Nuhiu

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

How has he reached double figures on two separate seasons if he isn’t at least inconsistent 

Read this how you please mate but look the words inconsistent and consistent up in the dictionary!!!! Consistency means playing week in week out and maintaining a level of performance not playing well once every 5/6 games.

Let me put it another way...Nuhiu scored his first goal for us in a year away at Ipswich in November 2017 (a FULL year), he then went a further 8 games until his next goal (Carlisle in the cup reply)...he then scored 4 in 6 throughout January 2018, he then went 9 games without a goal!!! can you see the pattern? He then had his purple patch where he scored 9 in 8 to earn a new contract.

Now goals are goal and you cant take them away from the lad so I wont try to but the counter argument to this is, that throughout his purple patch he banged an hat trick (3 goals in 1 game) and he had two other games where he scored a brace in each game...I suppose what I am getting at is that even though he scored goals throughout this period there were games within this period where again he was ineffective in his role, nearly 50% of the games he didn't contribute!!

People can look at the end of last season with their "Nuhiu glasses" on but look at his record since he joined the club....182 appearances and 31 goals (a goal every 5.87 games). Almost a third of those goals were scored in 8 games, Jesus that makes it even worse!! 174 appearances and 22 goals (a goal every 7.90 games)

..……….But yeah your right mate he's consistent!!!

Fletcher must be wondering what he's done wrong, he did more in 15 minutes that that big lump as done in his last three appearances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They created very little for the forewards to feed off,its all very well spending 10 minutes playing pretty short passes in the middle of the park and hogging possesion,but it didnt get us anywhere near the dangerous areas we need to play in to involve the strikers and create a threat infront of goal,we are OVER reliant on long range efforts that carry less of a threat and have a higher risk of failure.

Their keeper could sat in deck chair for 90% of last nights game

29 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Read this how you please mate but look the words inconsistent and consistent up in the dictionary!!!! Consistency means playing week in week out and maintaining a level of performance not playing well once every 5/6 games.

Let me put it another way...Nuhiu scored his first goal for us in a year away at Ipswich in November 2017 (a FULL year), he then went a further 8 games until his next goal (Carlisle in the cup reply)...he then scored 4 in 6 throughout January 2018, he then went 9 games without a goal!!! can you see the pattern? He then had his purple patch where he scored 9 in 8 to earn a new contract.

Now goals are goal and you cant take them away from the lad so I wont try to but the counter argument to this is, that throughout his purple patch he banged an hat trick (3 goals in 1 game) and he had two other games where he scored a brace in each game...I suppose what I am getting at is that even though he scored goals throughout this period there were games within this period where again he was ineffective in his role, nearly 50% of the games he didn't contribute!!

People can look at the end of last season with their "Nuhiu glasses" on but look at his record since he joined the club....182 appearances and 31 goals (a goal every 5.87 games). Almost a third of those goals were scored in 8 games, Jesus that makes it even worse!! 174 appearances and 22 goals (a goal every 7.90 games)

Fletcher must be wondering what he's done wrong, he did more in 15 minutes that that big lump as done in his last three appearances.

What are you on about. I’ve said he is inconsistent. I’m not the one needing a dictionary (or glasses).

The very concept of scoring a hat trick and a couple of braces and then looking out of shape and off the pace the next week is just that. His stats of a goal every 5 games are what they are...including some very brief cameos no doubt. 

We need much better. But if he was as useless during his time here as you suggested in your first post these double figure goal tallies  wouldn’t exist.

Never been a fan, conceeded he deserved his place on merit last season during his purple patch, but like the 4 years prior to that is poor. At the moment offers nothing, for that matter based on the last two games neither does Joao. 

Both are fortunate that apart from Fletcher, who seemingly can't play consecutive games including midweek, we have literally nothing to replace them with.

12 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

They created very little for the forewards to feed off,its all very well spending 10 minutes playing pretty short passes in the middle of the park and hogging possesion,but it didnt get us anywhere near the dangerous areas we need to play in to involve the strikers and create a threat infront of goal,we are OVER reliant on long range efforts that carry less of a threat and have a higher risk of failure.

