Hooper and Lee won't play again this year

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos rushed him back to save himself. It failed. Now he's ended the career of one of the best central midfielders I've seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Some legacy that man left.

Can a manager override the medical team's advice?  Surely if they say no then they can't play.  In this day and age of H&S I'd be surprised that a manager would have the final say.  Wouldn't the club be opening up themselves to all sorts of legal ramifications?

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Have to agree.

I'm certain much of this stems from those first two seasons under Carlos and his allegedly lax fitness regime.

It's caught up with some of these players and may well have irreparable damage.

No surprise FF is out injured again. Another one who was playing with an injury back end of 16/17 season. 

Carlos has a lot to answer for. The fact Lee, Hooper, Hutch, FF, Fletch, Lees, Bannan have all been sidelined since the two years under Carlos is absolutely no coincidence to me. All key players who were overplayed and overworked. 

I mean Hutch is a perfect example. Everyone knew his problem with injuries, yet he pretty much played week in week out for over a season.

11 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Can a manager override the medical team's advice?  Surely if they say no then they can't play.  In this day and age of H&S I'd be surprised that a manager would have the final say.  Wouldn't the club be opening up themselves to all sorts of legal ramifications?

Maybe they can. But I remember Paul Smith was scathing on twitter a year back. Remember him saying the decision to rush players back was all down to Carlos.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No surprise FF is out injured again. Another one who was playing with an injury back end of 16/17 season. 

Carlos has a lot to answer for. The fact Lee, Hooper, Hutch, FF, Fletch, Lees, Bannan have all been sidelined since the two years under Carlos is absolutely no coincidence to me. All key players who were overplayed and overworked. 

I mean Hutch is a perfect example. Everyone knew his problem with injuries, yet he pretty much played week in week out for over a season.

His current injury is completely unrelated to the one a had at the back end of the 16/17 season. It's the type you get when you are an elite sports person. Don't let that get in the way of a good story though.

53 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Like a player is going to refuse to play when the manager is demanding he gets back as soon as possible. Ask Paul Smith the ex-physio who lost his job on what he makes of Carlos, might change your opinion.

I don’t blame Carlos like you , if I had your knowledge maybe so 

I know nothing about these injuries myself but I found the in fighting funny on here about Lees. Those who claimed he’d never play for us again about a year ago got shat on and continually did. It’s looking more and more like they were correct. Huge shame and I’m sure they won’t take pleasure in being right if it turns out they are.

Such a pity for Lee and Hooper of course. I’m sure no pro wants to be injured, not many worse feelings than that. Sure the wage will help but that feeling when you can’t do your job or something you love can lead to other problems unfortunately.

It's not like they _have_ been playing for us much this year either, so it doesn't really pose a problem for team selection. I hope Jos will be boosted by having Fessi, Marco Matias, Sam Winnall and Joost van Aken back soon-ish, other than that I'm considering our other long term injuries as gone and possibly not playing for us again. Less disappointment that way.

Just now, N0rtherner said:

It's not like they _have_ been playing for us much this year either, so it doesn't really pose a problem for team selection. I hope Jos will be boosted by having Fessi, Marco Matias, Sam Winnall and Joost van Aken back soon-ish, other than that I'm considering our other long term injuries as gone and possibly not playing for us again. Less disappointment that way.

Take it you've not had the email.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

When their contracts are up release them along with Abdi and Hutchinson. Time after time we have had players that have spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Some fans get far too sentimental over some of our players.

Thats a fair enough comment Ronnie, but lets be honest, some players deserve at least a bit of appreciation, whereas the wasters deserve nowt at all

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Take it you've not had the email.

What? Did he manage to get himself a set back too? I thought he played again for another 70 minutes v Hull just a day or two ago?

*checks other thread*

FFS!

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I think next seasons shirt sponsor should be McVities because half the teams made of f***ing biscuits!

I think it should be sponsored by Christmas Tree's

As we only see most of them for one month a year!!!

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats a fair enough comment Ronnie, but lets be honest, some players deserve at least a bit of appreciation, whereas the wasters deserve nowt at all

There is no sentiment in football. I have seen the likes of Hooper and Lee have as many poor games as good games. Lee is a decent honest footballer but for some to say he is Premier league class is getting ahead of themselves. Hooper on the other hand gives me the impression he doesnt look after himself when it comes to his personal fitness.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Nothing to do with the medical team and the player himself who was clearly pleading not to play !! Carlos cause the original injury too did he ? 

why do you think the medical team were sacked after the udders debacle/defeat/surrender ?????? just take a wild guess ....or alternatively ask one of them ! 

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

When their contracts are up release them along with Abdi and Hutchinson. Time after time we have had players that have spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Some fans get far too sentimental over some of our players.

Players like Abdi who have done naff all for the club , I agree, but Keiren Lee deserves a little more respect after what he has done on the pitch for us.