When is the keeper responsible?

You can't blame Dawson for the shitshow in front of him at times but the question still stands.

How long can a keeper go without keeping a clean sheet?

The difference in quality between Wildsmith and Dawson isn't enough to warrant a seemingly guaranteed start every time for CD, and I don't want this to come across as Dawson bashing.

Our lack of clean sheets isn't down to individuals but shaking things up does mean dropping individuals.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately the keeper is only as good as the 10 players infront of him. 

Hes the last line of defence. 

Dropping Dawson doesn't do anything. Signing another centre half in January may help deal with the problem. 

There are issues all over the pitch. 

The issue we have is because we don't have the squad to rotate defenders,our only choice is to rotate the goalkeeper. I dont think Dawson is the problem but we need to be shown to be doing something and Wildsmith deserves a start. Can't imagine youd be happy at not getting a chance if the keeper infront of you is leaking goals a game (albeit none really his fault)

The defenders don't have confidence in the keeper

you can see that

Dawson is going to be a very good keeper

but he needs some work in his decision making and his distribution, he doesn't seem to be learning though from his mistakes

• Thanks 1

I’m not saying Dawson is at fault at all, but he just doesnt have a presence in goal. Lees needed an absolute dressing down multiple times tonight, normally it’s the keeper being vocal to his defence. 

Never going to happen but I’d play Westwood on Tuesday if I was the gaffer. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Even before the goals, there were some ridiculous balls across our back 4...Palmer twice trotted into midfield and Wednesday players looped the ball across the area and he had to chase back..penney one and i forget who the other was...

Their second was f.ookin' laughable

our defence (and keeper) is shambles at the moment

Sort it out Jos

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

The defenders don't have confidence in the keeper

you can see that

Dawson is going to be a very good keeper

but he needs some work in his decision making and his distribution, he doesn't seem to be learning though from his mistakes

I dunno Dot, they played it back to him often enough, Its not a lack of confidence playing a ball across yer own box to an oppo forward..its rank stupidity