My Balanced View

Boro are attritional. Anyone wanting to beat them have to compete with them at their own game, it’ll be a physical battle as you’d expect from a Pulis team. They’ve also got a touch of the Billy Davies Nottingham Forest too. They know how to kill a game, be snidey, kill a game of football, stop the opposition from playing etc.

We did well in the first half. Well played Wednesday. We then went to sleep after cocoa and biscuits at half time. Some of our players got the benefit of the doubt from me after very average first half performances (Joao and Penney in particular), Penney looking like he’s starting to believe his own hype. Steady on kid and get back to playing football, not just trying to swagger. In the 2nd half some players let us down big style and cost us the game.

Thorniley was at fault for the first goal but I forgive him for his first half battling. Not helped out by a can’t be arsed Lees, and a cardboard cut-out keeper who only moved slightly when someone shot at him, probably because of the breeze.

Lees was shockingly appalling with the 2nd goal and single-handedly cost us the game. I’d fine him, drop him, and try and get him a part in the Muppets for his display tonight if I was his agent.

Disappointingly, the heads went down at 2-0 and I expect better. I played the game, My head was never down, even at 4-0 behind I’d believe we’d still get a result. I feel Bannan’s pain, you could see he really wanted it, and like me, was still believing anything was possible, still looking to win, even at 2-0 down, but some spineless team mates didn’t want to come to the party.

Not normally one for singling out players but tonight I feel its needed.

Dawson - flapped about and should never be first choice keeper.

Palmer - well done. Gave it a shot, his head didn’t go down.

Penney - as stated earlier, looked like he was starting to believe his own hype. Primadonna-esque tonight. Must improve.

Thorniley - good first half, poor 2nd half, not helped out by senior pro Lees.

Lees - absolutely shocking performance. Didn’t look interested, a bloody disgrace tonight

Hector - came out with credit. Tried, and cared

Bannan - had a job done on him by Boro but didn’t stop him fighting back as best he could. Well done Bazza

Pelupessy - liking him more and more. A proper role up your sleeves battler.

Reach - Boro don’t provide opposition that suits his style of play but he wasn’t disgraced and showed a glimpse of class again

Fletcher - a proper striker. Wins balls and free kicks for his team, holds the ball up, provides sonething to aim for, an asset up front

Joao - should think himself lucky he was on as long as he was. Bloody pathetic. Should’ve stayed in and watched a romantic movie with the dog.

Nuhiu - always tries hard the lad. Never going to fault his lack of quality whilst his heart is in it.

Jos - still not convinced, sorry mate. I’m reminded of what I keep saying to the wife. You always end up with what you pay for. Certainly gets credit working with what he’s got, and getting those players to look like a team that cares on the whole, but not doing enough to give me a semi. Not a chocolate chip cookie, but a plain dunker to dip in your mug of tea.

Should’ve got a point out of that, but didn’t. A repeating story of dropping points, and not keeping clean sheets. Not sustainable and no, I won’t stop going on about it until the bloody obvious is corrected. The defence need a decent keeper behind them, not that the keeper tonight could be blamed for our defeat, but he did nothing to inspire a defence in front of him either. He’s a single cone, vanilla ice cream, no flake or topping. About as inspirational to his defence as a pair of white Y-fronts. America in the 1920s, a flapper.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Boro are attritional. Anyone wanting to beat them have to compete with them at their own game, it’ll be a physical battle as you’d expect from a Pulis team. They’ve also got a touch of the Billy Davies Nottingham Forest too. They know how to kill a game, be snidey, kill a game of football, stop the opposition from playing etc.

We did well in the first half. Well played Wednesday. We then went to sleep after cocoa and biscuits at half time. Some of our players got the benefit of the doubt from me after very average first half performances (Joao and Penney in particular), Penney looking like he’s starting to believe his own hype. Steady on kid and get back to playing football, not just trying to swagger. In the 2nd half some players let us down big style and cost us the game.

Thorniley was at fault for the first goal but I forgive him for his first half battling. Not helped out by a can’t be arsed Lees, and a cardboard cut-out keeper who only moved slightly when someone shot at him, probably because of the breeze.

Lees was shockingly appalling with the 2nd goal and single-handedly cost us the game. I’d fine him, drop him, and try and get him a part in the Muppets for his display tonight if I was his agent.

Disappointingly, the heads went down at 2-0 and I expect better. I played the game, My head was never down, even at 4-0 behind I’d believe we’d still get a result. I feel Bannan’s pain, you could see he really wanted it, and like me, was still believing anything was possible, still looking to win, even at 2-0 down, but some spineless team mates didn’t want to come to the party.

Not normally one for singling out players but tonight I feel its needed.

Dawson - flapped about and should never be first choice keeper.

Palmer - well done. Gave it a shot, his head didn’t go down.

Penney - as stated earlier, looked like he was starting to believe his own hype. Primadonna-esque tonight. Must improve.

Thorniley - good first half, poor 2nd half, not helped out by senior pro Lees.

Lees - absolutely shocking performance. Didn’t look interested, a bloody disgrace tonight

Hector - came out with credit. Tried, and cared

Bannan - had a job done on him by Boro but didn’t stop him fighting back as best he could. Well done Bazza

Pelupessy - liking him more and more. A proper role up your sleeves battler.

