Wildsmith

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

The only keeper who has kept a clean sheet all season for us, played well last season, and yet we are continuing with Dawson who's confidence must be absolutely shot

Bad management

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Only thing I’m confused about is the lack of development for Wildsmith by being on the bench.  Seems to me that Westwood should be on the bench and wildsmith sent out on loan 

Totally agree with this. Wildsmith needs to be playing regularly. Went to u23s last week and he looked very rusty. Westwoods finished at wednesday so we need to get him off loaded in Jan and bring an experienced keeper on loan to sit on the bench and send wildsmith out on loan

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Only thing I’m confused about is the lack of development for Wildsmith by being on the bench.  Seems to me that Westwood should be on the bench and wildsmith sent out on loan 

Agreed, don’t think there’s much to chose between Wildsmith and Dawson. Wildsmith needs some game time.

However, Wildsmith got the nod last season and Dawson had to put up with being benched so it’s just about evened itself out.

Westwood is the bigger problem.

Needs to be in the ‘shop window’ if the club expect a transfer fee, or to even get him off the wage biil.

Who will pay good hard cash for a keeper rated 3rd behind two youngsters in football’s second tier.

No-one is going to pay a transfer fee for a (albeit very good) keeper who is not playing at all and in the last year of his contract.

He'll either have his contract terminated in January or simply see out the contract and leave in the summer.

We don't know and won't know why he wasnt sold/released in the summer.

Sad, but it's about time we realised that he ain't getting another game for us.

yeah but wildsmiths crap tho...  when you think of the hammering Dawsons getting for errrmmm letting goals in, what would all the thick conkers say about wildsmith when he starts letting them through his hands/legs etc..

Its embarassing calling for wildsmith to play.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eccy Owl said:

People are forgetting some of the absolute shockers Wildsmith had last season........

Absolutely correct. Not only that, people were praising Cameron Dawson's performances and saying that he, rather than Wildsmith, was the way ahead.

While I would prefer Westy between the posts, I accept that - for whatever reason - he's out of the picture and we need to move on from that. So that means that right now Dawson is our best option. and trashing him can only be counterproductive.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Another idiotic thread 

Some of our fans forget Dawson ,Wildsmith , penny ,etc are young lads just out of the U23,s still learning their trade playing against vastly experienced players ,a lot of who have played in the premier league. It's time people got off their backs every time they make a mistake. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Some of our fans forget Dawson ,Wildsmith , penny ,etc are young lads just out of the U23,s still learning their trade playing against vastly experienced players ,a lot of who have played in the premier league. It's time people got off their backs every time they make a mistake. 

spot on post 36....

except the bit in bold isnt 100% accurate as folk are getting on their backs even when they haven't made a mistake.

I think people need to understand there's a distinction in comments about dropping/resting players from criticising them. 

We have a squad, and people need a chance to step in when people's form drops. For me Dawson could do with sitting out for a while.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think people need to understand there's a distinction in comments about dropping/resting players from criticising them. 

We have a squad, and people need a chance to step in when people's form drops. For me Dawson could do with sitting out for a while.

Exactly

Some reyt fannies on here

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Who knows what's in his contract...

If he's (Westwood) due some sort of appearance fee for being in the match day squad -which we know happens going right back to Wim Jonks £3000 match day fee even if he didn't get on the pitch from the bench-  then that might be a factor...

Shame for Wildsmith either way. The lad would benefit from game time.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Who knows what's in his contract...

If he's (Westwood) due some sort of appearance fee for being in the match day squad -which we know happens going right back to Wim Jonks £3000 match day fee even if he didn't get on the pitch from the bench-  then that might be a factor...

Shame for Wildsmith either way. The lad would benefit from game time.

The appearance fee seems to be the stumbling bloke if the rumours are true, if this is the reason I'm afraid it's a very short sighted decision by the chairman .