Young team needs support right now

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

That's not true. DC said at the time the fans wanted Rhodes too. DC put his faith in CC for right or wrong. Rhodes would have been a fabulous signature if the team created chances for him

You've just contradicted yourself bud?? 

You just said DC said the fans wanted Rhodes too??. Validating my point he blamed us in part for signing him. 

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The manager’s put them in there, it’s his job to protect them. If he can’t, it doesn’t say a great deal about his qualities as a manager.

That's crazy.penney and thorniley was rested today and look at the result. Jos had limited options. It's some fans who have caused more loss of confidence. Look at the Westwood and Dawson situation. Just because Dawson has no clean sheet then Westwood is best keeper in the world. Fact is he been poor since 2017

disappointing performance & result tonight but i'd have taken being  2 points outside the play off places  and 9 pts above the bottom 3 after 14 games so not too disgruntled …..we all know this squad at full strength probably isn't good enough to mount a challenge and  with so many missing for a variety of reasons I think we've done pretty good to be where we are . 

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

You've just contradicted yourself bud?? 

You just said DC said the fans wanted Rhodes too??. Validating my point he blamed us in part for signing him. 

No I haven't. DC has never blamed fans for Rhodes. If u can't see the difference between the chairman doing what we wanted and the club signing some one who the fans thought was a good signing. Watch the footage. No blame was placed on the fans. DC accepted responsibility but added at the time the fans thought he was a good addition

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

disappointing performance & result tonight but i'd have taken being  2 points outside the play off places  and 9 pts above the bottom 3 after 14 games so not too disgruntled …..we all know this squad at full strength probably isn't good enough to mount a challenge and  with so many missing for a variety of reasons I think we've done pretty good to be where we are . 

I agree. Last thing we need is our young players to lose confidence now and fans get on their backs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

No I haven't. DC has never blamed fans for Rhodes. If u can't see the difference between the chairman doing what we wanted and the club signing some one who the fans thought was a good signing. Watch the footage. No blame was placed on the fans. DC accepted responsibility but added at the time the fans thought he was a good addition

Don't know how long you've been on here bud, but I'm sure if you dig through some of those from last year you'll find quite a few meltdown threads about DC blaming the fans for the Rhodes signing and hounding CC out including his club statement around last Christmas time after Carlos resigned. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

I think the turn out, and singing at the end, shows that the fans are doing their bit. Me, I’m not part of the Jos out brigade, but both him, and the players need to step up There was enough experience, and talent in that side tonight, not to be beaten 3-0 by QPR

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I don't think the majority will …..

Back the manager and players and they will keep improving. When fans question there selection confidence and improvement will seep away. Dawson thorniley Penney baker Preston wildsmith rice borukov and a  few others are the only hope due to ffp 

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Don't know how long you've been on here bud, but I'm sure if you dig through some of those from last year you'll find quite a few meltdown threads about DC blaming the fans for the Rhodes signing and hounding CC out including his club statement around last Christmas time after Carlos resigned. 

I seen it. Because people on owlstalk say it does not mean that it's true.  I was there. DC struggled with translation. I spoke to him personally after. He said although he listens to fans he will never blame them for a decision that is his responsibility. He asked me if I thought Rhodes was a good signing before he signed and I said yes. DC replied most fans say the same. But the  fact it has not gone as well as it could is not the fans fault. 

Jos has been dealt a tough hand but I’m losing faith with him.

Kirby, Preston, Baker (and one of Dawson or Wildsmith) should really be out on loan in league 1 and 2 gaining experience as pro footballers. They’re not ready for the championship.

Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones and Boyd not even being selected in the squad when they’re fit is a mystery to me.

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Jos has been dealt a tough hand but I’m losing faith with him.

Kirby, Preston, Baker (and one of Dawson or Wildsmith) should really be out on loan in league 1 and 2 gaining experience as pro footballers. They’re not ready for the championship.

Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones and Boyd not even being selected in the squad when they’re fit is a mystery to me.

Boyd Jones both no better than who playing at moment. Hutchinson saying he fit is not what jos says is fit. Westwood has been noticeable getting worse since 2017. If any of these players was deserving of a place in the team they would be picked. Fans must have faith that Jos has a much better position and knowledge than them to judge the best players. It amazes me how fans who only see players perform for 90 mins a week at best think they a better judge of who is the best players 

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Boyd Jones both no better than who playing at moment. Hutchinson saying he fit is not what jos says is fit. Westwood has been noticeable getting worse since 2017. If any of these players was deserving of a place in the team they would be picked. Fans must have faith that Jos has a much better position and knowledge than them to judge the best players. It amazes me how fans who only see players perform for 90 mins a week at best think they a better judge of who is the best players 

I’m not a big fan of Boyd or Jones but they should be on the bench ahead of Kirby and Preston. If Jones comes on against West Brom when we’re 2-0 up we’d probably see that game out. 

We wouldn’t lose 3-0 at QPR with Westwood and Hutchinson in the team.

Do you think the performances this year have been good? 

41 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Back the manager and players and they will keep improving. When fans question there selection confidence and improvement will seep away. Dawson thorniley Penney baker Preston wildsmith rice borukov and a  few others are the only hope due to ffp 

I seen it. Because people on owlstalk say it does not mean that it's true.  I was there. DC struggled with translation. I spoke to him personally after. He said although he listens to fans he will never blame them for a decision that is his responsibility. He asked me if I thought Rhodes was a good signing before he signed and I said yes. DC replied most fans say the same. But the  fact it has not gone as well as it could is not the fans fault. 

You seem to think I'm just attacking dc.. I'm not, I've no love for Carlos, I think he was too rigid with his approach, signed players to play in his preferred formation, then ditched it to play a 4-4-2 which didn't suit half of those he signed. what I was pointing out was that Both DC & Carlos were to blame for the situation we find ourselves in along with a few others in a decision making capacity at the club, but at the end of the day the abiding responsibility falls on the shoulders of the man in overall charge,like a general per say. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

You seem to think I'm just attacking dc.. I'm not, I've no love for Carlos, I think he was too rigid with his approach, signed players to play in his preferred formation, then ditched it to play a 4-4-2 which didn't suit half of those he signed. what I was pointing out was that Both DC & Carlos were to blame for the situation we find ourselves in along with a few others in a decision making capacity at the club, but at the end of the day the abiding responsibility falls on the shoulders of the man in overall charge,like a general per say. 

not at all. I answered your question regarding the misguided comment that dc blames supporters. DC has never shirked at being the decision maker "like a general" as you put it. As for CC and formations good players can play in and around there position in any formation. Fact is most of his signings are injury prone, the wrong age and on contracts to long. I dont think anyone can argue with the benefit of hindsight DC placed to much faith in CC. If only in DC hope of promotion.