Sam Winnall - Setback

15 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

At least it's not his ACL, which just might have incidentally been re-made with a piece of hamstring.

If it was remade from a hamstring graft he's liable to suffer with hamstring injuries, so hopefully not.

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I'm no physio, but aren't the risks of tweaking something else higher when players have been out of action for so long?

It is. But the amount of times it happens to us is absolutely ridiculous. No other clubs has this issue. Coutts at United a great example. Horrible injury last November and back on their bench looking to get back into the first team.

Something wrong with our medical staff. 

TBH with the injury he had can only be expected, can look at this in isolation and not connect to the other long term issues we have.

All comes from buying ageing players with questionable injury records. Think we should just get through this season and look to the next one with fresh players.

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

TBH with the injury he had can only be expected, can look at this in isolation and not connect to the other long term issues we have.

All comes from buying ageing players with questionable injury records. Think we should just get through this season and look to the next one with fresh players.

Hooper had never had a serious injury when he came to us. Abdi was an awful buy Watford knew he couldn't go on for much longer.

29 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

You've gotta laugh.

Dear me.

It’s a about time people stopped blaming Carlos for this and considered we might have some wider implications within the club. Training methods, rehabilitation etc. Lee, Hooper and now Winnall have all been judged ready for comebacks recently when clearly they were not. 

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

It’s a about time people stopped blaming Carlos for this and considered we might have some wider implications within the club. Training methods, rehabilitation etc. Lee, Hooper and now Winnall have all been judged ready for comebacks recently when clearly they were not. 

The club sacked the medical staff after the Huddersfield play-off defeat. We brought in a new team and since then our record with injuries have been absolutely abysmal. Coincidence? I think not. 

Fitness also offers resistance to injury and a quicker recovery. I don't know how things work these days and I am not a medic but we used to sometimes get what's called a referred injury - an injury to one part of the body that causes problems elsewhere. Once you started picking up a sequence of these, you overall fitness drops and it gets much harder to get back into full training let alone regular playing.  Breakdowns are more common, too.

We also used to have something called "precovery" training where you would work specific programmes before routine surgery, for instance, which concentrated on a faster recovery but, as i say, i would expect that current techniques have probably moved on but i suspect that the overriding problems are similar.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Hooper had never had a serious injury when he came to us. Abdi was an awful buy Watford knew he couldn't go on for much longer.

Didn't mean Hooper. Does anyone know how stringent or standard are medical tests out there with some more in-depth than others or is it possible that clubs just choose to ignore advise?

2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

To me it was more the was CC made the previous medical staff scapegoats rather then anything wrong with the new staff that annoyed me.

Making people he recommended losing they jobs were qualified local people who had worked hard at the club long before CC ever heard of Sheffield Wednesday.