He simply cannot win with some ...

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

We haven't improved under him. Some of the wins weren't even convincing, always let a late one in to make it nervy.

Losses will happen but it's the manner of them, showing no fight and looking like they haven't been coached are unacceptable.

Bundesliga 2 is no championship. 

I think it's difficult to improve when you cant sign any players, to try and mount some sort of challenge with the hand he's been dealt is nigh on impossible with the lack of funds and the injuries to key players  .I honestly think if we tread water this season and match last years position then he'll have done as well as can be expected …...his introduction of playing young lads like wildsmith, dawson,penney,thorniley will benefit the club in the long run more so than playing the likes of those that will be leaving at the end of the season for zero return on what we have invested in them . that's got to be  a massive positive & improvement .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I think it's difficult to improve when you cant sign any players, to try and mount some sort of challenge with the hand he's been dealt is nigh on impossible with the lack of funds and the injuries to key players  .I honestly think if we tread water this season and match last years position then he'll have done as well as can be expected …...his introduction of playing young lads like wildsmith, dawson,penney,thorniley will benefit the club in the long run more so than playing the likes of those that will be leaving at the end of the season for zero return on what we have invested in them . that's got to be  a massive positive & improvement .

Jos giving youth a chance is great, I commend him for that. As I said in another post, perhaps had we been given the expectation of rebuilding the side then mid table would be fine and I'd be ok with that. It's just the performances that get me and that defence at times is horrific. Not what you want to see with a certain game around the corner. 

all these giving him stick are mostly the same ones who got stuck into carlos with there" he signed crap aging crocks and blew all our money" ...well jos as inherited those aging crocks but sadly for him none of the money to replace them . ….it's easy to say he's poo but no ones come with a valid reason of how he can make the situation better . they could sack him today but I doubt the poor sap they get in would do any better with what we have at the moment 

9 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Fans want to put more effort into complaining about the effort some players aren't putting in, the previous incumbents absolutely garbage transfer policy and signings and refusal to sign aggressive ball winners and the man at the very top for financial mishandling of incredible proportions and for hoodwinking many fans into believing he's a nice guy with a real fondness for this club and that knows what he's doing ...

What a complete clusterfuck we are at the moment ...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Jos giving youth a chance is great, I commend him for that. As I said in another post, perhaps had we been given the expectation of rebuilding the side then mid table would be fine and I'd be ok with that. It's just the performances that get me and that defence at times is horrific. Not what you want to see with a certain game around the corner. 

what can he do if his captain gives the ball away with suicidal back pass, he then drops him only for  his experienced centre back to give away 2 goals with stupid mistakes like hector did last night ...i'm sure he drills and drills them but if they keep making individual mistakes then no matter how much he practices with them there going to keep conceding.i'm sure he love to have 4million to spend on a new centre back perhaps 2 million on a right back but he aint going to get it so as to go with what we have and hope they stop fouling up .  ….

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We did start well, in terms of controlling the ball but, and this is my main gripe, only once threaded an incisive ball into the area. This was the one when Joao slid the ball in to Nuhiu, who really should have scored. For all our midfield dominance in that first half, we rarely played the ball forward It was mainly sideways or backwards. A commentator said during the Boro game that, we’ve created the least penalty area chances in the division For a side that was able to field a midfield quartet of Onomah, Pelupessy, Bannan and Reach, against QPR, that is wee wee poor. We are stifled by our own tactics here.

It's a good point, very rarely do we get in behind and always in front of the opposition. Noticed Hector splitting the lines in the early stages to bypass midfield but were devoid of anything worthwhile the final third.

7 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

We didn't have a problem playing out from the back cos it largely involves Bannan coming to collect it. The problem is, we're then reliant on Bannan picking out a sublime pass to someone who has found space (doesn't happen very often) or someone else dropping between the front line and midfield to break up the next lines. Hooper and Lee would do this and they're shagged. Onomah I thought would do this, but this hasn't happened yet. The result it we just end up playing a ball to a marked man in little space and the "attack" breaks down. At the other end, we just don't seem capable of picking up runners and the opposites find it very easy to find space.

Yes, you're right.

The same thing happened a couple of seasons ago when Hutchinson was sitting in front of the CBs and Bannan had to come to collect it.

As we can't hit it long to a pacey forward, as we don't have one, we need Hooper to maintain possession up front, and Lee's impulsion into the box.

What you say is perfectly true, and maybe I should have said passing it around at the back, or trying to play football in the wrong areas.

That would have been a better description.

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, you're right.

The same thing happened a couple of seasons ago when Hutchinson was sitting in front of the CBs and Bannan had to come to collect it.

As we can't hit it long to a pacey forward, as we don't have one, we need Hooper to maintain possession up front, and Lee's impulsion into the box.

What you say is perfectly true, and maybe I should have said passing it around at the back, or trying to play football in the wrong areas.

That would have been a better description.

Well we do lack pace yes, but we don’t utilise the pace we do have. Last night our approach play pretty much always ended with someone playing the ball into Joao with his back to goal What’s wrong with the ball down the side for him to run onto. All his goals come from when he’s running towards goal. The only clever ball into a dangerous area, was the one Joao played himself, and Nuhiu should have scored.