Sam Winnall - Setback

20 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Our players get so many hamstring injuries. This type of injury can be associated with players not training property and being fit enough. 

George Boyd said that Wednesday players weren't fit just before the season started. Then he was shipped off to build railway bridges East of Skegness. He won't be seen again. 

Given the severity of his punishment his claims would seem to have some credence especially as so many players get injuries related to match fitness and training methods. 

Our players weren't fit under cc. Nothing seems to have changed. 

So you reckon that George Boyd said our players aren’t fit enough THIS season and he has been exiled for saying so?

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

People need to be patient with Winnall .. he's just had an ACL injury.

Some right drama queens in here ...

some of the rest though, Abdi, Mattias, even Hooper and KLee probably need jettisoning at the end of the season unfortunately ...

How do you know Winnall ain't going to be one of those. Who would have thought 12 months ago this amount of set backs. I think folk have seen enough of so called run of the mill injuries becoming career threatening. I think the fans have been patient with Abdi, Lee, Hooper Hutchinson etc etc. Don't you.

12 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

How do you know Winnall ain't going to be one of those. Who would have thought 12 months ago this amount of set backs. I think folk have seen enough of so called run of the mill injuries becoming career threatening. I think the fans have been patient with Abdi, Lee, Hooper Hutchinson etc etc. Don't you.

Abdi situation gets stranger by the day..2 weeks ago he was apparently fully fit and training with the squad.

We've since had 2 u23 games and a first team game. He wasn't involved in either.

10 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah...

no difference between a phased return in pace of under 23's match v blood and thunder of Championship

lol

Of course it is different in that respect, I meant no difference in terms of them seemingly being brought back to that pace of football before they were fully ready for it.