Reach - Boro don’t provide opposition that suits his style of play but he wasn’t disgraced and showed a glimpse of class again

Fletcher - a proper striker. Wins balls and free kicks for his team, holds the ball up, provides sonething to aim for, an asset up front

Joao - should think himself lucky he was on as long as he was. Bloody pathetic. Should’ve stayed in and watched a romantic movie with the dog.

Nuhiu - always tries hard the lad. Never going to fault his lack of quality whilst his heart is in it.

Jos - still not convinced, sorry mate. I’m reminded of what I keep saying to the wife. You always end up with what you pay for. Certainly gets credit working with what he’s got, and getting those players to look like a team that cares on the whole, but not doing enough to give me a semi. Not a chocolate chip cookie, but a plain dunker to dip in your mug of tea.

Should’ve got a point out of that, but didn’t. A repeating story of dropping points, and not keeping clean sheets. Not sustainable and no, I won’t stop going on about it until the bloody obvious is corrected. The defence need a decent keeper behind them, not that the keeper tonight could be blamed for our defeat, but he did nothing to inspire a defence in front of him either. He’s a single cone, vanilla ice cream, no flake or topping. About as inspirational to his defence as a pair of white Y-fronts. America in the 1920s, a flapper.

Great post. Only part I can argue is Lees. I think he's interested - looked gutted when he tripped up.

Ps. How did you manage to find a wife? - I think I'll die alone at this rate.

UTO.

• Haha 1

Few things I noticed 

We try and be too clever on the ball, Joao and Penney in particular. Keep it simple 

Passing was poor, Penney in particular

We mess around with it at the back too much, Lees and Dawson in particular. Just clear it

We missed energy and movement from the likes of FF, Onomah, Matias etc.

besides our own mistakes I don’t think Boro were that much better. 

The pigs lost 3-0 to that lot so we’ve matched that result (a loss not the score line). We’re still 1 point up in the same fixtures faced. 

Could really do with them losing tomorrow tho 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Just now, oi_you_owl said:

Great post. Only part I can argue is Lees. I think he's interested - looked gutted when he tripped up.

Ps. How did you manage to find a wife? - I think I'll die alone at this rate.

UTO.

Had her scouted at Heart of Midlothian. She used to play midfield there, hard as nails Scottish lasses. After seeing Clare play, they want her back.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I’ve seen it all now. 

A game largely dominated for 80 minutes by Boro but the main reason was not their physicality, numbers in midfield Pulis tactics etc  but because we have got a young goalie.

wow - just wow

Did Dawson have a dally with your wife and/or have you got a man crush on Westwood? 

You clearly can’t read. See the bit that says Dawson can’t be blamed for the defeat. 3rd last sentence. Let me know if you struggle with anything else. lol

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Few things I noticed 

We try and be too clever on the ball, Joao and Penney in particular. Keep it simple 

Passing was poor, Penney in particular

We mess around with it at the back too much, Lees and Dawson in particular. Just clear it

We missed energy and movement from the likes of FF, Onomah, Matias etc.

besides our own mistakes I don’t think Boro were that much better. 

The pigs lost 3-0 to that lot so we’ve matched that result (a loss not the score line). We’re still 1 point up in the same fixtures faced. 

Could really do with them losing tomorrow tho 

Yes it’s probably true re Penney and Joao, but that ambition to try something special, has been what has given them their best moments this season. They maybe have to mix things up a bit, and learn when to keep things simple. Without the flair of Forestieri, we probably needed something out of the ordinary from others We got it from Reach, but for others, it didn’t work out

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You clearly can’t read. See the bit that says Dawson can’t be blamed for the defeat. 3rd last sentence. Let me know if you struggle with anything else. lol

Dawson's only real weakness is his ability to come for crosses. Flaps virtually everytime and your right that doesn't inspire confidence in the defence in front of him.

But we are not conceding goals as a result of his errors though are we it's through terrible, terrible defending. Something that doesn't come from him.

He is not to blame for the lack of a clean sheet this season.

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

“Not sustainable and no, I won’t stop going on about it until the bloody obvious is corrected. The defence need a decent keeper behind them, not that the keeper tonight could be blamed for our defeat, but he did nothing to inspire a defence in front of him either. He’s a single cone, vanilla ice cream, no flake or topping. About as inspirational to his defence as a pair of white Y-fronts. America in the 1920s, a flapper.”

Its thee that’s struggling. Thaz obsessed - get yerself off to a therapy session - Dawson’s Anonymous - Tea and biscuits provided. 

8 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

“Not sustainable and no, I won’t stop going on about it until the bloody obvious is corrected. The defence need a decent keeper behind them, not that the keeper tonight could be blamed for our defeat, but he did nothing to inspire a defence in front of him either. He’s a single cone, vanilla ice cream, no flake or topping. About as inspirational to his defence as a pair of white Y-fronts. America in the 1920s, a flapper.”

Its thee that’s struggling. Thaz obsessed - get yerself off to a therapy session - Dawson’s Anonymous - Tea and biscuits provided. 

I still love you though. garymegson

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

What crap? I provided a balanced view. Some things are clear to some that aren’t so clear to others, so we try to help the misguided out

Here's what's clear to me. Westwood won't play for Wednesday again. Wildsmith isn't as good a keeper has Dawson in Jos's or my eyes for that matter (dodgy in u23s other day) so why keep going on about it and slagging Dawson off

12 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Can't really blame Penney tonight. First half he got passed hospital ball after hospital ball. He had a couple of runs at their full back in the first half and failed, I think that just killed his confidence at running at him.

Give over mate penney was shocking tonight they targeted him as weak link offered nothing at all