Wildsmith

Guest Hillsborough Mole

38 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

spot on post 36....

except the bit in bold isnt 100% accurate as folk are getting on their backs even when they haven't made a mistake.

Yep. Dawson made a save last night and some nob head shouted he should've caught it.

Our fans at times are embarrassing at that.

Forget Westwood, whatever the reason is he obviously ain’t going to play.

Last season Wildsmith was very hit and miss and actually cost us goals directly with his errors.

Dawson had a couple of good cup displays and Jos obviously decided to play him in the league for some games to see how he did.

He performed much better than Wildsmith had and deservedly got the nod this season. 

He ain’t been perfect, is very young playing in a key position but I have seen nothing during the time both have been playing to suggest he should be left out for Wildsmith.

• Thanks 1

Pretty if sick of Dawson’s age being used as an excuse for him not to have bad feedback. 

He is poor, really poor there is a decent keep in there I’m sure, but he shouldn’t be cutting his teeth in the championship. 

I can think of at least 5 goals this season that were avoidable. 

Either starting with him or ending with him, his positional sense isn’t very good, he comes for things he should when he should stay and he stays for things when he should come. 

Refuses to catch a ball when it would be the easiest thing to do and his decision making is wee wee poor. 

Its ok stopping things when they are straight at you, it’s another thing not being your own downfall. 

Westwood situation needs sorting one way or another, my guess is that Dawson is a stop gap until January. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

yeah ur right mate.

is it the ones that hold their nerve and support the team, or the idiots that start threads crying saying the 5h1t keeper deserves a chance?

How very supportive you are

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

How very supportive you are

yeah thats right, i am. 70 miles from the ground to my house but them season tickets keep dropping through my letterbox every year.

i always support the players that are on the pitch trying to win points... its why im in these threads sticking up for the keeper thats currently in the team.

If Dawson gets injured and our worst keeper has to play i will fully support him too. but at the minute, while hes not good enough to get in, i will continue to stick up for the player that is in ahead of him on merit. 

rather that, than them type of supporters that think 'supporting' means starting threads moaning about a keeper after a game when said keeper did nowt wrong..

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The only keeper who has kept a clean sheet all season for us, played well last season, and yet we are continuing with Dawson who's confidence must be absolutely shot

Bad management

There was an interview with Dawson on football heaven last night,listen to it if ya can,then come back and tell us "his confidence" is shot,which in a round about kind of way,is you just havin a snidey dig at jos.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm absolutelyt brimming with confidence myself about our prospects this season, absolutely 110% think we will be right in the mix with the promotion places and hopefully just have that extra bit of quality and strength in depth to finish the job and finally land ourselves that prize place in the Premier League after all these years

Easy. Innit

Guest Hillsborough Mole
11 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

yeah thats right, i am. 70 miles from the ground to my house but them season tickets keep dropping through my letterbox every year.

i always support the players that are on the pitch trying to win points... its why im in these threads sticking up for the keeper thats currently in the team.

If Dawson gets injured and our worst keeper has to play i will fully support him too. but at the minute, while hes not good enough to get in, i will continue to stick up for the player that is in ahead of him on merit. 

rather that, than them type of supporters that think 'supporting' means starting threads moaning about a keeper after a game when said keeper did nowt wrong..

You think describing Wildsmith as a sh it keeper is supportive.

Go you

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You think describing Wildsmith as a sh it keeper is supportive.

Go you

you think starting a thread asking us to remove the current keeper after hes had a good game is 'supportive'

go you.

as if the thread aint pathetic enough, you then ask us to put in our worst keeper, a guy who, unfortunately, has shown us time and time again in his short career that he aint close to being ready?!  

just basic stuff, frightening im having to explain it really.. happy to help tho!

• Like 2

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

you think starting a thread asking us to remove the current keeper after hes had a good game is 'supportive'

go you.

as if the thread aint pathetic enough, you then ask us to put in our worst keeper, a guy who, unfortunately, has shown us time and time again in his short career that he aint close to being ready?!  

just basic stuff, frightening im having to explain it really.. happy to help tho!

Actually the thread was all about giving the current keeper (whos shipped more goals in 13 games than Westwood did in 17 last season - had zero clean sheets to Westwoods 3 llast season) may need resting to protect his confidence from the idiots who like to boo our players at the games. 

I'd much prefer Westwood in there than either of the 2 young lads - but recognise that (for whatever reason) Westwoods time at the club is (mysteriously) over - and that leaves us with Wildsmith (who managed 7 clean sheets last season)... 1 every 4 games.

So all those 'time and times again' he has showed us hes not ready he at least managed more clean sheets than any of our 3 keepers have managed in the last 2 seasons. 

I can see how you'd think that was 'sh it' though. 

Actually the thread was all about giving the current keeper (whos shipped more goals in 13 games than Westwood did in 17 last season - had zero clean sheets to Westwoods 3 llast season) may need resting to protect his confidence from the idiots who like to boo our players at the games. 

I'd much prefer Westwood in there than either of the 2 young lads - but recognise that (for whatever reason) Westwoods time at the club is (mysteriously) over - and that leaves us with Wildsmith (who managed 7 clean sheets last season)... 1 every 4 games.

