We need Westwood back

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Give it up it ain't happening, there is more chance of you getting a game in goal than KW

Well, if the manager is going to sabotage our season over some off the field non-sense, I gotta question the managers decision making.

Big Ron had a punch up with Di canio at Bolton, he didnt drop him next game, as we need him to keep us up, which he did.

3 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

Well, if the manager is going to sabotage our season over some off the field non-sense, I gotta question the managers decision making.

Big Ron had a punch up with Di canio at Bolton, he didnt drop him next game, as we need him to keep us up, which he did.

How do you know it's the manager?

So with Westwood in the side Thornily wouldn’t have let the ball bounce for the first goal, he’d have dealt with it properly by heading it away and for the second Lees wouldn’t have turned into trouble and completely cocked up

Not forgetting Westwood would have saved them both anyway

the problems lay squarely at the back 4/5s door tonight. Only Hector can say he had a reasonable game, the others were poor at best

8 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Not happening. Bored 

Yup I know its boring. Not a subject I have commented on so far. But its got to the stage where its so obvious our keeper and defense arent up to the task. Paying an alleged 20k to a keep not even near the squad is a scandal and we shouldnt just accept it.

Just now, yeadonowl said:

So with Westwood in the side Thornily wouldn’t have let the ball bounce for the first goal, he’d have dealt with it properly by heading it away and for the second Lees wouldn’t have turned into trouble and completely cocked up

Not forgetting Westwood would have saved them both anyway

the problems lay squarely at the back 4/5s door tonight. Only Hector can say he had a reasonable game, the others were poor at best

You'd be surprised how a commanding keeper can help a defense. Cloughie in his biography always stated a keeper was a cornerstone of his team. Why he paid so much for Shilton. To have an average shot stopper, who doesnt seem to talk much and organise his defense -- compared to a keeper who does and we pay 20k each week too -- and pick him really makes me question our manager.

11 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Westwood would have saved the first - his judgement of angles and positioning is better and he does give his team mates  some direction . Still dont get what's gone off there .

He may have warned Lees about the second as well. Dawson seems quiet as a keeper, to be expected for a youngster commanding experienced defenders like Lees and Hector.

48 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

I dont care if the manager has fallen out with him. This game isn't about making friends, its about winning.

We need an experienced keeper who can organise a defense. Not a clean sheet all season with five in defense.

25 pages minimum. :picnic:

No way if KW was playing would the result be any better in our favour. Back the young keeper we got he done nothing wrong and not at fault for any goals again but odd people still going on about KW. He only good for half a season due to injuries anyway. The future is with youth, they going to get better if they can play and gain experience and confidence. Fans who dont want to progress and stick with a keeper who was poor before his long term injury because he was good 3 seasons ago are the same fans who moan about how many injured players we have and why they always injured. Fact is some players DNA means they are not as strong as others. Experience shows us the history of KW, GH, AA, KL, MM and Hutchison will never be able to be relied on to play more than a few games at best before being injured again. As an example look at Kevin de Bryne at Man City. Did his knee ligaments in but 2 months later back in training. Abdi was fit 4 months ago but pulled out of a game with an eye complaint and has still never made a comeback. Gary Hooper never limped off the pitch or had a seriously bad challenge on him yet still has yet to return. JL inherited a team of talented crocks and inexperienced youth who have the possibility of being good players. What JL has done so far is amazing. He is building a young athletic and talented team very quickly as these things take a long time to perfect but he is doing all the right things to achieve this. There is nothing to gain by crying out for KW to return only negative things would be achieved by carrying on this waste of time and effort stance of all our problems would be gone if KW was back in goal ( they would not). Fact is if KW does every return we are in serious trouble. Get with the times and back the vision JL has for our club as its the best we can hope for at SWFC. If you don't agree I would love to hear your ideas on turning round our fortunes, lets face it Jos not got a lot of options. The options he does have I can't fault.