He simply cannot win with some ...

27 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Picking his best keeper would be a start.

Who but Jostle would relegate probably the best keeper in the division into third place?

That's a hanging offence in itself.

Then there's the matter of attempting to play a brand of football at the back which we're unsuited to playing.

I bet Tufty thinks all his birthdays have come at once.

Tad harsh :Pelupessy:

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

I mean that a defence has to have confidence in its keeper, to pass with assurance.

Uncertainty between the sticks generally begets uncertainty in the defenders.

Nervousness is infectious.

And if your defenders are only capabale of passing shittily, then it's probably a good idea not to play that way in the first place.

Might carry more weight if it was only the defenders who couldn't even pass the fuckingparcel like at times last night.

Some being fans of rival clubs and your typical internet trolls that have long hair, earphones stuck in listening to death metal, wear black hoodies or those jumpers with straps and buckled up the sleeves? Seen it all before mate, I just laugh at them and I’ll always be at least 30 moves ahead of them

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Might carry more weight if it was only the defenders who couldn't even pass the fuckingparcel like at times last night.

That's true, and I just think it spreads through the team.

Playing out from the back can be very effective if you have the personnel to play it.

The problem is that we don't, and that goes for most teams in this country.

5 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Some being fans of rival clubs and your typical internet trolls that have long hair, earphones stuck in listening to death metal, wear black hoodies or those jumpers with straps and buckled up the sleeves? Seen it all before mate, I just laugh at them and I’ll always be at least 30 moves ahead of them

WTF:

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Playing out from the back can be very effective if you have the personnel to play it.

It's become an Owlstalk myth.

I agree in general that most British defenders aren't as good on the ball as their continental brethren.

What do United do?  Does Chrissy tell his defenders to hit it long everytime?

41 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

As the commentator said last night, our team still has talented players.  Bannan, Reach, Onomah, Joao, Hector, Fletcher, Pudil, in my opinion these players would get into that QPR side if they had them. The problems are caused by the wrong systems or tactics or motivation. 

I don't think it's systems or tactics I think it's confidence, self belief and motivation.

45 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

As the commentator said last night, our team still has talented players.  Bannan, Reach, Onomah, Joao, Hector, Fletcher, Pudil, in my opinion these players would get into that QPR side if they had them. The problems are caused by the wrong systems or tactics or motivation. 

We have the players.

If we aren't getting the results it's got to be down to the manager.

Fans can't be blamed at all. No good manger would listen to the moans of fans.

Imo he is chopping and changing too much. 

But that's just my opinion

Thought we actually started ok last night, looked comfortable in possession, kept the ball and tried to make forward passes. 

Nuhiu and Joao were woeful, nothing was sticking and after their first goal (against the  run of play) seemed to lose confidence in playing the ball forward.

Second half was just clueless, players had no direction and substitutions too late. 

Defensively, thought Hector and Pudil did well, Baker did ok and Fox was at least not terrible. 

From Jos point of view, Fletcher needs to play, stop playing Penney further forward, when he came in and  looked good at LB (since weeing about using him as a winger and striker he's looked lost) and way too slow to make changes last night.

I don't think he is in trouble of losing his job with DC, nor should he be but needs to stop dicking about and commit to a formation and first 11.  The last two defeats have taught us this against teams with a settled way of play and starting 11.

The concerning thing for me us that he will probably use last night as justification to revert to 7 at the back on Saturday, in which case jos will start to lose some goodwill with me as I find this frustrating.

That said Birmingham and Norwich difficult games and a loss to the blunts may raise cause for concern amongst the moderate fan base, if not DC. 

Only 3 games ago we were generally applauding a very strong (bar the last 10 mins) performance against West Brom. This without Bannan who allegedly makes us tick.

Inconsistency by individuals on the pitch is our failing. One game we look like top 6 material, the next a pub team.

