We need Westwood back

Westwood wasnt faultless and hes not going to be here next season,we need to move on,the sight of old duffy bamboozling Van Acken then mugging old westy at his near post needs no further explanation,his back and knee problems restrict his movement

Edited by legendaryswan

31 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

You'd be surprised how a commanding keeper can help a defense. Cloughie in his biography always stated a keeper was a cornerstone of his team. Why he paid so much for Shilton. To have an average shot stopper, who doesnt seem to talk much and organise his defense -- compared to a keeper who does and we pay 20k each week too -- and pick him really makes me question our manager.

So if he is so fantastically great then how come no other team wanted him.

Think we demanded 2 million for a keeper we knew wouldn't even get a reserve game.

Would we be better with Westwood in goal.

Maybe who knows.

Is it Dawson's fault the defence is like it is. 

NO.!!!

4 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

I don’t think it’s jos call. If is then his eyes must be painted on. 

A young defensive line lacking leadership and a young keeper isn’t a great combination. 

Individual errors and non ball playing defenders is what's wrong with us. 

Westwood can't fix any of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

So if he is so fantastically great then how come no other team wanted him.

Think we demanded 2 million for a keeper we knew wouldn't even get a reserve game.

Would we be better with Westwood in goal.

Maybe who knows.

Is it Dawson's fault the defence is like it is. 

NO.!!!

Not many sides can afford £20k a week, and the ones that can maybe have a keeper of a similar level. 

For us to drop a keeper we pay so much for a keeper any fan can see isnt up to the same standard is madness imo.

The result speaks for itself, no clean sheets and not even close to achieving it, with a defensive formation in each game.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

We are missing Loovens not Westwood.

Dawson couldn't communicate properly to his defenders he wouldn't be a number one keeper for a professional club.

He maybe could be if the manager is under a trade embargo and has a personal issue with the other keepers in his squad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

We are missing Loovens not Westwood.

Dawson couldn't communicate properly to his defenders he wouldn't be a number one keeper for a professional club.

Dawson doesn’t have the experience Westwood has. To be honest I can’t believe this discussion. 

A choice between Westwood or Dawson based purely on footballing ability????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

Not many sides can afford £20k a week, and the ones that can maybe have a keeper of a similar level. 

For us to drop a keeper we pay so much for a keeper any fan can see isnt up to the same standard is madness imo.

The result speaks for itself, no clean sheets and not even close to achieving it, with a defensive formation in each game.

As put by someone else on here Jos's eyes won't be painted on. If he could and wanted to play Westwood because he thought Dawson was at fault here he would.

Even if Chansiri is telling him look you can't play Westwood at all. Don't care.

Then the fact Wildsmith has not played in one of the league games tells you that Dawson is not the problem here.

1 hour ago, theoldtimer said:

Well, if the manager is going to sabotage our season over some off the field non-sense, I gotta question the managers decision making.

Big Ron had a punch up with Di canio at Bolton, he didnt drop him next game, as we need him to keep us up, which he did.

codswallop ! Jos sabotaging our season by blooding youth with unquestionable ability over ageing injury prone and past best players. KW was at fault for so many goals before his injury it was untrue. Dawson has not been totally at fault for any goals conceded but he being blamed for not organising his defence to poor back passes that went closer to full back than him. Dawson has more to learn but still has the ability to keep the no 1 shirt. We should be happy that we have 2 young keepers good enough to be wednesday legends if they carry on developing. Dawson is not the weak link in the team. Lees, Fletcher and Palmer are players who are much more experienced and probably paid much more than Dawson and they been making more mistakes in general play yet the haters are more harsh on Dawson. Why ?? because they think KW is the answer to our leaky defence and they must be a conspiracy theory why KW not playing. The truth is much more straight forward Jos things both Dawson and Wildsmith are better goal keepers from what he has seen. Thats it. Simple. No silly falling out BS. Get a grip.