So all those 'time and times again' he has showed us hes not ready he at least managed more clean sheets than any of our 3 keepers have managed in the last 2 seasons. 

I can see how you'd think that was 'sh it' though. 

good, im glad you can see.. it means my time hasnt been completely wasted....

clean sheet this, clean sheet that... bla blah blah as if that is the only right and proper way to judge a keeper ffs!

but ok lets play your game and talk about clean sheets.... but if we do we need to start talking about Hunt, Venancio, Loovens,

we also have to talk about (just in the last few games) Mcginns goal (Dawsons fault?), or Brizzle's peno in last 10 mins (Dawsons fault?)   or Lees back pass, was that Dawsons fault?

shall we compare these to the wildsmith goals ive posted in another thread? 

ill compare it for you now... basically Dawson hasnt kept a clean sheet cos of worldies, peno's, defensive mistakes and a different back line to the one we had last season.

Wildsmith has kept a few cos of the team in front of him, also because hes managed to get thru some of his 90mins without a big error.

so he keeps 1 clean sheet in 4. i think thats a similar number to how many f00kups he makes that leads to goals.

Someone should let Dawson know if he can start keeping 1 clean sheet in 4 he is allowed to give away pathetic goals at the same rate? 

clean sheets are nice, but not at all relevant as to who starts in goal... as your post has just proved.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

good, im glad you can see.. it means my time hasnt been completely wasted....

clean sheet this, clean sheet that... bla blah blah as if that is the only right and proper way to judge a keeper ffs!

but ok lets play your game and talk about clean sheets.... but if we do we need to start talking about Hunt, Venancio, Loovens,

we also have to talk about (just in the last few games) Mcginns goal (Dawsons fault?), or Brizzle's peno in last 10 mins (Dawsons fault?)   or Lees back pass, was that Dawsons fault?

shall we compare these to the wildsmith goals ive posted in another thread? 

ill compare it for you now... basically Dawson hasnt kept a clean sheet cos of worldies, peno's, defensive mistakes and a different back line to the one we had last season.

Wildsmith has kept a few cos of the team in front of him, also because hes managed to get thru some of his 90mins without a big error.

so he keeps 1 clean sheet in 4. i think thats a similar number to how many f00kups he makes that leads to goals.

Someone should let Dawson know if he can start keeping 1 clean sheet in 4 he is allowed to give away pathetic goals at the same rate? 

clean sheets are nice, but not at all relevant as to who starts in goal... as your post has just proved.

You do seem to be getting very irate about this. Are you 'Cammy's' Mummy?

I prefer to go with the stats, the facts and figures, and over the last 2 seasons our best keepers have been Wildsmith AND Westwood.

Even during a time when our team was in disarray under Carlos.

Its entirely irrelevant to talk about Hunt, Venancio, Loovens etc - as 'Cammy' has been the only keeper to play behind this seasons defensive line. Other than Wildsmith who did it twice this season and kept one clean sheet - a 1:2 success rate. Which lines up wonderfully well against a 0:13

So pop that big bottom lip of yours back in, try and stop it quivering - and accept that it might do 'Cammy' the world of good to have a bit of a rest, and let one of Wildsmith (or Westwood) take the strain for a while. Its what happens in all football squads (except ours it seems)

Bless x

I prefer to go with the stats, the facts and figures, and over the last 2 seasons our best keepers have been Wildsmith AND Westwood.

Its entirely irrelevant to talk about Hunt, Venancio, Loovens etc - as 'Cammy' has been the only keeper to play behind this seasons defensive line. Other than Wildsmith who did it twice this season and kept one clean sheet - a 1:2 success rate. Which lines up wonderfully well against a 0:13

So pop that big bottom lip of yours back in, try and stop it quivering - and accept that it might do 'Cammy' the world of good to have a bit of a rest, and let one of Wildsmith (or Westwood) take the strain for a while. Its what happens in all football squads (except ours it seems)

Bless x

If you think im getting irate and it makes you feel better to think that, then carry on pal.

but actually the opposite is true, there has been quite alot of giggles between me and my 12 year old son while reading your posts.

also a bit of pity, pity that your thought process is where its currently at.  

as for you preferring stats and facts and figures, dont the stats on amount of saves made in the champ this season favour Dawson big time? or is it only the stats that SUIT you that you look at.

personally i use my eyes and brain to decide, not stats. especially if i want to start a thread on a subject, but each to their own.

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Bless x

So do you think the lack of a clean sheet at Bristol was Dawson’s fault despite making a fantastic one on one save first half and then conceding from a penalty?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

dont the stats on amount of saves made in the champ this season favour Dawson big time?

personally i use my eyes and brain to decide, not stats.

Do you use stats or not?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So do you think the lack of a clean sheet at Bristol was Dawson’s fault despite making a fantastic one on one save first half and then conceding from a penalty?

I'm looking at the whole season rather than individual games

I thought that would have been obvious.

Given I mentioned it already

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'm looking at the whole season rather than individual games

I thought that would have been obvious.

Given I mentioned it already

Do you think Dawson was at fault for any of the two goals last night?

Feel free to answer the questions posed