This is an interesting point.....we often read that little was created for the forwards but for me the forwards have a key role to play in helping to creat chances

One of the reasons why we often get caught at the back is that when players look up to see what's on all they see is a couple of static forwards looking back at them.....you cannot, in 2018, have professional footballers that genuinely struggle to move at anything more than a trot.

51 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Nuhiu scored his first goal for us in a year away at Ipswich in November 2017 (a FULL year)

This has been quoted many times in the past, but to be fair this was in a spell where he only started 4 league games in about 18 months.

51 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Almost half of those appearances have been from the bench so that is somewhat misleading. His overall record of 39 goals from 113 starts is hardly Aguero-like but neither is it as catastrophic as some would present it.

Fletcher's scoring record hasn't been much better since he left Wolves in 2012. One also has to wonder how capable he is of lasting the large majority of playing time given his recent injury history and age.

There's little arguing that Nuhiu has played poorly so far this season, especially when compared to what he was doing in the last four months of the previous campaign.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

What are you on about. I’ve said he is inconsistent. I’m not the one needing a dictionary (or glasses).

The very concept of scoring a hat trick and a couple of braces and then looking out of shape and off the pace the next week is just that. His stats of a goal every 5 games are what they are...including some very brief cameos no doubt. 

We need much better. But if he was as useless during his time here as you suggested in your first post these double figure goal tallies  wouldn’t exist.

I don't need a dictionary mate...however I do wear glasses from time to time, especially when I want to look more intelligent than I already am!!

Your the one banging on about him reaching double figures etc... he could reach double figures for the next 15 seasons but he's still wont be good enough!!

I just wish people would stop defending him and accept him for what he is, terrible. He should never have been offered a contract, we had the perfect opportunity off load him.

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Nuhiu had plenty of touches and the ball played into him. But due to his lack of ability to hold the ball up, the play always broke down!

9 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I don't need a dictionary mate...however I do wear glasses from time to time, especially when I want to look more intelligent than I already am!!

Your the one banging on about him reaching double figures etc... he could reach double figures for the next 15 seasons but he's still wont be good enough!!

I just wish people would stop defending him and accept him for what he is, terrible. He should never have been offered a contract, we had the perfect opportunity off load him.

Ive always said he have better players and that he only gets a game when others can’t play. No disputing that. But I will always give a balanced assessment and you can’t be “consistently poo” and score goals at the same time. That’s pretty much all I’m saying...and youre the one who took issue with it. 

35 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This has been quoted many times in the past, but to be fair this was in a spell where he only started 4 league games in about 18 months.

Almost half of those appearances have been from the bench so that is somewhat misleading. His overall record of 39 goals from 113 starts is hardly Aguero-like but neither is it as catastrophic as some would present it.

Fletcher's scoring record hasn't been much better since he left Wolves in 2012. One also has to wonder how capable he is of lasting the large majority of playing time given his recent injury history and age.

There's little arguing that Nuhiu has played poorly so far this season, especially when compared to what he was doing in the last four months of the previous campaign.

I hope you aren't counting goals he's scored as a sub in that 39 if you are only counting starts as the number of games

That would be very misleading of you!

32 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

I wouldn't single out any player after last nights display. They were all shocking.

The worst quite comfortably was Nuhiu who should of been subbed at half time! Shocking performance quite frankly!

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Our strikers are completely ineffectual from open play, because they can’t move/ their ability to find space is shocking, We’ve been crying out for someone in the Nahki wells mould for years, a small pacey striker, why do we never go for that option? 

Bleak reading.

Nuhiu, like all of our players, and the vast majority of players, is inconsistent.  He was great when he came on vs Boro, not so good last night.  Joao, great against Bristol, not good last night.

They are Championship footballers - pretty much all of them are inconsistent.  Doesnt make them a bad player if they play badly or a great player if they play well.  The judgements made are far far too quick.

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Bleak reading.

Nuhiu, like all of our players, and the vast majority of players, is inconsistent.  He was great when he came on vs Boro, not so good last night.  Joao, great against Bristol, not good last night.

They are Championship footballers - pretty much all of them are inconsistent.  Doesnt make them a bad player if they play badly or a great player if they play well.  The judgements made are far far too quick.

4 years and getting on for nearly 200 games is hardly being too quick to make a judgement

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

excellent true,backed by stats,post,he is awful

• Haha 1