Dawson slagging after last night

12 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Who in the squad do we have to replace Lees and Thorniley though? There's a very good and once loyal servant to the club fit enough to replace Dawson, whereas our defenders aren't really under threat of being replaced as there's not much quality in back up. 

So because there's no one to replace them we blame the keeper.

FluidFrenchAuk-small.gif

Man Utd have had one clean sheet so far this season, yet i don't hear any of their fans screaming for De Gea to be replaced. and yet some of our fans seen intent on blaming Dawson for the lack of clean sheets, he is just 1 of 11 players who collectively should share the responsibility.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

So because there's no one to replace them we blame the keeper.

FluidFrenchAuk-small.gif

Ah i didn't realise you were one of those. Let me explain on a level you may understand. 

There's not much strength in depth with the defence. There is with the GK's. This is a post asking why people are discussing the keeper situation more than the defenders, not a discussion on who to blame. 

Rightly or wrongly, people are more likely to discuss matters which have a viable option to be changed. 

Simple logic, really. 

Three seasons ago Westwood in his prime may have stopped them... 

Having played very little football for 2 seasons due to being constantly injured I doubt these days he'd have fared any better than Dawson, I'm not gonna slate the lad, but maybe we need Wildsmith to really start to push him again, becouse he could maybe just do with a bit of a rest to clear the mental fatigue as he hasn't looked quite as commanding and not been quite up to his standards last few matches and made a few really uncharacteristic errors against leeds and forest especially with crosses and his punching. 

18 hours ago, andypandy said:

Man Utd have had one clean sheet so far this season, yet i don't hear any of their fans screaming for De Gea to be replaced. and yet some of our fans seen intent on blaming Dawson for the lack of clean sheets, he is just 1 of 11 players who collectively should share the responsibility.

Heard this stat yesterday too. Great example of how simplistic it is to say "No clean sheets" = "keeper must be rubbish".

I'm surprised how well Dawson has done this season. Expected one or two clangers from him due to inexperience, but can't remember any so far. I do remember a couple of saves where I thought - not sure Westwood would have got to that. 

I really think this is getting so counter productive now. We are clearly looking to off load Westwood, he's not played for ages due to injury and selection so bound to be a bit rusty. What would be the point of bringing him back in between now and January when he leaves?

Good keeper for us in his day, but time to move on

15 hours ago, hawksmore said:

Ah i didn't realise you were one of those. Let me explain on a level you may understand. 

There's not much strength in depth with the defence. There is with the GK's. This is a post asking why people are discussing the keeper situation more than the defenders, not a discussion on who to blame. 

Rightly or wrongly, people are more likely to discuss matters which have a viable option to be changed. 

Simple logic, really. 

Not sure what 'one of those' is, so can't really confirm or deny :rolleyes:

I presume when you talk about viable option to be changed you mean swapping Dawson with Wildsmith as they are the number 1 & 2 keepers as stated by the manager.

I don't believe Wildsmith is the better keeper at present, so for me it's not a viable option.

Up until now I thought a lot of the Dawson criticism was justified. I’ve been critical of him myself and backed up my reasoning.

Reading this thread though. Just wow. He is clearly positioned correctly for the first goal. Angles are correct and the only place he can finish it is there. You practice it all day every day in training and he got it spot on. You cannot physically cover the entire goal and he can’t come rushing out in that position either. 

I dont want want to make excuses but wasn’t talking about his crosses with s mate in the pub the other day. I mentioned how well he does with low balls that are arguably much tougher. I said it just clicked, I remember playing under floodlights and it can be very tough, ball goes missing, almost invisible. Not saying it is, but wondered if that was partially why he struggles with him crosses. Could be rubbish and I don’t want a ready made excuse. I just remember first playing under lights it’s touhh.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:02, Not Jon Newsome said:

What did he do wrong last night because in my eyes both of those goals I could have scored.

Sod all and a minority of fans could ruin a very good prospect IMO.

He is in my eyes playing well and is better than Westwood.

Get off his back get behind him give him confidence and we may actually forget about Westwood and realise how lucky we are.

8 hours ago, fred mciver said:

A rookie keeper will of course make mistakes.

Blame Chansiri's ego, not Dawson, for no Westy.

absolutely , to make so few errors is  amazing for one so inexperienced  ,16 game run and arguably responsible for one goal …. I don't know if   that's down to chansiri's ego or jos's foresight in spotting what a top keeper the lad is but whichever it's certainly paid off so far ….. 

On 21/10/2018 at 15:55, andypandy said:

Get this rascal pinned so we can hawl it out when numpties moan about Dawson

De Gea had a stinking first season with manure but once he got to grips with physicality of the premier league and improved after a first full season look at him now ...

many fans quick to write Dawson off after a handful of games really staunchly. Its a shame they don't channel that same energy in to supporting the kid