Historically our strongest teams have not necessarily contained brilliant players, but have had 11 who played as a team and at the top of their ability range. This group of players have individual ability which far exceeds some our previous successful teams. It is the managers job to get that performance level more often. JL is not achieving that but has shown he can. He needs to take a long hard look at what he needs to do to get them playing well every week and we should be fine.

As a group of supporters we need to cut down on the post match drama and support our club.

8 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Fans call for Lees to be rested  - Lees benched - uproar when we concede goals

Fans ask for 4.3.3 - plays 4.3.3 - tactics and formation called into question, called clueless and negative.

Fans ask him to jump around on the sidelines and show some pashun!!! - stands there quiet and is accused of being boring and having no personality

Gives his reasoning why Westwood won't be playing and that Dawson is number 1 and will be a fine keeper in years to come. Fans on both the player and managers back with every goal conceded.

It goes on and on and on ....

Fans want to put more effort into complaining about the effort some players aren't putting in, the previous incumbents absolutely garbage transfer policy and signings and refusal to sign aggressive ball winners and the man at the very top for financial mishandling of incredible proportions and for hoodwinking many fans into believing he's a nice guy with a real fondness for this club and that knows what he's doing ...

What a compete clusterfuck we are at the moment ...

it's not a problem the stick he gets on here i'd be more worried when the Hillsboro crowd turn on him and there's been no sign of that happening yet …...it's tough post for him to try and turn a club around without being able to buy players ,the horrendous injury problems ,trying to introduce young players with the inherent trait that young players make mistakes while they learn. ……..I think "he simply cannot win "is a good phrase for jos coz everything is certainly stacked against him but imo I think he's making a pretty good fist of it so far .  

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Team preparation is the usually responsibility of the head coach. Motivation, tactics, practice and confidence are a pre-requisite to training. Anyone who crosses the white line "hoping for the best" has not had the correct preparation. Whether Jos has addressed this or not is down to speculation or opinion.

42 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We didn't have a problem playing out from the back cos it largely involves Bannan coming to collect it. The problem is, we're then reliant on Bannan picking out a sublime pass to someone who has found space (doesn't happen very often) or someone else dropping between the front line and midfield to break up the next lines. Hooper and Lee would do this and they're shagged. Onomah I thought would do this, but this hasn't happened yet. The result it we just end up playing a ball to a marked man in little space and the "attack" breaks down. At the other end, we just don't seem capable of picking up runners and the opposites find it very easy to find space.

34 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought we actually started ok last night, looked comfortable in possession, kept the ball and tried to make forward passes. 

Nuhiu and Joao were woeful, nothing was sticking and after their first goal (against the  run of play) seemed to lose confidence in playing the ball forward.

Second half was just clueless, players had no direction and substitutions too late. 

Defensively, thought Hector and Pudil did well, Baker did ok and Fox was at least not terrible. 

From Jos point of view, Fletcher needs to play, stop playing Penney further forward, when he came in and  looked good at LB (since weeing about using him as a winger and striker he's looked lost) and way too slow to make changes last night.

I don't think he is in trouble of losing his job with DC, nor should he be but needs to stop dicking about and commit to a formation and first 11.  The last two defeats have taught us this against teams with a settled way of play and starting 11.

The concerning thing for me us that he will probably use last night as justification to revert to 7 at the back on Saturday, in which case jos will start to lose some goodwill with me as I find this frustrating.

That said Birmingham and Norwich difficult games and a loss to the blunts may raise cause for concern amongst the moderate fan base, if not DC. 

We did start well, in terms of controlling the ball but, and this is my main gripe, only once threaded an incisive ball into the area. This was the one when Joao slid the ball in to Nuhiu, who really should have scored. For all our midfield dominance in that first half, we rarely played the ball forward It was mainly sideways or backwards. A commentator said during the Boro game that, we’ve created the least penalty area chances in the division For a side that was able to field a midfield quartet of Onomah, Pelupessy, Bannan and Reach, against QPR, that is wee wee poor. We are stifled by our own tactics here.