Edited by hirstys_achilles
spelling

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

codswallop ! Jos sabotaging our season by blooding youth with unquestionable ability over ageing injury prone and past best players. KW was at fault for so many goals before his injury it was untrue. Dawson has not been totally at fault for any goals conceded but he being blamed for not organising his defence to poor back passes that went closer to full back than him. Dawson has more to learn but still has the ability to keep the no 1 shirt. We should be happy that we have 2 young keepers good enough to be wednesday legends if they carry on developing. Dawson is not the weak link in the team. Lees, Fletcher and Palmer are players who are much more experienced and probably paid much more than Dawson and they been making more mistakes in general play yet the haters are more harsh on Dawson. Why ?? because they think KW is the answer to our leaky defence and they must be a conspiracy theory why KW not playing. The truth is much more straight forward Jos things both Dawson and Wildsmith are better goal keepers from what he has seen. Thats it. Simple. No silly falling out BS. Get a grip.

fair enough, we arent going to agree. Personally, i cant see the logic of dropping a keeper widely accepted as the best in the division for a youngster who hasnt kept a clean sheet. I fail to see the logic in it, except the usual "have faith in jos" blind argument.

12 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Dawson doesn’t have the experience Westwood has. To be honest I can’t believe this discussion. 

A choice between Westwood or Dawson based purely on footballing ability????

Been saying it for ages on here. Dawson is our number one keeper as he kicks well with both feet. We play out from the back with not very good ball playing defenders you need a keeper who can clear his lines well without having to switch it to his kicking foot all the time.

Let's face it Dawson couldn't catch a cold in the box.

Jos said footballing reasons this is the only one that makes sense and it is why managers overlook errors ( flapping at crosses) as they want to persist with the way they like to play and have the best keeper suited to doing that. 

Best example Bravo at city. Couldn't save a shot. Still in goal because his footwork was far better than Hart's

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

As another OP has said, The fact that KW is not playing is more due to nobody was slightly interested in signing him. Wednesday would not demand a huge fee for a keeper not playing who is good wages. Yet the odd few still believe KW would be the answer. They need to open their eyes and look elsewhere and stop blaming the young keeper doing remarkably well for such inexperienced shoulders but getting by admirably because of his outstanding ability.

7 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

fair enough, we arent going to agree. Personally, i cant see the logic of dropping a keeper widely accepted as the best in the division for a youngster who hasnt kept a clean sheet. I fail to see the logic in it, except the usual "have faith in jos" blind argument.

"was" accepted not now. Have faith is not blind ! My eyes see a massive change for the better at swfc and very quickly with very little transfer money. Certainly not blind at all !!

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Been saying it for ages on here. Dawson is our number one keeper as he kicks well with both feet. We play out from the back with not very good ball playing defenders you need a keeper who can clear his lines well without having to switch it to his kicking foot all the time.

Let's face it Dawson couldn't catch a cold in the box.

Jos said footballing reasons this is the only one that makes sense and it is why managers overlook errors ( flapping at crosses) as they want to persist with the way they like to play and have the best keeper suited to doing that. 

Best example Bravo at city. Couldn't save a shot. Still in goal because his footwork was far better than Hart's

Maybe a misinterpretation of what I meant by footballing. 

Agree to disagree. 

A fit KW should be our number 1 in my opinion. He may not be the long term future. But he sure is the best goalkeeper at the club. 

6 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

"was" accepted not now. Have faith is not blind ! My eyes see a massive change for the better at swfc and very quickly with very little transfer money. Certainly not blind at all !!

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dawson has had to make more saves than any other keeper in the division. If he was keeping clean sheets with that stat it would be a miracle. The clean sheet problem is not an issue with Dawson at the moment. The stats prove it.

I was impressed with the villa and bristol performances. But Stoke, West Brom, Leeds and Boro, we hung on with our fingers nails. Seemed a step back from Carlos in his first two seasons. The fact Dawson has had to save so many shots with 5 in defense makes me question how good the changes at swfc really are. Without Reach's wonder strikes, we'd probably have lost 3/4 home games.