Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Just shows how fans see the game differently. 

Hector played CB against Middlesbrough, but with the licence to step into midfield when needed. As did the other CBs at times. 

 

 

Interesting, way of seeing it. Either third centre back stepping into midfield or a defensive midfielder, he played well against Middlesbrough.

 

The problem for me is we need both, so I'd be stuck between picking him in as CB or CM, especially with what's happened at the back in the last game.

 

You can't let other teams win the midfield battle, that's where all this pressure and sitting back is coming from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's it, I'm going all in on this one. Hector is the new, improved, Carlton Palmer. I'd be starting him in centre mid against QPR.

 

Bannan is the new Chris Waddle on the left wing.

 

There's no way we'd lose the midfield battle with this team.

 

Plenty of decent crosses from Bannihnio for Big Adthe.

 

3-1 Wednesday

 

:luhukay:

lineup (3).png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the job Hector did on Friday was pick up  Downing.

Downing was given a free role by Pulis roaming between up front and midfield so when he dropped into midfield Hector tended to follow him.

So we had Hector following Downing and Reach standing next to Clayton and pointing at everybody else to mark the rest.

I find it bizarre that we set up this way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think that the job Hector did on Friday was pick up  Downing.

Downing was given a free role by Pulis roaming between up front and midfield so when he dropped into midfield Hector tended to follow him.

So we had Hector following Downing and Reach standing next to Clayton and pointing at everybody else to mark the rest.

I find it bizarre that we set up this way.

 

If that was his Job then thats another at fault for there 1st goal to go with Thorniley and Lees. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

                  Wildsmith

 

Palmer.   Lees.     Hutch.    Penny

 

               Pessy.  Hector

 

     Onomah  Bannan   Reach  

 

                      Fletcher

 

This allows us to change formations constantly throughout the game from the 4231 set out.

Hector can drop in to make 3151 allowing Palmer & Penny to push on.

Personally i cant see the midfield getting bullied with Pessy,  Onomah & Hector in it.

Hopefully it will allow us to dominate the midfield and push Reach, Bannan & Onomah in and around Fletcher when attacking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Interesting, way of seeing it. Either third centre back stepping into midfield or a defensive midfielder, he played well against Middlesbrough.

 

The problem for me is we need both, so I'd be stuck between picking him in as CB or CM, especially with what's happened at the back in the last game.

 

You can't let other teams win the midfield battle, that's where all this pressure and sitting back is coming from.

I agree we kind of need him to play both positions. Like we did with Hutchinson when he was fully fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Its not the fashionable set up, however it gives us a numerical advantage in centre midfield. I think with that overload in centre midfield, the opposition tuck in their wide midfielders and allow our full backs the space to run into.  Two strikers capable of holding the ball up for Reach and Onomah to get in and around them, Bannan to play with his head up with options ahead and with full backs getting alongside to provide width.  Hector to drop back to form a 3 and allow those full backs to get forward.  Better distribution from Pudil is a bonus.  Its important we hold the ball up in attack.  We are useless out of organised possession, ie we don't have pace to get in behind with one pass.

 

                    Dawson

              Lees           Pudil

Palmer                                  Penney

 

                       Hector

 

           Onomah          Bannan

 

                       Reach

 

              Nuhiu         Fletcher

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson

 

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Thorniley

 

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

 

Reach

Dave

Joao

 

We need a system change and we need to get Onomah in the side. Prefer Reach out wide and I want us to play with 2 wide players supporting the central striker. I think Penney needs a rocket for some casual performances and I’d play Thorniley left back. I certainly wouldn’t play JT as wing back but should be ok to play left back. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2018 at 09:44, Blatter said:

                 Dawson

      Hutchinson Hector Pudil

Baker Pelupessy Bannan Thornilly

                    Reach

            Joa.          Nuhiu

 

Shakeup needed at the back because Jos insists on playing out from defence.

Swap Baker for Onomah and that would be a dream 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the 18 what goes to qpr will be minus several fit players for some reason he just wont pick boyd or Hutchinson both are 100% fit what ids jos waiting for regards Hutchinson? for him to be injured during training? he admits he is fit but says he has only player 5 games this year as a result is not match sharp ,we might as well either have him on the bench give him 30 mins and build him up that way if he goes down injured again so be it but we might as well get something out of him rather than nothing. as for boyd he looked sharp in u23 game and scored at leeds surely with 12-14 out he should be at least in the squad . I think jos is losing the plot ,he would sooner put  a 16year old on the bench . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spike1867 said:

 Its not the fashionable set up, however it gives us a numerical advantage in centre midfield. I think with that overload in centre midfield, the opposition tuck in their wide midfielders and allow our full backs the space to run into.  Two strikers capable of holding the ball up for Reach and Onomah to get in and around them, Bannan to play with his head up with options ahead and with full backs getting alongside to provide width.  Hector to drop back to form a 3 and allow those full backs to get forward.  Better distribution from Pudil is a bonus.  Its important we hold the ball up in attack.  We are useless out of organised possession, ie we don't have pace to get in behind with one pass.

 

                    Dawson

              Lees           Pudil

Palmer                                  Penney

 

                       Hector

 

           Onomah          Bannan

 

                       Reach

 

              Nuhiu         Fletcher

You might be onto something here, Reach could drop into midfield in that formation. Bannan would also have license to get wide and wip in some dangerous crosses with that magic left leg. Two big targets to aim at.

 

The only down side is Reach won't be in his favoured striking position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...