This is how we line up

23 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The Owls travel to the capital to face QPR at Loftus Road, Jos Luhukay’s men will want to bounce back following defeat to Middlesbrough last time out, with the Rs looking to extend their unbeaten run to four games.

TEAMS

QPR: Lumley, Rangel, Leistner, Lynch, Bidwell, Wszolek, Cameron, Luongo, Freeman, Eze, Hemed

Substitutes: Ingram, Hall, Cousins, Scowen, Smith, Osayi-Samuel, Wells

Wednesday: Dawson, Baker, Hector, Pudil, Fox, Bannan, Pelupessy, Onomah, Reach, Joao, Nuhiu

Substitutes: Wildsmith, Palmer, Thorniley, Lees, Penney, Kirby, Fletcher

what we saying tonight then with that line up?

Bench looks OK!

Guest Grez Bez

The bench is what surprises me most. You don't need a full back 4 on the bench; there is very limited option up the pitch if we need to change the game.

Suppose Penney can play further up the field

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

TBF he had to have a reaction to the hospital pass.

A hospital pass is one which leaves your team mate in danger of getting injured as it is too short and will likely result in a crunching challenge. To be fair Lees got nowhere near picking out a team mate with that 'pass'.

I agree with making changes based on bad performances. I just hope he adapts his tactics too. If teams press then he needs to at least  mix possession up and not always try to play it out otherwise it'll very likely be the same outcome, personnel changes or not. The changes made makes it look like we've got a paper thin squad, but when you consider hutch, Westwood, Jones and Boyd are all fit then it shows there's more going on at the club. Yes he has other injuries to contend with to be fair, but some decisions seem weird.

I just hope to god he makes subs if we are needing to impose and/or change a game, something he failed to do on Friday. 

I think people are right to be a letter to question, as you can always  improve and there are many ways and opinions on how  to do that. Jos' lineup is one such way. I Hope he's got it right. Nothing makes me happier football wise than an owls win (apart from playing good football and winning). But like anyone and everything you're always open to being critiqued. 

2-1 anyone...... Haha 

The message is clear enough.

If you don’t play well don’t expect to stay in the team no matter who you are.

Most of Friday’s culprits have paid the price.

Joao is lucky, but only because most other options are injured.

Expect to see Fletcher on at half time if Joao has another stinker.

Swell I. Going to defend Fox. He looked awful last season when asked to play wing back. Looked decent at left centre back. Somewhere between the 2 at left back. Last time he played there I though he was one of our better players. Limited but always gives 100%.Think it’s right to leave out Penney for an away game. Think Palmer has more cause to complain as he is also better in a 4 than as a wing back. Noticed Baker played well for young Wales in Midfield.

Lees was poor to say the least against Boro & gave a goal away, Thorniley made a mistake for the 1st goal, Penney was well below the standards of the last few weeks, Palmer was ok defensively but his ball control & passing were awful.

Basically Jos is saying I don't care who you are, inexperienced youngsters, seasoned pros, team captain, if you don't perform then you're out. Just how it should be.

Looks like a 442 set up to me.

24 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Would have played Penney instead of Fox 

While I'd have preferred penney to be playing ahead of fox, maybe jos thinks the lad has played a lot of first team football recently and is looking at giving him a break. I think both Baker and fox are more defensive minded than penney and palmer,so maybe jos is looking at bringing penney on second half and giving them something different to deal with if we can keep a clean sheet first half with more sit back fullbacks. 

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A hospital pass is one which leaves your team mate in danger of getting injured as it is too short and will likely result in a crunching challenge. To be fair Lees got nowhere near picking out a team mate with that 'pass'.

Sorry for using the incorrect terminology. 

Ill use shiz pass from now on.