Team for QPR

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

It would be a bold statement but for me i would drop Lees his performance the last few games have been getting worse. too much fannying around passing the ball along the back 4 or 5. he is meant to be the captain and lead by example and simple he has not been good enough.

Westwood has no chance of playing for what ever is the excuse but give Wildsmith the gloves for a few games, Dawson must have dropped 4 or 5 on Friday, a goal keeper should not be beaten that easy on his near post, add to the monkey on him back of no clean sheets has got to be getting to him for a keeper he is too quiet and simply 20 goals conceded in 12 games the other keepers deserve a chance to see if they can do better.

4-4-2

Wildsmith

Penney/Thorniley/Hector/Palmer

Pelupessy (c)

Reach/Onomah/Bannan

Joao/Fletcher

I reluctantly share your views on Dawson. However you dress it up, that’s 13 games in a row he hasn’t kept a clean sheet. Defences fault? his fault? combination of both probably, but it wouldn’t hurt to bring back Wildsmith and see how he gets on 

It won’t do Dawsons’confidence any good, but this is business and not personal. As a footballer he should be prepared for these sort of spells/situations, and use it as fuel to become better and claim his spot back 

Edited by FreshOwl

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Dawson

Palmer

Lees 

Thorniley

Penney

Hector

Pessy

Bannan

Omanah

Reach

Dave 

I always think how Bannan could be even better if he played further forward, but we’ve never had a ball player/ someone assured behind him. Would definitely give this a go and see how hector does 

We’ve got a flapper in goal, our best keeper will be sitting at home watching it on the red button, we’ve got the only back four in the league that hasn’t kept a clean sheet, Hoops, Fessi, Winnall are crocked and the remaining strikers are nearly crocked or ineffective, but other than that I reckon we’ll smash ‘em.

• Haha 2

I've no faith in Joao, if he starts tonight. His body language was absolutely abysmal on Friday night.The quickest he moved all night was when his number was show on the sub's board. For me, he flatters to deceive 60/70% of the time which has being standard form for him throughout his time at S6.

I suspect he'll start though, as we're so limited on options up top.

I'd be very tempted to play Onomah just off Nuhiu.

Edited by owlZfan84

28 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I've no faith in Joao, if he starts tonight. His body language was absolutely abysmal on Friday night.The quickest he moved all night was when his number was show on the sub's board. For me, he flatters to deceive 60/70% of the time which has being standard form for him throughout his time at S6.

I agree with your analysis. But Joao for his body language effort and what ever else is  a game changer. Against Bristol was awful his first touch was horrific and completely uninterested performance and managed to get 2 goals on an otherwise 2/10 performance,  and for all of fletchers huff and puff just hasn’t got the same edge. We are short on attacking options despite having about 8 on the books again. Joao and Reach both have half decent returns on goals so far so both must play for me.  

Reading some more anti Joao rubbish on here: God how OT hates its top scorers!

For all of you that struggled to see what was going on, on Friday, and slated Joao for not getting involved more:

If Jos plays Fletcher and Joao, as he did Friday, with Joao being INSTRUCTED to be the last forward and Fletcher being INSTRUCTED to play deeper linking with midfield, Fletcher will get involved more and appear to be putting more effort in, geting more touches of the ball.

Hopefully Jos won't play his forwards like this, because it didn't work on Friday.

The misunderstanding of Joao/Fletcher role on here, was painful.

6 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

If Hooper and/or Winnall were fit, I wouldn’t have Joao starting at all, he’d be lucky to make the bench as I’d have Dave ahead of him . Must be on his last chance with regards to attitude, and I’m getting pretty fed up with it too. 

Edited by FreshOwl

6 hours ago, robswfc said:

Onomah has to start, surely 

Dawson

palmer..lees..hector...thorniley

......,,,,,,,,,,ppessy

.....,onomah........bannan

joao.....,,,,,,Nuhiu,,,......,,Reach

I think this is probably our strongest side right now! Perhaps Wildsmith in for Dawson

Good luck tonight lads we may need it...UTO FTB WAWAW

Dawson

Lees      Hector     Pudil

Quagmire

Palmer        Onomah  Bannan         Penney

Reach

Nuhiu

43 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Dawson

Lees      Hector     Pudil

Quagmire

Palmer        Onomah  Bannan         Penney

Reach

Nuhiu

Giggity

Guest LittleG
On 22/10/2018 at 12:28, room0035 said:

It would be a bold statement but for me i would drop Lees his performance the last few games have been getting worse. too much fannying around passing the ball along the back 4 or 5. he is meant to be the captain and lead by example and simple he has not been good enough.

Westwood has no chance of playing for what ever is the excuse but give Wildsmith the gloves for a few games, Dawson must have dropped 4 or 5 on Friday, a goal keeper should not be beaten that easy on his near post, add to the monkey on him back of no clean sheets has got to be getting to him for a keeper he is too quiet and simply 20 goals conceded in 12 games the other keepers deserve a chance to see if they can do better.

4-4-2

Wildsmith

Penney/Thorniley/Hector/Palmer

Pelupessy (c)

Reach/Onomah/Bannan

Joao/Fletcher

Bit harsh on Lees as we all know it's Jos remit to pass out from the back when clearly the players are not comfortable with this. Following last Friday's performance any one of the back 6(incl. GK) could be dropped, there was only Hector who came out with any credit. With our limited options I think the only change in defence will be Pudil getting a game or will he rest Penney and give Fox a chance. You never know with Jos 

---------------Dawson---------------

------Lees-----Hector----Pudil------

Palmer------------------------------Fox

----------Bannan--Pelupessy----------

---------Reach----------Onomah-----

------------------Nuhiu-----------------

Think he'll rest Penney, and bring in Fox. He struggled Friday, and it may be wise to save him for Saturday. 

Joao & Fletcher didn't do enough on Friday to have any complaints about not starting tonight. 

Edited by frastheowl

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Reading some more anti Joao rubbish on here: God how OT hates its top scorers!

For all of you that struggled to see what was going on, on Friday, and slated Joao for not getting involved more:

If Jos plays Fletcher and Joao, as he did Friday, with Joao being INSTRUCTED to be the last forward and Fletcher being INSTRUCTED to play deeper linking with midfield, Fletcher will get involved more and appear to be putting more effort in, geting more touches of the ball.

Hopefully Jos won't play his forwards like this, because it didn't work on Friday.

The misunderstanding of Joao/Fletcher role on here, was painful.

Not disputing anything you've said...

But both Fletcher and Joao were poor, and could have no complaints if they are dropped. Nuhiu came on and contributed far more in a short period of time. 

(And I'm a big advocate for Joao, have been since he signed!)

7 hours ago, robswfc said:

Onomah has to start, surely 

Dawson

palmer..lees..hector...thorniley

......,,,,,,,,,,ppessy

.....,onomah........bannan

joao.....,,,,,,Nuhiu,,,......,,Reach

Thats my team and formation and I mentioned this in an earlier thread. Still think he will persist with 3 at the back tho which we need to ditch asap.

Im expecting Dave, Fox, Pudil and Onomah will come in tonight for Thorniley, Penney, Joey and Fletch. You just know Jos likes to rotate for midweek games.