. Perhaps less about trying to be tactically clever all the time trying to confuse the opposition and have confidence in our players to play their game and win individual battles.

59 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So these best players would mean both Hutch and Westwood start next game. Will never happen so Jos out for me.

Team should be

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Hutchinson

Penney

Pelupessy

Bannan

Onomah 

Reach

Fletcher

Subs: Wildsmith, Thorniley, Pudil (Fox if not fit), Abdi, Boyd, Nuhiu, Joao

Stop giving this bull crap about being ‘training ‘ fit but not match fit. The two kids who ARE good enough stay in the squad and the others go back where they belong. Guaranteed better results 

not a bad sid that bud